MG ZS EV Radio has locked and won't let me change station

How to switch of dead reckoning

As for radio have you reboot it press hold home button same as after switching of dead reckoning you can see in vid

Sorted out thanks

Will give it a try just the radio to sort out now.
Heating system nothing to do with ECO system definitely blocked. Unfortunately.

My radio stopped working reboot not worked and not willing to play with battery keeps coming up with a U-drive Identity Failure. anyone heard of this?

My radio stopped working reboot not worked and not willing to play with battery keeps coming up with a U-drive Identity Failure. anyone heard of this?
And you've tried the battery disconnect reset aswell? If so probably trip to dealer

And you've tried the battery disconnect reset aswell? If so probably trip to dealer
No I won't play with that unless the dealer says it's the only way to fix it. I would rather they fix it as under warranty!

Radio locked up and wouldn't play so went back into the garage was informed it's not the infotainment system it's the battery i tried not to laugh in her face but couldn't. Problem fixed all good again now removed power and replaced as soft reboot didn't work.

I had a similar problem with my zs trophy connect lr.
The radio would just freeze. I ended up having the infotainment system remapped since then its been OK.
However. If I'm using tge radio on dab when I use my brakes or the vehicle goes into regen mode the radio sound goes off. But when the brake pedal is released or when I press the throttle taking it out of regen the sound comes back on.
I have reported it but tge garage look at me daft.

I had a similar problem with my zs trophy connect lr.
The radio would just freeze. I ended up having the infotainment system remapped since then its been OK.
However. If I'm using tge radio on dab when I use my brakes or the vehicle goes into regen mode the radio sound goes off. But when the brake pedal is released or when I press the throttle taking it out of regen the sound comes back on.
I have reported it but tge garage look at me daft.

It looks like there is an interference from the regeneration bits...? I have UV lamp on the window sill for a plant propagator and DAB radio which is nearby stops working when I turn the lamp on ... 😅

Cheers looks like that won't get sorted then. I'll just have to use MW.
🤔
it should be something to fix under the warranty, book it in for check-up and just show them what happens, it's not normal.
to give you some ideas, although not sure if this is relevant to your case :

How to solve DAB radio interference
  1. The first thing to try is re-wiring the power cable so it runs in an alternative route, perhaps the other side of the car.
  2. Try using a shielded power cable. These are usually more expensive but do offer better protection against interference.
  3. Try using noise suppressors.

Minimizing RF interference

Here are the three methods by which engineers stop interference from affecting the electronic system:

1 – Shielding

RFI is reduced largely by enclosing the electronic system in metal. It traps the noise and ensures that it does not reach the antenna. This method is even more effective if the metal is bonded to the ground by electric means. It is best not to have wires pass the shield since it acts as an antenna.

2 – Filtering

This method seems highly practical to reduce interference. Filtering circuits are installed beside the noise-production terminals in the system. Electrical components like choke coils and capacitors effectively filter out RF interference.

3 – Grounding

Grounding implies the electrical connection between a system and a plane known as the ground. It is done to pass on the interference to the ground rather than emitted as radiation.

Last edited:
It didn't do from new but may have been masked by the infotainment system fault. But I have had a Tow bar fitted so I'm wondering that is the cable that could be shielded?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom