MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

So I spoke to my dealer this morning for an update.

Estimated delivery date is now end of July (was June and originally March) so that has slipped another month, however, others on the system are showing August, so I must be higher up the leaderboard than others.

I too am suffering the one car household at the moment because I sold my car to webuyanycar in March in prep for delivery. Also got a stonking deal of £1500 more than I paid for it, and a week later the price I got for it dropped by £3500! so I definitely sold at the right time.

I am still hoping with crossed everything that a transporter just randomly turns up at my dealership with my car on it as MG seem to be about as good at communicating as an MP caught doing something wrong :ROFLMAO:

When I asked is the silver one mine, I was told my car wasn't even on a ship when I said there were about 3 ship in dock or on way..can't see that it'll be here by May..

When I asked is the silver one mine, I was told my car wasn't even on a ship when I said there were about 3 ship in dock or on way..can't see that it'll be here by May..
The funny thing is that a lot of dealers seem to be getting told different levels of information... for example I heard of one dealership got got 3 milestone updates... Build, load on boat and arrival in UK... my dealership however, they just get told when it arrives at portbury dock... MG have some serious lessons to learn about communicating here.

The funny thing is that a lot of dealers seem to be getting told different levels of information... for example I heard of one dealership got got 3 milestone updates... Build, load on boat and arrival in UK... my dealership however, they just get told when it arrives at portbury dock... MG have some serious lessons to learn about communicating here.
I got told that I would get the above three updates. However, we shall see if that materialises or whether it’s just a surprise here’s the car you ordered.

I got told that I would get the above three updates. However, we shall see if that materialises or whether it’s just a surprise here’s the car you ordered.
After waiting since November, part of me wants it to just be a surprise now... because if I get a phone call in June from my dealer saying MG have informed us they have just started to assemble your car I think I might kill somone :ROFLMAO:

Sent few emails to Chorley for an update on my car which I ordered in Nov 21 but didn’t get any reply. So I went on the Chorley group website, did a web chat. Didn’t say I placed my order already, I asked the web chat person what is the wait time on the EV LR? She said looking like end of June 22. Than I said I ordered in Nov 21 so when I might have my car? She said she will check and get back to me today. Hoping to get a call today and will update you all here after the call.

Sent few emails to Chorley for an update on my car which I ordered in Nov 21 but didn’t get any reply. So I went on the Chorley group website, did a web chat. Didn’t say I placed my order already, I asked the web chat person what is the wait time on the EV LR? She said looking like end of June 22. Than I said I ordered in Nov 21 so when I might have my car? She said she will check and get back to me today. Hoping to get a call today and will update you all here after the call.
I have heard so many bad things about the Chorley dealerships, though they aren't the only one, lots of dealers were advertising on AutoTrader saying they had ZS EVs in stock ready to take away, then reading their small print it stated it was a factory order. very naughty indeed. I do wholly recommend phoning your dealership up though instead of emailing... I bet they are getting inundated with request for update emails.

I have heard so many bad things about the Chorley dealerships, though they aren't the only one, lots of dealers were advertising on AutoTrader saying they had ZS EVs in stock ready to take away, then reading their small print it stated it was a factory order. very naughty indeed. I do wholly recommend phoning your dealership up though instead of emailing... I bet they are getting inundated with request for update emails.
Yeah that’s true I think it should make MG learn to communicate with the dealers and the customers. Nissan always keep in touch. We just all ordered at the wrong time I think.

I’m not trusting any of the updates. Instead I’m waiting to see if the current ships fulfil the November orders by end of May. If so, my Jan order might have a chance by the quoted Sep. If we’re in Aug and the Nov-Dec orders are pending… I suspect I might cancel.

I’m not trusting any of the updates. Instead I’m waiting to see if the current ships fulfil the November orders by end of May. If so, my Jan order might have a chance by the quoted Sep. If we’re in Aug and the Nov-Dec orders are pending… I suspect I might cancel.
My November order is quoted end of July from my dealer... so I am not holding my breath for a May delivery at all.

Just hard back from my dealer.

Morning
A further update with regard to your car on order with us.
We are still experiencing setbacks from MG re the Delivery of new cars, due to shortage of parts and rising fuel costs affecting Delivery to us.
Just to let you know your car is still on order but has now been put back to July.
Be assured your new MG is price protected, but we also understand if this new time frame does not fit in with your plans.
This, unfortunately is totally out of our control.
I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.’

Don’t see much point emailing or calling before July now! Just have to wait 😞

Just hard back from my dealer.

Morning
A further update with regard to your car on order with us.
We are still experiencing setbacks from MG re the Delivery of new cars, due to shortage of parts and rising fuel costs affecting Delivery to us.
Just to let you know your car is still on order but has now been put back to July.
Be assured your new MG is price protected, but we also understand if this new time frame does not fit in with your plans.
This, unfortunately is totally out of our control.
I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.’

Don’t see much point emailing or calling before July now! Just have to wait 😞
We seem to be in the exact same situation, same order date, same "expected" delivery date... welcome to the Nov-Jul club my friend :)

After waiting since November, part of me wants it to just be a surprise now... because if I get a phone call in June from my dealer saying MG have informed us they have just started to assemble your car I think I might kill somone :ROFLMAO:
I don’t blame you. I only ordered the car a few weeks back and I’m already impatient. I can’t imagine what I would do if I’d been waiting 7 months to be told it’s just being built.

Sales tactics at its finest. Hasn’t one of sales people for the Chorley group already confirmed that if you order in April it’s potentially August/September for delivery if not after?

I don’t blame you. I only ordered the car a few weeks back and I’m already impatient. I can’t imagine what I would do if I’d been waiting 7 months to be told it’s just being built.

Sales tactics at its finest. Hasn’t one of sales people for the Chorley group already confirmed that if you order in April it’s potentially August/September for delivery if not after?
I would be very surprised if an April order results in a 2022 delivery.

I would be very surprised if an April order results in a 2022 delivery.
I was told September when I ordered, but I already guessed it wouldn’t be until the end of the year or start of next after reading the posts and delays others have had. If it turns up before then it will be a happy surprise.

My brother ordered the exact same car 3 months before I did. He said if mine arrived first I’d have to give it to him. 😂

I was told September when I ordered, but I already guessed it wouldn’t be until the end of the year or start of next after reading the posts and delays others have had. If it turns up before then it will be a happy surprise.

My brother ordered the exact same car 3 months before I did. He said if mine arrived first I’d have to give it to him. 😂
Yeah there are people that have ordered in December/January that are being quoted September

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom