MG ZS EV refreshed version reviews

The DoneDeal review above notes that the indicator plays through the speakers so that would explain the loudness if you've got the speakers turned up. I wonder if it's possible to adjust it in the audio settings?
The original models also play through the speakers, you can tell as if you have the indicator on then you get a bong or something then the indicator sound us interrupted, I think its either a separate speaker, or a separate channel, not sure which. I don't remember the indicators being any louder than the original model when I did my test drive though, although I didn't try the radio! Whoever is test driving one next could try adjusting the volume when the indicators are on and see if you can reduce the sound?! :)

i
The original models also play through the speakers, you can tell as if you have the indicator on then you get a bong or something then the indicator sound us interrupted, I think its either a separate speaker, or a separate channel, not sure which. I don't remember the indicators being any louder than the original model when I did my test drive though, although I didn't try the radio! Whoever is test driving one next could try adjusting the volume when the indicators are on and see if you can reduce the sound?! :)
I was thinking about this on the drive into work this morning, I remember seeing in one of the videos a menu where you can adjust the volume of the bongs etc, I can't quite remember if this was on the new ZS or another car altogether, but I'm 90% sure it was the ZS, so maybe the volume can be lowered in that menu?! Maybe someone could check who's either got their car or is doing a test drive soon?

Whoever is test driving one next could try adjusting the volume when the indicators are on and see if you can reduce the sound?! :)
I did actually adjust the radio volume, NOT actually in relation to the indicator, but didn't seem to make any difference to them. Don't get me wrong, it is louder but nothing like the "bongs" I'm sure some of us remember them, it's really NOT irritating, just louder and not unpleasant.

I did actually adjust the radio volume, NOT actually in relation to the indicator, but didn't seem to make any difference to them. Don't get me wrong, it is louder but nothing like the "bongs" I'm sure some of us remember them, it's really NOT irritating, just louder and not unpleasant.
yeah they didn't bother me on my test drive, in fact I didn't even realise they were louder!! :O

New MG ZS EV crowned 2022 DrivingElectric Car of the Year:

Did you catch the bit where he said the trophy isn't far off in price to a base level 60kw enyaq? laughable. A car with less kit, less range, and much more expensive.
Yeah - I did pick up on that one thanks 🙏.
It’s a bit like this to me, if you are going to make a video and then unloaded the content to a public platform for people to watch and gain information from, then at lease get the information you are delivering correct !.
Otherwise you lose your credibility as a car reviewer.
He contradicted himself on more than a couple of occasions by saying the improvements where good both needed and welcomed and the car represents good value for money, then attacks the changes as not being enough and wanted more ?.
When driving the car, he said it was good to drive but it is very similar to the previous model ?.
There is a good reason for that, it is the same car, but with new bumpers front and back ?.
It’s a face lift NOT a completely new model.
When VW face lifted the MK7 Golf to the 7.5 model, is was the same car under the face lift.
A problem I find with SOME of these car reviewers, is that they are jumping in and out of SO many different cars and different price points, it becomes difficult to keep the review balanced, if you have previously tested Merc EQC or a fat E.Tron with a price tag of around eight grand !.
Easy to pass criticism on a car that offers less for a lot less money !.
With respect, some of these cars that reviewers are driving, are well outside of the average Joe’s pocket.
And in the reviewers, in many cases !.
Their heads are bigger than their pockets.

Last edited:
Yeah - I did pick up on that one thanks 🙏.
It’s a bit like this to me, if you are going to make a video and then unloaded the content to a public platform for people to watch and gain information from, then at lease get the information you are delivering correct !.
Otherwise you lose your credibility as a car reviewer.
He contradicted himself on more than a couple of occasions by saying the improvements where good both needed and welcomed and the car represents good value for money, then attacks the changes as not being enough and wanted more ?.
When driving the car, he said it was good to drive but it is very similar to the previous model ?.
There is a good reason for that, it is the same car, but with new bumpers front and back ?.
It’s a face lift NOT a completely new model.
When VW face lifted the MK7 Golf to the 7.5 model, is was the same car under the face lift.
A problem I find with SOME of these car reviewers, is that they are jumping in and out of SO many different cars and different price points, it becomes difficult to keep the review balanced, if you have previously tested Merc EQC or a fat E.Tron with a price tag of around eight grand !.
Easy to pass criticism on a car that offers less for a lot less money !.
With respect, some of these cars that reviewers are driving are well outside of the average Joe’s pocket.
And in the reviewers, in many cases !.
Their heads are bigger than their pockets.
I thought the point about steering wheel reach adjustment being non present was valid though.

I thought the point about steering wheel reach adjustment being non present was valid though.
I can understand that if you can't get comfy, I was the same with my 2016 Prius, that too only had tilt adjustment and I couldn't find the perfect position for the seat due to the lack of reach adjustment, my left knee was up against the dash.
I don't have the same problem in the ZS for some reason, there seems to be more room between the wheel and the dash and I can get comfy in a variety of positions. The larger range of seat height adjustment in the ZS helps as well.

States the boot capacity is 448l, that's the fossil car's boot capacity... it's 470l.

He says you can't adjust the tilt of the driver's seat!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom