MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

They can choose to ignore your email/phone call. They cannot ignore a call from the bank.
I was thinking more of doing it face to face, what I didn’t ask/say is…did he have a delivery date and had it past, if so it’s really MG that’s broken the contract…can’t see how they can then turn around and charge an admin fee..maybe it’s just me, but there’s no way on earth, I’d pay £150 admin costs…head office would be my first call after the dealership..

I wounder if you would get more back transfering you order to someone else that don't want to wait a year but then again your car could still be over a year away🤔

ZS will be my first and probably last MG. Only reason I haven't canceled yet is the 2,500 grant and some discount I was offered back in December.

ZS will be my first and probably last MG. Only reason I haven't canceled yet is the 2,500 grant and some discount I was offered back in December.
Unfortunately I think that with very very few exceptions, everyone is in the same boat with regards to brand new EVs, admittedly I’d say the communication is a little bad & could be better - but I think due to the current situation - no matter what manufacturer you’d chosen, you’d be in the same boat…

It’s not just cars either, supply chain issues are ridiculous everywhere - I wanted a rattan garden furniture set during 2020 lockdowns from IKEA, it’s only this week my local Ikea has got minimal stock…😱😱😱

I'm thinking of advertising brand new MG Trophys for £10,000. I don't actually have any but I'll take your £99 deposits and give you a shout when I get some...... oh wait a minute 🤔😂😂
Any chance of becoming a Dealer for you?
I have access to loads of bull shit.

Last edited:
Right guys and girls I’m cancelling btw they do take £150 off the £500 deposit for admin. I said what admin has been done and they said it’s just for admin no explanation and the car isn’t even been built yet. Utter disgrace. Good luck though to whom stays for the long wait

Deposits are a legal grey area, but unlike Tesla, who specifically term their £100 deposit a “Order admin fee”, you should ultimately be able to argue that the dealer is unable to fulfill the contract within a reasonable time.
I was fully prepared to fight for mine (£500) to be returned, in full, when I had finally had enough and effectively told the dealer to shove it.
They did refund in full , but only after having chased, because none of the the emails I sent were even acknowledged, let alone acted upon/replied to.

The whole MG experience to date has put me off the brand completely, and permanently.

So yes, good luck to those who wait - and I mean that sincerely, rather than sarcastically.

Not quite sure why people are getting uptight and cancelling their MG orders. Every manufacturer is in the same situation. Ford, kia, merc, hyundai, Vw, Toyota, tesla, etc all their cars are at least 36 weeks for delivery and ford have just pushed back to 2023.

Not quite sure why people are getting uptight and cancelling their MG orders. Every manufacturer is in the same situation. Ford, kia, merc, hyundai, Vw, Toyota, tesla, etc all their cars are at least 36 weeks for delivery and ford have just pushed back to 2023.
My issue, is not the fact that there seems to be a global shortage of semiconductor chips etc, it's the way MG UK and the dealership's have treated customers like mushrooms throughout,well my dealership anyway.
It also speaks volumes for MGs customer services that we are all on this forum trying to get information and some sort of clarity and hope that MG dealership's dont

Unfortunately I think that with very very few exceptions, everyone is in the same boat with regards to brand new EVs, admittedly I’d say the communication is a little bad & could be better - but I think due to the current situation - no matter what manufacturer you’d chosen, you’d be in the same boat…

It’s not just cars either, supply chain issues are ridiculous everywhere - I wanted a rattan garden furniture set during 2020 lockdowns from IKEA, it’s only this week my local Ikea has got minimal stock…😱😱😱
My colleague ordered an Audi Q4 e-tron in Sep-21. Multiple delays and now Apr-23 ETA. Better comms than MG, delays seem worse, she’s no less frustrated than any of us.

My dealer (Luscombes Leeds) sent out a blanket email at the beginning of March stating their frustration with the situation and an apology for not having more concrete delivery information. They will send out further updates when they have any wider information to share.

They also said that they would contact customers on an individual basis when they had more concrete information on delivery and when there is a material change in their order status.

At least they are being honest about the situation.

Luckily, I got a call a couple of days ago saying my ZS LR will be available to pick up end of this month/ beginning of May. No definite date but will let me know the date when they can.

Happy days !!

My dealer (Luscombes Leeds) sent out a blanket email at the beginning of March stating their frustration with the situation and an apology for not having more concrete delivery information. They will send out further updates when they have any wider information to share.

They also said that they would contact customers on an individual basis when they had more concrete information on delivery and when there is a material change in their order status.

Luckily, I got a call a couple of days ago saying my ZS LR will be available to pick up end of this month/ beginning of May. No definite date but will let me know the date when they can.

Happy days !!
Amazing news, when was the order?

It's not just about the duration of the wait...that's an industry wide issue. Customer service matters to people. I've never settled for being treated like rubbish for the sake of clinging to a few £'s. So when you also add on the after-sales service experienced by some, I can completely understand why others have had their doubts and decided to cancel 🤷‍♂️

I'll hang tight for the moment as I anticipated some delay, but MG need to do better. It's ridiculous that they won't communicate how far behind they are currently, or that dealers sometimes don't know what they're getting until it turns up.

Happy days !!
They're still advertising them as In Stock on Autotrader though!
I had a look to see if anyone actually had any as I could possibly transfer my Motability order to another dealer - really need the higher seats and a hoist now.

It's not just about the duration of the wait...that's an industry wide issue. Customer service matters to people. I've never settled for being treated like rubbish for the sake of clinging to a few £'s. So when you also add on the after-sales service experienced by some, I can completely understand why others have had their doubts and decided to cancel 🤷‍♂️

I'll hang tight for the moment as I anticipated some delay, but MG need to do better. It's ridiculous that they won't communicate how far behind they are currently, or that dealers sometimes don't know what they're getting until it turns up.
Totally agree, it also seems that when you contact MG UK like I did you seem to get a standard reply of you car is on hold back and has not been built irrespective of date you ordered.
Also how about this for a conspiracy theory, I ordered my car in October when it was at 0% APR and I got a good PX price and everything was Rosey in the Garden, orders flood in and then excuses start so MG create a shortage to fuel the demand, then you get more emails pushing back your car and saying you can cancel if this is not working for you.
So you and others cancel leaving the dealer's with glut of cars when they show, they then put whatever APR and price they like and hey ho quids in 🤣🤣

My dealer advised me 2 months ago that there was no build scheduled of EV’s in the current quarter, this would appear to talley with what MG UK are saying “currently on shortage awaiting build” If this is true???

Where are Dealers getting these cars they are promising for delivery over the next month or so,
are they from the original build and been stored for over 6 months.

I believe the cocensus is that MG do not build to order but batch build and suspect these batches will be in the thousands.

My order from 1st Dec was a Dealer Stock Order placed Nov 21, since we are talking 2-3 months from build to dealer. I think we are cluching at straws to believe we will see any cars before August 22??

My dealer advised me 2 months ago that there was no build scheduled of EV’s in the current quarter, this would appear to talley with what MG UK are saying “currently on shortage awaiting build” If this is true???

Where are Dealers getting these cars they are promising for delivery over the next month or so,
are they from the original build and been stored for over 6 months.

I believe the cocensus is that MG do not build to order but batch build and suspect these batches will be in the thousands.

My order from 1st Dec was a Dealer Stock Order placed Nov 21, since we are talking 2-3 months from build to dealer. I think we are cluching at straws to believe we will see any cars before August 22??
Perhaps this is why they have stopped taking orders for the petrol model as of March to ensure that they can increase the production of the EV’s and have changed their production timetable for the quarter. Hence them saying some may be here shortly. It’s all surmising though.

When I buy something it's because I want it or need it. I do the research and go and get it. This MG is for my wife who needs to replace her aging Suzuki petrol engined car. We have solar panels so free fuel and even far cheaper fuel steered me towards electric.
I loved the spec of the facelifted MG ZS EV Trophy and the wife thoroughly enjoyed her test drive. However, order placed January with expected delivery April 25th was a bitter pill to swallow. But now it's been extended to God knows when. Will the car ever arrive? Nobody even knows that.
So now I've gone back to the drawing and am looking at the tiny few ex-demonstrator LR Trophys that are creeping onto the market, and even less than a year old low mileage MG ZS EV Exclusive models. Sure I know the range is far less but my wife would only very rarely hot 100 miles in any return trip. We live in Northern Ireland, so can't travel far til we get to the edge.
I want to buy a car that's actually in the showroom and can drive away within a week.
Haven't cancelled my order just yet though. Still watching shipping updates with everything crossed 🤞

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom