MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Hi, I'm new to this forum.
In December last year I ordered a ZS EV Lr in Silver, I was originally told to expect the delivery late March 2022. All fine I thought so went ahead and installed a home charger. Now been told to expect delivery late June/July . This has caused several issues for me as I now have to settle the balloon payment on my existing car and get it taxed and MOT'd which I wasn't expecting as the dealer had agreed a part exchange deal. Anyway, still looking forward to taking ownership of my new purchase, just hoping it's sooner rather than later.
Thanks for the Forum, there is plenty of information here for all

Yup.

Thing is though, this is not unique to MG, this is the same situation across the whole new car market and is knocking on to the secondhand market too. There's not much secondhand available and what there is available is well overpriced.
Yep, trying to get my 17 year old sons first obligatory cheap banger and they are so expensive!!!!

I ordered a ZS LR Trophy Connect on Dec 1 2021. Order had a delivery estimate of Feb 28. I took this with a pinch of salt, but dared to dream. That date came and went as per many others experience in this forum. The dealer hasn't been great about communication, but when contacted have been honest enough to say they were struggling for definite dates. That was until mid March when they said the car was in the UK, awaiting transport and that we should have it by the end of March. March came and went, got in touch with them and they said they really didn't have a clue when the car would be available. I wrote to MG UK, and got the following reply today. The dealer and MG UK are now telling different stories. Somebody is spinning a line here, either MG or Arnold Clark. Not at all happy.

Thank you for the details and the feedback.

Regarding your vehicle order, we can confirm this order is currently on shortage awaiting factory build and the current delivery ETA is August I’m afraid, please be advised that this ETA is subject to changes as we cannot confirm an exact arrival date until production has been confirmed.

The production challenges have also been compounded by the huge increase in interest for the Brand and therefore created an even larger amount of customer orders.

However, we continue to liaise closely with the teams in China on our orders and are transparent with the network on the information we receive.
Please rest assured that we are doing everything we can in the UK as a Brand to fulfil all our customer orders at the earliest possible opportunity.

Thanks again for taking your time contacting MG Motor, we hope the above information helps.

Kind regards,
MG Call Centre Team

I ordered a ZS LR Trophy Connect on Dec 1 2021. Order had a delivery estimate of Feb 28. I took this with a pinch of salt, but dared to dream. That date came and went as per many others experience in this forum. The dealer hasn't been great about communication, but when contacted have been honest enough to say they were struggling for definite dates. That was until mid March when they said the car was in the UK, awaiting transport and that we should have it by the end of March. March came and went, got in touch with them and they said they really didn't have a clue when the car would be available. I wrote to MG UK, and got the following reply today. The dealer and MG UK are now telling different stories. Somebody is spinning a line here, either MG or Arnold Clark. Not at all happy.

Thank you for the details and the feedback.

Regarding your vehicle order, we can confirm this order is currently on shortage awaiting factory build and the current delivery ETA is August I’m afraid, please be advised that this ETA is subject to changes as we cannot confirm an exact arrival date until production has been confirmed.

The production challenges have also been compounded by the huge increase in interest for the Brand and therefore created an even larger amount of customer orders.

However, we continue to liaise closely with the teams in China on our orders and are transparent with the network on the information we receive.
Please rest assured that we are doing everything we can in the UK as a Brand to fulfil all our customer orders at the earliest possible opportunity.

Thanks again for taking your time contacting MG Motor, we hope the above information helps.

Kind regards,
MG Call Centre Team
Almost exactly the same e-mail I got when I went direct to MG, having got the 10 digit number from the dealer. Only difference was they said July for me (ordered Nov)

Almost exactly the same e-mail I got when I went direct to MG, having got the 10 digit number from the dealer. Only difference was they said July for me (ordered Nov)
A pattern emerging. In the meantime I'll continue to pour £140 a month of petrol into a car with PCP payments higher than the MG was going to be. The other thing that concerns me is that come August, IF the ZS is available the dealer will want to renegotiate the deal.

Hi, I'm new to this forum.
In December last year I ordered a ZS EV Lr in Silver, I was originally told to expect the delivery late March 2022. All fine I thought so went ahead and installed a home charger. Now been told to expect delivery late June/July . This has caused several issues for me as I now have to settle the balloon payment on my existing car and get it taxed and MOT'd which I wasn't expecting as the dealer had agreed a part exchange deal. Anyway, still looking forward to taking ownership of my new purchase, just hoping it's sooner rather than later.
Thanks for the Forum, there is plenty of information here for all
I’m in EXACTLY the same boat. Having to borrow money off parents for the bubble as a lot of equity in the car, with promise they’ll get their money back as soon as we get out car from MG. Thankfully we’re in a situation where we can do this, but those that don’t have that option I feel so sorry. We’re getting married early May and hoped this would all be cleared, but car bubble and wedding was too mich for just the both of us to pay.

I’m in EXACTLY the same boat. Having to borrow money off parents for the bubble as a lot of equity in the car, with promise they’ll get their money back as soon as we get out car from MG. Thankfully we’re in a situation where we can do this, but those that don’t have that option I feel so sorry. We’re getting married early May and hoped this would all be cleared, but car bubble and wedding was too mich for just the both of us to pay.
Similar position - had to get the Jag MOTd which cost over a grand which I wasn't expecting to do. At least now it'll fetch a much better price on the market.

Just had an email from MG UK saying my car hadn't even been built and estimated time of arrival is now July, this is from October 21 think it's time to look for something else

Just had an email from MG UK saying my car hadn't even been built and estimated time of arrival is now July, this is from October 21 think it's time to look for something else
I honestly don’t think they know… based on the order tracker, I’d expect you to be at the front of the queue.

I’ve been warned of an 8m lead time soon after ordering. But appreciate you we’re probably promised much sooner and planned accordingly.

Challenge you’ll have is anything else is a compromise on size / cost / range…

When I bought the car back in mid December (trophy ZS EV in silver) I was told end of March, since then, I’ve been told May (always told could be earlier) but my mates wife who ordered an id5 has been told hers won’t be here till September from March/May/June..I sort of think that’s when I’ll get the ZS (September) as well…I hope not and the trouble is, it’s not like you can just cancel and go off and buy something else as most other new cars have a even longer wait time, some into 2023…as most have said it’s a case of waiting…I hope it’s here before July as I’m off to Spain to play golf and have booked car parking at the airport, I have a private plate, that I’ve taken off the car, I have at the moment, but its booked with that plate, so may have to sort that out if the ZS isn’t here by then…

Just got updated, my silver LR Trophy Connect will be ready for pickup next wednesday.

Minus the trailer hitch, this part was in back order and i am to expect a delivery time of a month, so the first month i have no trailer hitch, which will be just fine.

Only downside is that the place that will fit it, is 100+ miles away...But that's okay, they can charge the car while they fit it, so the trip will only cost half the price :)

Just got updated, my silver LR Trophy Connect will be ready for pickup next wednesday.

Minus the trailer hitch, this part was in back order and i am to expect a delivery time of a month, so the first month i have no trailer hitch, which will be just fine.

Only downside is that the place that will fit it, is 100+ miles away...But that's okay, they can charge the car while they fit it, so the trip will only cost half the price :)
Good shopping around done there :) With regards to the tow is the dealer fitting that? I was told by my dealer they could not order or do this.

You got me all excited for a minute or two, thinking the UK had some ZS EV in silver, till I looked where you were, oh well, enjoy your car..
Sorry, i was not trying to get anybody's hopes up.

I was myself a bit confused when i talked to the dealer a month ago and he said that i could probably get one in a month, if i put down the deposit.

I feel a delivery date of 1 month is very fast, especially in today's car market.

But yeah, i guess the car i get would not be of any use to you, as the steering wheel is in the "wrong" side of the car :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom