MG ZS EV Facelift - Test drives

drmcw

Established Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have a test drive booked for 10th December which is a bit late, but was earliest I could get that suited myself and the dealer. When have you a test drive booked? If tested what were your impressions?

I have a test drive booked for 10th December which is a bit late, but was earliest I could get that suited myself and the dealer. When have you a test drive booked? If tested what were your impressions?
UK dealers are not likely to receive their demo's until around the 24th November for the lucky ones.

Got a test drive this Friday. Looking forward to it. Anything anyone wants me to check out happy to help if I can.

Jonno
Look out @Jonnobris !.
Thanks for the offer.
Wait for the avalanche of question 🤣.
Here is the first of many, I have no doubt.
I have read that the new motor ( engine ) in the face lift model is different and improved.
The evident whine from the motor on the Gen1 has now disappeared ?.
Therefore the cabin noise should be improved and therefore be more silent, can you verify please !.

Got a test drive this Friday. Looking forward to it. Anything anyone wants me to check out happy to help if I can.

Jonno
Lucky you. :cool: General impression really. Looks like you're in the same boat as me and haven't tried the previous version, so cannot compare to that. If it has the connect services then wondering how useful they'll be?

No, haven't driven a Mk1 ZS, I have been in one. I am coming from 8 years of EV ownership and currently have a 2018 Leaf Tekna. Keen to see how this compares.

I have booked my car with Chorley but will my local Oxford MG dealer allow me to Test drive the new ZS especially if they know that my deal will be with Chorley 🤔

No, haven't driven a Mk1 ZS, I have been in one. I am coming from 8 years of EV ownership and currently have a 2018 Leaf Tekna. Keen to see how this compares.
4 years in a 2017 leaf for me but haven't been in a Mk1 at all.
I have booked my car with Chorley but will my local Oxford MG dealer allow me to Test drive the new ZS especially if they know that my deal will be with Chorley 🤔
Tempted to order now as well but sitting on hands as I should wait until the test drive😬

driven a hs phev, currently drive a leaf 40. im assuming the original zs is a bit between the both of them? already ordered so don't really want a test drive. just want to know what to expect.

the price is now into the majority of builders, it will lose it edge, Skoda seems to be leading at present

the price is now into the majority of builders, it will lose it edge, Skoda seems to be leading at present
I had a moment of thinking this, but looking at the spec and the warranty you get with the MG, it does still seem, to me, better value. Admitted that the price has crept up, and discounts reduced, but that will always be the case when demand and popularity creeps up.

UK dealers are not likely to receive their demo's until around the 24th November for the lucky ones.
We received ours yesterday. Heading out for a drive in it this morning now it’s fully charged. Will pre-heat it before I get to work. Any specific questions you’d like me to try answer?

We received ours yesterday. Heading out for a drive in it this morning now it’s fully charged. Will pre-heat it before I get to work. Any specific questions you’d like me to try answer?
Thanks @Sam Luscombe .
The few people who have had test drives say the suspension fells different, but can offer no explanation why this is ?.
I believe that the car is still running on the same set up as the Gen1 version, so I can only come to the conclusion that it is the extra weight that makes it feel different ?.
When looking at both the Gen1 and Gen2 models and comparison, the face lift model goes look a slightly lower ride height ?.
I also think this down to the increased weight of the car.
Also, the Gen2 face lift model has a different electric drive motor that delivers the same power, but in a slightly more linear way,
Also, motor whine has been removed and therefore the cabin SHOULD be more silent.
What are your thoughts on both of these subjects Sam ?.
Thanks for taking the time to post.
Any feedback comparing both models on a back to back basis will be gratefully received.
Many thanks 🙏.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom