MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Was this for LR or SR? I know Frank Keane seem to have 1 or 2 ads on carzone for Standard Range but no long range. The rest of the MG dealers in Ireland seem to have all pulled their ads for LR for the last few weeks. Im trying to track as many Vehicle Carries as I can on AIS Ship Tracker. The issue is that Ireland does not get direct car transports from China. I think (but dont quote me on this) that they come from Shanghai to UK and then Belgium (Zeebrugee) or Shanghai to Zeebrugee directly. The cars are then unloaded for Europe, including Ireland so have to be reloaded onto another transport from Zeebrugee back to Ireland, the reason for this is Brexit so they dont have to pay an additional tax. Next car transport due in from Zeebrugee is today (Malacca Highway) but there is no way to know if its got MG's on it or not unless you track back to what was in port with this ship while it was docked in Zeebrugge! Just have to keep fingers and toes crossed. I'd really just like to start seeing them on the roads here, I havent seen a single one on the roads since I ordered in January. It would just give me hope that mine is on its way if i saw them out in the wild!

The original post was talking about the ZS but the message about the Frank Keane comment just said ZS.

The original post was talking about the ZS but the message about the Frank Keane comment just said ZS.

I received an email from MG UK not long ago unfortunately it's not about an MG 5 it was about my ZS I had ordered in October and it said that my car had not even been built so it's anybody's guess as to what and when a car turns up

Ordered from the LR Trophy in Red from Chorley in Burnley on February 7th and was told May.
Just after ordering I was told June. I was told that again in March.
A couple of weeks ago I got an email saying August now.
I ordered in October from Chorley Burnley LR connect they’re saying August for me ????

On the classified ads section Miles has said this morning that lead times for an April order are August/September 2022. This seems to be looking more positive if it holds true.

I received an email from MG UK not long ago unfortunately it's not about an MG 5 it was about my ZS I had ordered in October and it said that my car had not even been built so it's anybody's guess as to what and when a car turns up
Hello
How did you contact MG UK? If via email what email address did you use?
Many thanks

So l will be getting my car tomorrow then for a October order
When you ordered in October though, were the books officially open? I thought it was from 1st November that dealers could place requests for the facelift on the central ordering system, so production time is counted from then.

On the classified ads section Miles has said this morning that lead times for an April order are August/September 2022. This seems to be looking more positive if it holds true.
A 6 month wait seems reasonable. Based on that timing then, the question then is are people with 1st November orders going to see their cars materialise by May? :unsure:

When you ordered in October though, were the books officially open? I thought it was from 1st November that dealers could place requests for the facelift on the central ordering system, so production time is counted from then.

A 6 month wait seems reasonable. Based on that timing then, the question then is are people with 1st November orders going to see their cars materialise by May? :unsure:
Mybe you are correct but the deposit was taken on 19 October

News from dealer this morning. More cars have arrived or arriving and deliveries should happen before end of April 2022 or around that time. Fingers crossed for all those who have been waiting since last year or early this year. Keep us posted if you get a call with info on when you ordered, so the rest of us have a fair idea when we might get the call. Thank you.

News from dealer this morning. More cars have arrived or arriving and deliveries should happen before end of April 2022 or around that time. Fingers crossed for all those who have been waiting since last year or early this year. Keep us posted if you get a call with info on when you ordered, so the rest of us have a fair idea when we might get the call. Thank you.
Well on my order form it says 02-05-2022 as the delivery date so we will see 😊. Not getting my hopes up though.

Mybe you are correct but the deposit was taken on 19 October
I think a good number of people did the same to get their names allocated first, but in terms of system order it'd be November onward, so that'd probably be where the clock officially started ticking. It helps to know that for others like me trying to figure what the lead actually time is (y)
So of the ships that have been guessed at lately, at least one brought MG's of some kind (whether or not they were EVs) that are still being distributed to customers as at current date:

Splendid Ace - docked 30th March '22

Any others??

Just had a call from my dealer and he informed me that the sales manager had a call from MG and the delay on delivery is being caused by a shortage of nickel to make the LR battery, ordered beginning of November 2021 now being told expected end of September as no build date for the car as of yet, but realistically November. Oh well back to the C-max and dino fuel for the foreseeable.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom