MG ZS EV Facelift - Have you ordered?

When I had mine installed a completed order form was enough, but you need to own the vehicle for at least (I think) 3 months after installation.
Interesting... I'll look into it more as I have a completed order form lol

Hi all, I’ve ordered a Trophy Connect ZS EV Dynamic Red LR, I ordered it a couple of weeks ago, though a works perks scheme.
I didn’t know we had one, so I had been to see the dealer, glad I didn’t put an order in then. I have a delivery month of March, and it’s coming from Luscombe of Leeds.
Same here. Did not know about our work scheme. Ordered a Trophy in Battersea Blue & it's coming from Luscombe of Leeds too. Sam from Luscombe MG has been very helpful. Looking forward to delivery. It's our first full EV, had an Ampera before.

My 2018 leaf has had a wrongly coloured body panel (pearl white instead of flat white), squeaky door mirrors that had to be replaced, a defective rear camera that had to be replaced, and a defective head unit that I spent 2 months without whilst it went back to France to be repaired. It's come back and still has the same fault.

This is from a manufacturer with donkeys years experience and an EV pioneer. I don't think I can do any worse. And I still love my leaf, I just got a Friday afternoon in Sunderland one.
You are not alone, we are on our 3rd Leaf, a 2020 40 kWh, it's an absolute donkey of a car, it's spent a cumulative 5 months at the dealer since new, dealer doesn't care, Nissan care less. I hate the thing and can't wait to see the back of it. By contrast our MG had been great, one issue had and it was the steering click. Dealer sorted quickly and without fuss.

I've ordered a ZS EV LR SE to replace the Leaf.

The Trophy and Connect version are too expensive and too close in price to the Kona for me.

The facelift ZS seems to sort out the downsides of my wife's ZS EV, but even then it's a superior car to the Leaf, looking forward to getting my ZS.

I didn't like the centre console in the refreshed LEAF, uncomforable against the outside of the drivers left leg. 30 kWh LEAF has a smooth sided centre which you could rest your leg against comfortably.

Impossible to forget that they're still selling it with passive battery cooling - it's a joke.

I don't care about any deluge of comments here.

I have decided that, following too many wasted hours of research, however attractive the current offering may appear to be that it is a tarted up last generation electric vehicle which generates, on this forum alone, even today only, countless complaints relating to a large number of issues.

It doesn't matter to me how happy some may be with their examples, I'm not prepared to take the risk.

My Outlander phev remains faultless so I think we'll keep that and trade in swmbo's Skoda for an Ora Cat GT or something similar.

Specs much more in common with expectations of a modern bev.

In my opinion.
I had an outlander phev, cost a fortune to run, never had a service less than £500 , and actually cost less to charge my MG5 for 200 miles ish than to charge the phev for 20 miles a time (if your lucky) Glad to be rid

This is a segment car that MG intends to rub shoulders in the big player territory.
The price will have to be competitive, yes of course.
But I believe it will be pitched around the £40,000 plus mark ( if it ever DID make the UK ).
The original ZS EV could be purchased for around half of that price over here.
If you consider the price of the new ZS EV face lift, then there is no way you are going to get a Marvel R for another few grand ?
Let's wait and see !.
Over here ( Norway ) the marvel cost is 35k

Hi All, I have placed an order and hoping to get it soon in the new year. Looking forward to some updates here.

order date : 21/12/2021
Model : ZS EV Trophy connect Long range
Colour : Battersea Blue

Dealer has given March/April expected delivery dates. I can't wait!

Hi Everyone,

Ordered mine 1 week ago, we went for a MG ZS SE EV LR in White, I wanted the trophy model but decided to wait until after Xmas before ordering so missed the government scheme.

Honestly couldn’t justify the extra money few a few optional features which in my opinion doesn’t now represent good value with the grant.

Order process was simple, minimal deposit and a 3 year pcp, I was advised march as a delivery date and she could call one that was already allocated to the branch??? And MG would like as many on the road with the new reg to compete with other manufactures.

Hi Everyone,

Ordered mine 1 week ago, we went for a MG ZS SE EV LR in White, I wanted the trophy model but decided to wait until after Xmas before ordering so missed the government scheme.

Honestly couldn’t justify the extra money few a few optional features which in my opinion doesn’t now represent good value with the grant.

Order process was simple, minimal deposit and a 3 year pcp, I was advised march as a delivery date and she could call one that was already allocated to the branch??? And MG would like as many on the road with the new reg to compete with other manufactures.
If you don’t require the options that the Trophy offers over the SE - then I agree, don’t pay the extras !.
Personally I do believe the difference in price is worth the extra outlay, if you go through the list and attribute a price to each extra feature, then the price difference is very soon reached.
E.g. - A full size electric pano roof alone, is likely to cost around £1,500 on many other models.
But if you don’t want the extras then why pay indeed !.
It’s a shame you did not order a few weeks earlier like you said.
It’s what is more important fit for your usage case.
NO two people are likely to be the same.
Question to myself.
“Would I go for the long range SE model or the new up and coming standard range in the higher trim level”.
Easy answer :- If range is more important than features, then there is your answer !.

If you don’t require the options that the Trophy offers over the SE - then I agree, don’t pay the extras !.
Personally I do believe the difference in price is worth the extra outlay, if you go through the list and attribute a price to each extra feature, then the price difference is very soon reached.
E.g. - A full size electric pano roof alone, is likely to cost around £1,500 on many other models.
But if you don’t want the extras then why pay indeed !.
It’s a shame you did not order a few weeks earlier like you said.
It’s what is more important fit for your usage case.
NO two people are likely to be the same.
Question to myself.
“Would I go for the long range SE model or the new up and coming standard range in the higher trim level”.
Easy answer :- If range is more important than features, then there is your answer !.
Yes I fully agree, we looked at the added features such as

Panoramic roof - nice to have but I would imagine 80% of the time I would use it

Wireless charging - I would ideally like this but I would also utlilise appple car play so my phone would be always plugged in

Heated and electric seats- yes would be nice to have.

Leather style seats - honestly prefer the cloth variant

Maybe a few other bits and pieces but based on the previous scheme you would almost get the goddies for somewhat free in theory.

I do question why the government changed the grant especially with what appears to be very little warnin.

But either way I was massively impressed with the test drive and from someone who had never driven an automatic let alone a electric car it was a great experience and I had no hesitation put my order in.

Panoramic roof - nice to have but I would imagine 80% of the time I would use it
Its great for letting a lot of light into the car, so not just a benefit when its open :)
Heated and electric seats- yes would be nice to have.
Heated are a must for me after having them in the last 3 cars! Electric adjustment - not bothered about that part, but it comes included so why not!! :)
Leather style seats - honestly prefer the cloth variant
They are better than it sounds, and I hate the houndstooth design on the cloth seats

I love the panoramic roof feature as it makes my present ZS Exclusive feel very airy. Would love the option of the cloth seats as the pleather looks tacky in my opinion.

I love the panoramic roof feature as it makes my present ZS Exclusive feel very airy. Would love the option of the cloth seats as the pleather looks tacky in my opinion.
each to their own, I think the pleather is fine! Although if they had the option of an Alcantara or something similar, then that would be my preference.

Which model / colour did you order, I ordered a Black Trophy on the 2nd Nov and been told they don't expect it until march now,
hmm.. maybe I should contact the dealer again?
From what I’ve gathered from the Internet, the cars might trickle over as well as having a mass delivery. It could be that a red connect isn’t a popular choice. I’m sure I’d be waiting if I’d have ordered a blue trophy.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom