MG zs ev jacking points

Rex

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
As the MG doesn't come with a spare tyre, the book does not have official jacking points.
So I would like to know if any one knows the correct points.
As tyre places can be a bit rough, ( in Australia anyway), I would like to make sure they jack the car, without any damage.

Solution
The problem is, there are no triangles showing, I suspect they're covered up by the plastic sill covers.
There are cut outs on the edge of the plastic sill covers where the chassis looks to join the sill, I suspect that is where they are. But if you use a jack there it will be resting on the plastic cover, I suspect it may damage it.
Picked up my new 2023 ZSEV yesterday. I had bought a golf gti space saver even though the diameter is a bit smaller than it should so i was keen to make sure i could use it.

What an experience! The aero wheel covers feel like they’re going to snap. The lift points are pretty rudimentary (i had deduced that they were the cut outs others had identified here even though they are not shown in the Oz handbook). Lifting the rear at the lift point sucked. Huge travel required. Never again. Thanks ECA for indicating a better location. The sill cutout edge is easily damaged, not a great design at all. I used a slotted protection block but 🤷‍♀️

Stupidly the 23 comes with the bolt cover tweezers but doesn’t need them.

Anyway to the task at hand, the car didn’t do anything silly with the gti wheel but did feel a bit lop sided/down on one corner. Enough to get you out of trouble i expect. Computer didn't ‘say no’ and shut down thankfully. I ran it at 75km with no drama.

I’d also like to know where people think the best front point is as well. Anybody?

Upvote 0
Picked up my new 2023 ZSEV yesterday. I had bought a golf gti space saver even though the diameter is a bit smaller than it should so i was keen to make sure i could use it.

What an experience! The aero wheel covers feel like they’re going to snap. The lift points are pretty rudimentary (i had deduced that they were the cut outs others had identified here even though they are not shown in the Oz handbook). Lifting the rear at the lift point sucked. Huge travel required. Never again. Thanks ECA for indicating a better location. The sill cutout edge is easily damaged, not a great design at all. I used a slotted protection block but 🤷‍♀️

Stupidly the 23 comes with the bolt cover tweezers but doesn’t need them.

Anyway to the task at hand, the car didn’t do anything silly with the gti wheel but did feel a bit lop sided/down on one corner. Enough to get you out of trouble i expect. Computer didn't ‘say no’ and shut down thankfully. I ran it at 75km with no drama.

I’d also like to know where people think the best front point is as well. Anybody?
As you are using a VW space saver rim ( fine ).
I am assuming that you using five of the matching VW wheel bolts to suit this type of rim also ?.
The countersink pressing formed in the rim of the VW wheel is a different angle from that in the MG wheel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As you are using a VW space saver rim ( fine ).
I am assuming that you using four of the matching VW wheel bolts to suit this type of rim also ?.
The countersink pressing formed in the rim of the VW wheel is a different angle from that in the MG wheel.
Yes i have five spherical studs to suit.

Upvote 0
MG EV spare wheels are available on eBay (in the UK at least) along with a jack and spanner. The kit doesn’t though include a retaining bolt (to hold it securely to the wheel well) but those are available there too.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom