MG ZS EV refreshed version reviews

In KC’s video he says that the regen braking does not work when MG pilot is on. Is this correct or should this be when adaptive cruise is on?

Looking at the video of the SE, is all of the seat fabric? To me it looks like the pattern in the middle is but the surround is the pleather?
Can confirm it’s All fabric.. I checked one out in the showroom when I went for a test drive last week.

The rear camera resolution really could be improved, but at the same time I wouldn't say it was unusable - I could see what I needed to, no struggle.

Similarly I always leave a cables in the car, so no wireless Carplay is no deal breaker for me.

The rear camera resolution really could be improved, but at the same time I wouldn't say it was unusable - I could see what I needed to, no struggle.

Similarly I always leave a cables in the car, so no wireless Carplay is no deal breaker for me.
agreed, she also didn't mention the 360 camera! On my test drive, I didn't notice much lag on the touchscreen!

agreed, she also didn't mention the 360 camera! On my test drive, I didn't notice much lag on the touchscreen!
I didn't have any issue with the touchscreen response time either - maybe I'm slow :LOL:

It's a shame journalists can't test cars with no identifiers. Then good or bad they'd assess what's in front of them, not what they believe it to be based on the maker. I doubt many ID3 videos would be named 'You Don't Get What You Pay For', because of the interior.

Personally I found it comfortable, fairly quick, perfect to carry 3 other adults/4 kids, and with a much better interior than some reviews suggest (which surprised me being as I'm no fan of pleather). Yes, there are a few things I'd put on the wish list for when MG does a full model update (rear cabin light, memory seat, 3 stage heated seats), but not having those things didn't make this feel like some cheap step down.

I've no regrets about ordering one.

It’s almost like, because it’s offered as affordable EV car for the average Joe, it’s then becomes an obsession to find and pick up on any small point as they can.
Then attribute the small issues found, to the fact that it’s a “Cheap Car” somehow ?.
I am sure you could pick fault with another EV costing more than the ZS EV facelift, if you really wanted.
Early Tesla builds where extremely poor quality as we all know.
Never stopped people buying these more expensive models though, did it ?.
The “Cheap & Cheerful” thing has been done to death now really.

She came over more as a game show prize stroker than a serious automotive journalist. When I had my test drive, i found it comparable to the Kona which I drive at the moment. No issues with interior or touchscreen, and the reversing camera doesn't have to be high resolution. You only need to see if there is anything there you are going to hit, not read a newspaper. :) She failed to mention the 360 camera and the blind spot camera pop up which took me by surprise on such a reasonably priced EV.

i would rather a grainy 360 camera that the mg and leaf offer than a crystal clear rear camera only. 360 cameras are a game changer. really hard to scratch any rims.

i would rather a grainy 360 camera that the mg and leaf offer than a crystal clear rear camera only. 360 cameras are a game changer. really hard to scratch any rims.
I have to agree with that. I've been caught out too many times, so 360 is a blessing.

What I'm looking forward to, is for deliveries to start coming through & updates from actual owners.

She came over more as a game show prize stroker than a serious automotive journalist.....
"you buy it and start boasting about your friends that you have a fancy camera ....." says it all really, if one can't string the correct words into a standard sentence, why would anyone want to listen to her opinion?

The ZS EV is what it is; it's not a VW, BMW or similar, but it is the same price as a Renault Zoe and you get a heck of a lot of stuff for that price point. Will it be a great car? Heck no, but it's better than many and worse than a lot too and remember, it's not priced as a premium car.

As a vehicle that is clearly positioned, and priced, as an entry into EV ownership, I doubt there is anything else as cost effective (other than a free car!). At this price point the car allows one to test the water, try and do the right thing and see if one can adapt one's lifestyle to such a vehicle without a) entirely breaking the bank and b) giving up on many of the niceties of one's current vehicle. But, most mainstream reviews have said that already, so not much point in getting too upset by a video by a relative nobody I'd say.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom