MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Vanarama text today:

Good Morning

I hope you are well

Following my call, I just wanted to keep you updated with your order for the MG ZS which is currently showing an estimated date of the 1st September. This is subject to change.

Once the vehicle arrives into stock the dealer will book an actual delivery date directly with you.

We will keep you up dated with the progress of your vehicle but if you have any questions in the meantime please don't hesitate to ask.

Have a great day

Kind Regards,

Hi Everyone,
Just ordered my ZS EV yesterday, been quoted a 3 to 5 month wait, which if true seems to be a 'fairly quick' turnaround at the moment, some other makes that I looked at were quoting 9 to 12 months.. I'm not in a rush, but after my test drive yesterday I hope it does turn up in the 3 - 5 month range, as it was a great experience, and can't wait to get behind the wheel! :)

Welcome! You may be lucky as you're ordering now they may have stared to sort some of the issues delaying delivery. Plenty of people here still waiting from last year.

If you're not fussed on colour etc. it's probably worth letting your dealer know in case they get a cancellation or stock vehicle turn up then you may get it quicker.

Welcome! You may be lucky as you're ordering now they may have stared to sort some of the issues delaying delivery. Plenty of people here still waiting from last year.

If you're not fussed on colour etc. it's probably worth letting your dealer know in case they get a cancellation or stock vehicle turn up then you may get it quicker.
Thanks for the tip ozzie, but I'm happy to wait till they have the car I want, but if I was in a hurry to get it i'd be hunting round every dealer I could.

Vanarama text today:

Good Morning

I hope you are well

Following my call, I just wanted to keep you updated with your order for the MG ZS which is currently showing an estimated date of the 1st September. This is subject to change.

Once the vehicle arrives into stock the dealer will book an actual delivery date directly with you.

We will keep you up dated with the progress of your vehicle but if you have any questions in the meantime please don't hesitate to ask.

Have a great day

Kind Regards,
Quite a few of us got the same response by phone / email. I believe they’ve now quoted Sep to all outstanding orders.

To be fair, they were helpful and looked at alternatives and were honest about what was available sooner (Model 3 / e2008).

Positive thoughts from Youtube‘s Electric Viking. Just heard that SAIC have been given favourable status by Chinese Govt. SAIC have not gone into full lockdown in Shanghai so production is continuing.
Saic produces its ev cars, I believe, in Ningde, this is also where its battery plant is. Ningde has not been placed in lockdown from my information.
But there again I could be wrong ! it did happen once 😆

I need to know.. Why are you getting rid of a perfectly lovely Model S for an MG5?
Simple answer it warranty is about to end on the Tesla. Since battery replacement cost is estimated at around £17k I'd rather not take the risk even though it's probably going to be perfectly ok for another 5 years. And funny enough I really liked the MG5 much more than I'd expected when I test drove it. Many of the controls are similar to the Tesla's like the autopilot being activated on the stalk. The MG5 is a third lighter than the Tesla and 10% smaller which I like because I always found the Tesla to be heavy and too big for UK roads like many US cars. As far as spec is concerned believe it or not the LR Exclusive is not that far of the Tesla's so there is not much I will miss when the transition actually happens.

My dealer was told by MG any cars ordered without a customers name and details must be removed by April 1st or face penalty's, he said he had ordered 20 evs on the first day order book opened under one name for stock, not sure if true 🤷‍♂️
Is that still Bushey Heath? Do you receive regular shipping/status updates, or you have to chase yourself?

'Drive Green Highway' has left Barcelona and next stop is Bristol.
'Neptune Ace' is just off Malta and heading for Barcelona.
'Iguazu Highway' is chugging up the Suez canal heading for a stop in Turkey
How do you know what is on the ship?, I thought all the ships that MG use have the word Phoenix in them ?

How do you know what is on the ship?, I thought all the ships that MG use have the word Phoenix in them ?
Anji Logistics Co Ltd, an affiliate of SAIC Motors is having ships built but given that Saic Official data show that it sold 697,000 vehicles in its overseas markets in 2021, a year-on-year increase of 78.9 percent, ranking first among domestic carmakers for six consecutive years.they use other logistic vehicle transportation companies ships.

From India. Waiting for them to actually start delivering. Ordered Dec 2021.

However in India, the cars are being assembled at a local plant. We are just importing the components. So the timelines will be different as compared to the UK.
I'm intrigued that local assembly is an option these days, but I guess it relieves the pressure from the main MG factories. Is the Indian assembly largely automated do you know?

Last edited:
Simple answer it warranty is about to end on the Tesla. Since battery replacement cost is estimated at around £17k I'd rather not take the risk even though it's probably going to be perfectly ok for another 5 years. And funny enough I really liked the MG5 much more than I'd expected when I test drove it. Many of the controls are similar to the Tesla's like the autopilot being activated on the stalk. The MG5 is a third lighter than the Tesla and 10% smaller which I like because I always found the Tesla to be heavy and too big for UK roads like many US cars. As far as spec is concerned believe it or not the LR Exclusive is not that far of the Tesla's so there is not much I will miss when the transition actually happens.
This is exactly the sort of review that you don't tend to see when you do X Car Vs X Car lol

But it is exactly what I wanted to see.

To know that the MG5 (minus the headlights) can almost directly compete with a vehicle that is literally double (and then some in some instances) in price is just a real testament for what MG have put into these cars.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom