MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Well it is good news for me, the dealer has called and my trophy LR ordered 4th April was on the docks with its passport and embarkation card last Monday 11/4, it is now on the boat and underway, the dealer expects it to arrive with him 29th May all being well. It is really nice when the dealer calls with updates before I even think of chasing.
Sorry but I can't get my head around this, I'm sure most of the orders placed Nov-Dec last year would have been Dealer stock orders assigned to individual customers as mine was. Since most dealers seam to have the same story that they "know nothing" how does this dealer access this info.
If this was an unassigned vehicle why would this have priority over customers order.
For your sake I hope it all works out for you and I hope others leave comments if and when they receive their cars, more amo for the rest of us with our dealers.

Ordering a bunch of cars in anticipation of sales and then allocating those vehicles to customers as/when sold at a later point is not something new or unique to MG. I'll concede that they could definitely find a better way to allocate their cars within the dealership, & take customer order date into account if they don't already.

And it's not all dealers that know nothing...we've seen that from the outset. I wouldn't be surprised if many of the lease companies wrote cheques their behinds couldn't cash, so it'll be interesting to see when those orders deliver.

I know there's good intent, but sometimes sharing information just brings an element of sour grapes.

Another slow-boat from Shanghai, the Iguazu Highway is due in to Portbury this morning. Currently just off Barry Island.
Isn’t this the one lots of people have their hopes pinned on??! If so - exciting times! Someone get down to portbury! Or is there a webcam I can watch all day! 😂😂😂

Take a photo next time wanna see how massive the ship is 😂
It was like a big red and white brick moving up the channel. Three tugs are coming alongside now to guide it into the dock.

Good luck everyone. I hope you get a call from your dealer soon. :)

If your vechicle is not on the iguazu highway then your next vessel is the grand victory at present heading to Egypt through the suez canal out of range by AIS but due to arrive in portbury on the 9th May its voyage will take approx 30 day from shanghai. I know it went to Singapore but was only there to be bunkered . So would put your money on this 1 being a big delivery of mg 🤔

Good news ...I just heard that the CCP has ordered that 660 factories in the Shanghai area can start operations again which I assume includes SAIC where the MG is made.....the not so good news is that the factory workers have to sleep on the factory floor and not leave the factory...god knows what state these cars are going to turn up in, sleepy workers are going to miss stuff.

If you look on Google earth you can see a sister ship unloading, and the size of the port. With thousands of cars unloaded. But the image date is unknown.
1650444217780.png

Last edited:
Good news ...I just heard that the CCP has ordered that 660 factories in the Shanghai area can start operations again which I assume includes SAIC where the MG is made.....the not so good news is that the factory workers have to sleep on the factory floor and not leave the factory...god knows what state these cars are going to turn up in, sleepy workers are going to miss stuff.
I am sure mg's are not made in Shanghai that's just the port that is used?

The Iguazu Highway is just being berthed now. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for people to get the phone call. If you get a call, let us know the date and time as it will be a guide for when other ships come in.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom