MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Hi there. We ordered our MG in Feb 22 from Wilson’s Motors in Surrey. At the time of the order we were told to expect delivery between may and June. Called today and was informed late August is the estimate delivery date.

Here in the UK, we have 3 trims…SE, Trophy and Trophy connect…the SE is bottom of the range, no leather seats, no heated seat, no sunroof, no rain sensors, no blind spot, 4 speakers, not fold wing mirrors, really everything you’ve said…The Trophy has everything above, not voice recognition or the weather forecast…the top of the range comes with voice control and weather updates and live sat nav, Amazon music…not really worth another £500 on the price for things you could do on your phone…hope this helps..
Yeah, it seems that we dont have the Trophy, only the Trophy Connect as the "top of the range"

I just find it odd, that it seems every country has it's own variants.

But the Trophy in the UK, does it support the app ?

I would imagine that the difference between the Trophy and Trophy connect is the data connection, based on what features are missing. ?

I for one would gladly pay the £500 for the ability to use the app alone.

Also, the OTA update feature is also only available on the high spec car here. Again, probably because of the data connectivity. (Even though that's not really a good reason, because the non-data cars could just be made so they could connect via home wifi to the update server :) )

I would imagine that the difference between the Trophy and Trophy connect is the data connection, based on what features are missing. ?
You can bet it is purely a marketing ploy. Offering a marginally higher, but mostly superfluous, spec to eek out an extra 500 quid.

No doubt our Trophy model(middle of the pile) is same price but lower spec to your Luxury model. Call me cynical if you like but we are not called "rip off Britain" for no reason.

Yeah, it seems that we dont have the Trophy, only the Trophy Connect as the "top of the range"

You can bet it is purely a marketing ploy. Offering a marginally higher, but mostly superfluous, spec to eek out an extra 500 quid.

No doubt our Trophy model(middle of the pile) is same price but lower spec to your Luxury model. Call me cynical if you like but we are not called "rip off Britain" for no reason.

I had some speculation regarding why we get the special treatments with the nerf'ed Trophy spec:

Iguazu Highway currently moored in Aqaba, Jordan
Drive Green Highway and Neptune Ace currently in the Med heading to Barcelona

Anyone ordered from Stoneacre?

I firstly ordered ID 4 52KW in Nov with heat pump and told it will build in Sep and might arrive on Nov. I then cancelled cause ID4 seems less efficient on my test drives than MG.

Placed MG order in Mar and told early July. But not so sure though.

I agree not dealers fault like my dealer said I could cancel if I wanted to but a couple of years ago would never have said that to me but other dealers plus himself know they can sell any new cars that come in. Aleast that's not a lie
I ordered my new ZS EV Trophy back in November 2021, told to expect delivery around March now gone out to end of May. As much as I like the MG I will be looking around at other makes with a better delivery time. Disheartened ZS user.

Got a call from my dealer today that they expect delivery at the start of May, LR Trophy in Black. Ordered mid Feb, original estimated date for delivery was July. Not gonna hold my breath but cautiously optimistic.
I hope your dealer is being truthful, I ordered my LR Trophy in November last year with a delivery in March 2022, this has now been revised to end of May. I am currently looking around at other manufacturers who can offer a certain delivery. Frustrated ZS EV owner.

I ordered my new ZS EV Trophy back in November 2021, told to expect delivery around March now gone out to end of May. As much as I like the MG I will be looking around at other makes with a better delivery time. Disheartened ZS user.
I don’t think you’ll find many cars which will be here before the MG ZS will be. It’s a worldwide problem affecting all manufacturers. If you put an order in for a factory build now, you’ll be at the back of the queue and in some instances, you won’t get the car for over a year. Probably better off waiting it out, unless you can find a dealer with physical stock - but you’ll probably be buying over the odds - it’s a sellers market at the moment!

Last edited:
Anyone ordered from Stoneacre?

I firstly ordered ID 4 52KW in Nov with heat pump and told it will build in Sep and might arrive on Nov. I then cancelled cause ID4 seems less efficient on my test drives than MG.

Placed MG order in Mar and told early July. But not so sure though.
Yes, via my leasing company.

They haven’t been particularly forthcoming with updates other than offering the usual excuses with me, whats your experience been like?

I just find it odd, that it seems every country has it's own variants.

But the Trophy in the UK, does it support the app ?

I for one would gladly pay the £500 for the ability to use the app alone.

Also, the OTA update feature is also only available on the high spec car here. Again, probably because of the data connectivity. (Even though that's not really a good reason, because the non-data cars could just be made so they could connect via home wifi to the update server :) )
One other difference is the European variants get up to 11kw AC instead of 7kw AC charging either included or as an option.
UK and Eire don't even get the option of speccing it.

One other difference is the European variants get up to 11kw AC instead of 7kw AC charging either included or as an option.

UK and Eire don't even get the option of speccing it.
Because hardly any houses in the UK have three-phase, hence it is a virtually redundant option. Here in France, almost every house built before the early 2000's has a three-phase supply, ours included. I believe that it is very similar for Germany and many other EU countries.

Best one is grand victory if shanghai lockdown doesn't hold it up due in shanghai and then should arrive in portbury 8th May so would say full of mg with no port stops
Fits with the one communication I have had from my dealer - on 17 March - he said MG said shipment arriving in 8 weeks - that's May 12. Bet my Connect will not be in it.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom