MG ZS EV Facelift - Test drives

Still confused by the connect, I thought the amazon music subscription would be a part of it. So you just get weather and live traffic? Unless it's a platform for rolling out further connected services then I see little point in forking out £500 for telling what you can see out the window or tune into on the radio!

Still confused by the connect, I thought the amazon music subscription would be a part of it. So you just get weather and live traffic? Unless it's a platform for rolling out further connected services then I see little point in forking out £500 for telling what you can see out the window or tune into on the radio!
I think what MG means is that you can use the 4G in the car to stream music through your Amazon account, if you have a subscription, instead of through your phone's 4G. For reference, unlimited 4g Vodafone plan is £24 a month.

I think what MG means is that you can use the 4G in the car to stream music through your Amazon account, if you have a subscription, instead of through your phone's 4G. For reference, unlimited 4g Vodafone plan is £24 a month.
Doesn't really make it a compelling option then does it! Using it as a wifi hotspot now that could be useful.

I thought the other non-white paints were supposed to be "metallic" as well though, with white the only "solid" colour.
According to the dealer I spoke to today, the only non-metallic colour is indeed white. I drove a red Trophy today and was very impressed. For me, the red is a bit too much "there". The wife likes the black. My say on colour matters not!

On a half hour test drive (50% on the M4) it's difficult to take everything in however I have another test drive booked at a different dealer on Saturday where I'll be able to look at things I missed today.

According to the dealer I spoke to today, the only non-metallic colour is indeed white.
That is 100% correct.
White is a basic solid single stage colour finish.
Silver / Black & Blue is a two stage metallic paint finish.
Dynamic Red is a "Tri-Coat" three stage finish.
The later being the most expensive.

that sounds like nonsense. currently using another music service which I would stop for myself and free up a slot for another of my kids, why can't I piggy back off the cars 4g for that? sounds like a bit of misselling to me as it says amazon music is included on the website. see below. directly from the MG website.

iSmart with live services (additional services include Weather, Live Traffic, Amazon Music

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-24 at 19.34.08.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-24 at 19.34.08.png
    631.3 KB · Views: 132
that sounds like nonsense. currently using another music service which I would stop for myself and free up a slot for another of my kids, why can't I piggy back off the cars 4g for that? sounds like a bit of misselling to me as it says amazon music is included on the website. see below. directly from the MG website.

iSmart with live services (additional services include Weather, Live Traffic, Amazon Music
Hmm, I didn't get a chance to look at this during my half hour drive today however according to a video review I saw earlier, with the Amazon music, you get a basic service but if you have an Amazon account (Prime?) and log in using those details, you get the full service, so to speak.

I'll check this on Saturday.

Did anybody spot the voltage of the HV battery pack in one of the displays of the info unit ?.
SOC 97% with a pack voltage of 402 Volts ?.
This differs a LOT from the original ZS EV which ever software you are running on.
Okay, the pack was NOT completely full, but at 97% it's not far off !.
Am I right in thinking this much lower voltage reported is a lot closer to the pack voltage on the MG5 ????.
This maybe something that may spark (sorry) the interest of @JodyS21.
Not sure if the HVAC is running though ?.
It is showing that the climate is set at 21 degrees and fan blower set to speed one, but not sure if it is running.
What say you ?.

Facelift pack voltage 2021-11-24 at 20.40.32.png

Hmm, I didn't get a chance to look at this during my half hour drive today however according to a video review I saw earlier, with the Amazon music, you get a basic service but if you have an Amazon account (Prime?) and log in using those details, you get the full service, so to speak.

I'll check this on Saturday.
if that's the case then fine. we have prime and so have access to the basic version of amazon music but I don't currently use it as it keeps freezing on android auto (leaf). did used to have unlimited family subscription but cancelled cos of the issues. moved to Spotify family but got tired of constant 'woke' suggestions so moved to deezer family but am limited so can't add more to the family plan.

Will have to see what's included but I wouldn't have ordered connect if its just integration with amazon music. android auto and CarPlay integrate with all music services so its completely unnecessary. £500 for traffic (free on Waze, google etc), weather (on the home screen of my phone) is a bit of a con.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom