MG ZS EV Internal & Number Plate Bulbs

gkay2021

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Seen a few posts about how led bulbs on the number plate make a difference to the reversing camera at night.

Also would the same bulbs below be suitable for fitting in place of the current centre interior bulb?

I have 2 young kids and trying to put there seat belts on in current conditions is proving very difficult without the rear light in the back I’m used to.

Other option I had thought about was one of these - Interior Light

Number Plate Bulbs

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Seen a few posts about how led bulbs on the number plate make a difference to the reversing camera at night.

Also would the same bulbs below be suitable for fitting in place of the current centre interior bulb?

I have 2 young kids and trying to put there seat belts on in current conditions is proving very difficult without the rear light in the back I’m used to.

Number Plate Bulbs
Check page 263 of the owners manual.

Lamp Bulb Specifications
Headlamp High/Low Beam HB3LL 60W
Front Direction Indicators PY21W 21W
Front Side Light/Daytime
Running Lamp LED
Rear Side Light W5W 5W
Reverse Lamps W16W 16W
Rear Fog Lamps P21W 21W
Lamp Bulb Specifications
Stop Lamp/Rear Side Light W21/5W 21/5W
License Plate Lamps W5W 5W
Rear Direction Indicators WY16W 16W
High Mounted Stop Lamp LED
Interior Lamp W5W 5W
Load Space Lamp C10W 10W
Side Repeater lamp WY5W 5W

Last edited:
Just a tip of you change the number plate light bulbs.

Replace them internally and don't try to unclip the external lens.
The clip snaps :oops:

Thanks for the replies. My bulbs come today so will have a scan of the manual and look for how to change them out on the number plate and interior.

Thanks for the replies. My bulbs come today so will have a scan of the manual and look for how to change them out on the number plate and interior.
The interior lamp cover is a right pain to remove, very tight. I found it slightly easier to prise the rear end out first, contrary to what the manual says.

Number Plate Bulbs
Hi, haven't done the licence plate globe but I show the interior light LED upgrade at around 15.40 mark in this video and also have a link to the globes in show notes. Definitely worth upgrading to LED's for the additional light output. Cheers from Down under.

Number Plate Bulbs
Same bulbs fit the interior light and number plate lights.

However the number plate light holder is limited on space, you'll need a slender shaped bulb rather than a circular one like you linked.

Ebay i bought these and they're snug in the reversing light holder, anything fatter and they won't fit as the lens is on an angle.

Just a tip of you change the number plate light bulbs.

Replace them internally and don't try to unclip the external lens.
The clip snaps :oops:
Did you replace the number plate light fitting. I’ve just snapped on of mine. Looking for a replacement.

If you do break the number plate lamp lens holding clip, here's a link for replacements.

Strangley it also shows this part number for a mg6.
Fit great and working hunky dorey.
Not strange, the same number plate lamp lens are used on multiple SAIC MG models, including MG6, MG5, HS, GS etc.

Attachments

• lens.jpg
    lens.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 87
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom