MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Just had an update on my order from JustEV's.

"Having spoken to MG UK there are still delays regarding getting the cars into the UK due to a number of factors, very frustrating for all parties. Bottom line there is talk your car will be coming into the UK the end of July. Not what you are expecting to hear so my apologies, as soon as I know more you will be the first to know. Hopefully this will be sooner.

What I aim to do from here is to give you updates as and when I hear them so I will contact you after my next chat with MG which will be in 3 weeks."

Just had a call from my dealer and he informed me that the sales manager had a call from MG and the delay on delivery is being caused by a shortage of nickel to make the LR battery, ordered beginning of November 2021 now being told expected end of September as no build date for the car as of yet, but realistically November. Oh well back to the C-max and dino fuel for the foreseeable.
It does seem like nobody really knows and MG are making up excuses. They’re saying it’s because of the Nickel for the LR model and now someone else has said it’s due to a number of factors. I ordered the SR so would that mean people who ordered the SR are getting there cars? Nobody knows not even MG they need to move back to the UK somewhere where there ain’t no war going on and don’t release viruses that cause a pandemic. I wonder if people can get there £500 deposit back if they don’t hear anything I believe you have the right to cancel and get the deposit back if the delivery date has gone past.

I think there are similar situations with nearly all makes of new car's unfortunately. A mate of mine recently cancelled his Kia EV6 order and bought a nearly new Tesla model 3 instead!
I'm feeling rather smug that I bought an ex-demo MG 5 LR from a main dealer just before Xmas; saved me 5 grand on the price too compared to a new one.

Cheers Dave

Had to pop over to my mums this afternoon (a run along the M6) and of course I looked out for any car transporters, I got a bit excited when I saw a transporter with new cars on it, looked like MGs, but turned out to be new VWs, anyone else think the back of the VW looks a lot like the back of the LR ZS? Just me then..🤔

Hi is anyone part exchanging their car and if so has the salesman said the car might devalue by the time you get your new 1.👍
I have. I got a price lock but that said I have to keep the car in the same condition. Sod’s law someone will scratch it before I get my car lol

Well it is good news for me, the dealer has called and my trophy LR ordered 4th April was on the docks with its passport and embarkation card last Monday 11/4, it is now on the boat and underway, the dealer expects it to arrive with him 29th May all being well. It is really nice when the dealer calls with updates before I even think of chasing.

Hi is anyone part exchanging their car and if so has the salesman said the car might devalue by the time you get your new 1.👍
I got a valuation in early Feb for a part exchange and was told the offer at that time would be honoured even if the px value is lower when my car arrives. He did add that they wouldn’t up the offer though (simply said if the value was higher to just sell it elsewhere).

I
Well it is good news for me, the dealer has called and my trophy LR ordered 4th April was on the docks with its passport and embarkation card last Monday 11/4, it is now on the boat and underway, the dealer expects it to arrive with him 29th May all being well. It is really nice when the dealer calls with updates before I even think of chasing.
standard question as everyone will want to know…and I’m going to get there first - who is this awesome dealer who keeps in touch, and what colour? :)

Congrats to you if true. Hard luck for us folks where MG don’t respect a queuing system!

That’s good for you I feel sorry for the people who ordered there car before you and aren’t being honoured with the same level of respect. It would be courteous of MG to have an order line queue. Props to your dealer though. Congrats and hopefully the people who read your post will have there cars on the same ship.

I

standard question as everyone will want to know…and I’m going to get there first - who is this awesome dealer who keeps in touch, and what colour? :)
first of all let me be honest I need to buy lottery tickets…. This was a dealer order that was submitted 2nd November for stock cars and it appears no one in my area wanted the lipstick red one they had ordered.

first of all let me be honest I need to buy lottery tickets…. This was a dealer order that was submitted 2nd November for stock cars and it appears no one in my area wanted the lipstick red one they had ordered.
This is what people maybe miss - what seems to make the most difference is when the dealer submitted to MG. There'll be some who put deposits down on cars in Jan/Feb ect that were actually ordered well before then, but you'll not hear a complaint if it works in their favour.

You were smart in going for one they already had on the go, and I say good luck to you! Nothing wrong with being flexible and savvy 😁

Which dealer? Lol! I’ve told my dealer I’ll take any colour they have in! Hahaha! Admittedly we’ve ordered a black, but if a silver or red comes in I’ll take it!

My dealer (Cinderford) told me when I ordered, he had everything available colourwise as they were all existing dealer orders and we would just get assigned one of those! Hopefully ours is on the way!

Which dealer? Lol! I’ve told my dealer I’ll take any colour they have in! Hahaha! Admittedly we’ve ordered a black, but if a silver or red comes in I’ll take it!

My dealer (Cinderford) told me when I ordered, he had everything available colourwise as they were all existing dealer orders and we would just get assigned one of those! Hopefully ours is on the way!
Waylands MG, so far they have been fantastic, they even said before I ordered (April) that if I wanted the Connect version I would be lucky to see it this year as it would be a new factory order.

Ordered mine from Cinderford too. Did you order the LR?

Hi,
Ordered my ZS LR last month and the trade in value for my Jag was £9.25K but they gave me a guaranteed trade in of £9K whenever the car arrived.

Rob

Just had a call from my dealer and it’s been pushed back from between May-July to July-august
I really feel for the guys on here who still don't have their cars yet - I've been lucky in that I had to wait just 4 months to get my 5LR but to me it seemed eternity !
I think between the semiconductor shortage and the Covid lockdown scenario in China, its not just MG that has a production/delivery problem :-(

Waylands MG, so far they have been fantastic, they even said before I ordered (April) that if I wanted the Connect version I would be lucky to see it this year as it would be a new factory order.
Be sure to ask them for your 10 digit number from the central ordering system, if you don't have it. It'll come in handy if you're trying to track your car at some point.

I also took mine down to ensure nobody plays silly beggars with where I am in the queue.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom