MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

so does anyone know, why it’s docked in Japan and Turkey? It doesn’t make a lot of sense to load a ship full and then unload at Japan and Turkey and the sale half empty to the UK? Japan it could have loaded more cars, but what about Turkey?..
Most of them have a few stops en route. This one actually stopped in Jordan before going to Turkey and after Turkey it went to Greece before coming here.

Iguazu Highway started off in Japan before calling at Shanghai, etc...

1650462969784.png

I've had a phone call from my MG dealer who said my ZS EV LR will be with them on the 29th May.
Looking back through, the only vehicle carriers I can see leaving Shanghai roughly are:

Sea Patris
Pleiades Spirit
Sunshine Ace
Morning Menad

Any clues/hints/ideas which one I should (or shouldn't) be keeping an eye on? Not sure I believe it's on the way!

I've had a phone call from my MG dealer who said my ZS EV LR will be with them on the 29th May.
Looking back through, the only vehicle carriers I can see leaving Shanghai roughly are:

Sea Patris
Pleiades Spirit
Sunshine Ace
Morning Menad

Any clues/hints/ideas which one I should (or shouldn't) be keeping an eye on? Not sure I believe it's on the way!
Sunshine Ace bought a boat load (pun intended) of MG's into Portbury a few weeks back (edit: 27th February) so should be a good contender. :)

Last edited:

Sea Patris
Pleiades Spirit
Sunshine Ace
Morning Menad

Maybe this may narrow down the contenders...could well be the same batch:
Well it is good news for me, the dealer has called and my trophy LR ordered 4th April was on the docks with its passport and embarkation card last Monday 11/4, it is now on the boat and underway, the dealer expects it to arrive with him 29th May all being well. It is really nice when the dealer calls with updates before I even think of chasing.

Be nice when I can finally fill in the 'Order Fulfilled' date on some of those cars on the tracking spreadsheet! 13.38% fulfilled is just pants :(
I know we forum members are only a cross section of customers, but the delivery rate is really poor. Even if mine isn't in this lot, it'd at least give me the feeling of being that bit closer if more orders were being fulfilled.

Sea Patris
Pleiades Spirit
Sunshine Ace
Morning Menad

None of those are listed as coming to Portbury. Grand Victory might be worth keeping an eye on though, due in on 9th May

Sea Patris
Pleiades Spirit
Sunshine Ace
Morning Menad

When did you order and from which dealer?

Sorry but I can't get my head around this, I'm sure most of the orders placed Nov-Dec last year would have been Dealer stock orders assigned to individual customers as mine was. Since most dealers seam to have the same story that they "know nothing" how does this dealer access this info.
If this was an unassigned vehicle why would this have priority over customers order.
For your sake I hope it all works out for you and I hope others leave comments if and when they receive their cars, more amo for the rest of us with our dealers.
The car assigned to Gus could have been the subject of a cancellation from someone higher up the queue.
The cancelled vehicle is now heading towards UK complete with it's original 10 digit assignment number. The dealer now has to match this assignment number to a different sales order.
Either, the dealer can match it with the order placed by "Number 1" in the queue in which case Number 1's original assignment number has to be matched against the order placed by "Number 2" and "Number 2" 's order with Number 3 and so on down the whole length of the queue.
Or, the dealer can match the assignment number of the cancelled vehicle to the first lucky person who walks in off the street, in this case Gus.
The first method is fair and logical, but will cause an administrative nightmare, the second keeps life simple and may well be the choice of some dealers. After all the people higher up the queue are no worse off than they would have been if the original vehicle had not been cancelled.
As I am still waiting for my vehicle ordered in December I am no advocate of the "Simple" method but I suspect that this is what may be happening.

The car assigned to Gus could have been the subject of a cancellation from someone higher up the queue.
The cancelled vehicle is now heading towards UK complete with it's original 10 digit assignment number. The dealer now has to match this assignment number to a different sales order.
Either, the dealer can match it with the order placed by "Number 1" in the queue in which case Number 1's original assignment number has to be matched against the order placed by "Number 2" and "Number 2" 's order with Number 3 and so on down the whole length of the queue.
Or, the dealer can match the assignment number of the cancelled vehicle to the first lucky person who walks in off the street, in this case Gus.
The first method is fair and logical, but will cause an administrative nightmare, the second keeps life simple and may well be the choice of some dealers. After all the people higher up the queue are no worse off than they would have been if the original vehicle had not been cancelled.
As I am still waiting for my vehicle ordered in December I am no advocate of the "Simple" method but I suspect that this is what may be happening.
Anything for a simple/easy life..

Last edited:
Me too. Thought I might have gone to Motorway if car had arrived in March, but now, part ex is looking good.
Just sold my ZE50 to avoid the excess mileage if I'd handed it straight back to Renault.
My experience was that carwow, motorway and bestcarbuyer offered the best figures.
Should really have waited a few days though. Bank holiday not the best time to put it on them as a slightly better offer came through after I'd agreed to sell.

Sold mine over a month ago, through motorway and the price was dropping rapidly, glad I did in terms of money (got £2.5k more than I paid for it), but logistical nightmare since we are now a 1 car household, but need to drive separately! Back to shipping, spoke with Tusker today who have said that the dealer (perrys) have updated them on 17th April, and maintained that delivery is still aiming for mid May. Ordered in January. I am not expecting it, but it's amusing to watch the debacle (not).

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom