MG ZS EV refreshed version reviews

MG ZS EV at about 2 minutes in, but the whole thing is worth a watch for anyone looking for an EV.

I would expect the rear vents to have a sliding cut off like the front centre ones.
If you could check that out for us @BruceT ? ;)
Didn't look like it? on the WhichEV YouTube earlier in this thread page 1 I think?

Just had another look and I see sliders, I guess slid right over to the middle might shut them off, especially as the rear isn't a separate zone.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes of course
I have tried to find some shots of the rear air vents on the face lift model.
The quality of this image may not be the best, but it does clearly show they are of similar style as the one's in the centre of the front dash panel.
They are adjustable for direction, but I am unable to tell if they have a slider control to shut them on or off sorry.
At least it has some vents now !.

Rear Air Vents  2021-12-07 at 19.11.01.png

@BruceT If you remember, can you check if there is a slide switch to close off the vents in the rear please.
I don't expect there will be any control via the head unit ?.
Thank you !.

I mentioned it in another thread. I would assume the gen 1 is the same. If you have only driven ICE cars or many other EVs and never a LEAF you will probably not notice. The BMW i3 I tested years ago had the same delay. I think manufacturers add it to try to replicate the feeling of driving a petrol car.

No auto hold, that was the first thing to get turned off. If the delay was that bad I would not have ordered one.

You can demonstrate it by tapping the steering wheel with your hand at the same time as flooring it. There will be a noticeable delay between the tap and the car launching.
So basically smash the accelerator down on red-amber rather than green? (I'm a leaf driver).

Ok guys, had my test drive. To answer a couple of questions.
Air vents, there is no slider to shut them off, however, if you point the vents away from the centre they are closed off. The front vents are the same as the mod 1, point them all the way to the right, they are off. There is no other heating vents to the back seats.
The heating is ok, obviously, it works differently from mod1. it gets up to temperature slower but once it gets there it's fine, 20c in this is about the same as in my Mercedes. I think you will tend to get in in the morning, press the defrost button to warm it all up the go back to auto.
The USB socket by the mirror is a USB A.
Somebody said you couldn't set radio memory. well, yes you can, so many ways.
The radio sound seems better, just a bit nicer.
The indicator click is SOOOO LOUD!
Someone said the accelerator was "laggy" I found it fine, it suits my driving. it's a bit subjective, of course, but I'll be happy with it.
Lane keep assist is a bit meh, I should think it would be ok on the motorway.

Anybody want my opinion on anything else just ask

Ok guys, had my test drive. To answer a couple of questions.
Air vents, there is no slider to shut them off, however, if you point the vents away from the centre they are closed off.
The indicator click is SOOOO LOUD!
Thanks, that's good to know about the vents.

The first time I put the indicator on me and the missus just looked at each other in amazement and burst out laughing at how loud it was. At least it's a reasonably pleasant sound and we got used to it after a few minutes.

Last edited:

The first time I put the indicator on me and the missus just looked at each other in amazement and burst out laughing at how loud it was. At least it's a reasonably pleasant sound and we got used to it after a few minutes.

The DoneDeal review above notes that the indicator plays through the speakers so that would explain the loudness if you've got the speakers turned up. I wonder if it's possible to adjust it in the audio settings?

Not sure about that I think it's just so loud they assumed it's through the speakers. It is great for old people who drive along with the indicators on because they can't hear it in other cars 😂 If they're correct it would be great if the level could be adjusted on the touchscreen in the same way you can adjust volumes of various types in your smartphone settings.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom