MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

hahahahahahHahHahah
has anyone heard anything about the guy who had his car shut down when he was charging it.? having just taken delivery.
That was me, got car back last week. No fault found apart from MG need to do a software update so rapid chargers can be used on this model. So sticking to home charger until update available. Lovely car though and no issues since.

That was me, got car back last week. No fault found apart from MG need to do a software update so rapid chargers can be used on this model. So sticking to home charger until update available. Lovely car though and no issues since.
At risk of being censured again for being off topic. Really please your sorted. Happy days.

I ordered Dec 1st, and MG UK say the same about mine. August estimate for delivery.
That would indicate that the build slots/cars are allocated before they arrive at the port in the UK then?

I was told September by the dealer on Sunday when I placed my order and I signed the order form, so it’s a fresh order. That seems pretty unfeasible if yours hasn’t been built for an order placed over 4 months ago.

Last edited:
I am probably why off the mark here but a bit of me wonders if mg will hold orders back till September so they have a bumper 72 reg on record to try and hit the new car sales chart?

Just been informed by my dealer that my ZS EV LR Trophy now looks like August/September delivery. I ordered in December 2021 and seems delivery keeps getting pushed back.
My brother ordered the same car in Jan and had his pushed back to September as well. He was originally told March/April for delivery by the lease company.

Spoke to the dealer today, my LR Trophy, ordered 6th Jan, originally due April, pushed to July last month is still saying July. Dealer also said around 7000 MG's due in the next 6 or so weeks. These are apparently allocated to dealers when they arrive in Bristol.

Gents, my Nov ordered car is now August after a March and then a June delay, but that probably will be delayed as well.

Dealer said the date on their system keeps changing forward everyday. Same experience by many here. At least they offered to cancel and refund. Which I won't do as that will be a 3,000 increase, before any dealer's discounts.

I think dealers are equally frustrated, as cars not delivered mean money not in the bank, but their hands are tied. I wonder after this how many are willing to rep for MG, and how many will go bankrupt.

This thread may have been pruned a little.
I used to read every post of this thread, then got behind. I think I deleted some redundant posts from several days ago. That would reduce the total post count, which may have tipped it under the 101 pages briefly.

My dealer advised unless a build slot is allocated anticipated delivery is four months from enquiry.
So if they are checking every fortnight for you and there is no build slot it's the last enquiry date plus four months.
It would explain the constantly moving goal post for some buyers.

Gents, my Nov ordered car is now August after a March and then a June delay, but that probably will be delayed as well.

Dealer said the date on their system keeps changing forward everyday. Same experience by many here. At least they offered to cancel and refund. Which I won't do as that will be a 3,000 increase, before any dealer's discounts.

I think dealers are equally frustrated, as cars not delivered mean money not in the bank, but their hands are tied. I wonder after this how many are willing to rep for MG, and how many will go bankrupt.
I’d hope they see it as a temporary cash-flow challenge. Overall it’s a growing brand that is seeing material upticks in demand quarter on quarter. Yes, delays, but still better than others in the main.

Spoke to the dealer today, my LR Trophy, ordered 6th Jan, originally due April, pushed to July last month is still saying July. Dealer also said around 7000 MG's due in the next 6 or so weeks. These are apparently allocated to dealers when they arrive in Bristol.
Hopeful this is true. It appears the last batch of deliveries had mainly ZS SRs and 5s, so hoping it’s the turn of ZS LRs this time around.

Yes, via my leasing company.

They haven’t been particularly forthcoming with updates other than offering the usual excuses with me, whats your experience been like?
I didn't bother asking them cause its only under a month. Before I placed order a few dealers said big shipment in Apr/May and told me about July as hand over date. But I asked Stoneacre as new customer and they stated 4-6 months waiting time. But my order is through Zenith as salary sacrifice may be they ordered in advance cause sometime Zenith has in stock for pre order car for my company.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom