MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Won’t matter to me, dealership is going to fit my private plate when it turns up…when..
Bit short sighted, when you sell it will have a 22 plate if registered before end of August and you remove the private plate or course 🙂 it can make a difference to resale value.

Bit short sighted, when you sell it will have a 22 plate if registered before end of August and you remove the private plate or course 🙂 it can make a difference to resale value.
Probably only keep the car two years and sell it back to MG…can’t see it’ll make much difference, it’s still a 2022 car, whether it’s a March or August plate on the car..

I haven’t seen any yet so far! Hope we all get our cars soon.
They are out there:)

In true Blue Peter fashion, here is one I bought earlier …

BDC1BD15-4F78-45ED-B8FF-95280FFB45D6.jpeg
4FDA8E44-99E8-496B-B1B2-B5C709751D86.jpeg

If Connects are such an issue, I don't see why they don't have dealers contact customers and offer them the option to lose that extra and save £500 :unsure: . I think a good few would go for that if they could get on the road sooner vs an unknown delivery date.

What get's me is that it's not as if they're delivering everything but Connect - they appear to be behind in general.
If people have a plug in grant this can't happen as its a change of model... and would void the grant application.

Not true I added connect to mine and they said you will not lose your place in the queue but will have to add £500 to your payment cost.

My original dealer closed they had loads of orders but wasn’t getting any money because they only get paid when the car is handed over to customers. So no money close the doors 😩 Now I can see the other side of the story. 4 sales men out of work😩😩😩

I mean if that’s nationwide and not just your dealer then hopefully that means they can fulfill the existing orders before accepting new orders and those getting cars first although they ordered after others. Whilst I’d love my new car now, part of me would feel bad if I got it before others, probably as it was ingrained in me to wait my turn in the queue. 😂

Although I do wonder if that might be your particular dealer as others are still advertising for new orders and have given dates of June for new orders this week.
I’ve no idea guess it’s just my dealership, but I’m hopeful I will get the car this year. 🤞🏻

My car arrived at dealer on Monday 18th it was on Splendid Ace which was at Portbury on the 30th March
Thanks - so it's taken a good few weeks before they got it.
I was told it had arrived at the beginning the week at Bristol
So assuming that's the Iguazu, dealer received it within a few days. That might be the shortest transport turnaround time I've seen recently😯. Given it appears to take a few weeks for some though, there could be customers still to receive a call for cars that were on that same vessel.

Iguazu Highway - docked 20th April '22. Car(s) at dealership on 23rd April for delivery
Splendid Ace - docked 30th March '22. Car(s) at dealership on 16th & 18th April for delivery

If people have a plug in grant this can't happen as its a change of model... and would void the grant application.
I agree, this change wouldn't be an option for those glued to the grant, but there'll be people like me though for whom this would make no difference at all.

Just looking at the order tracker though, I'm not convinced the Connect is the issue given the poor delivery ratio across all variants. If the next big delivery is everything but Connect then OK, that option is a problem.

We saw a 21 plate Trophy (or Trophy Connect) in red a couple of days ago - the same as we are waiting for. It did look good.
I've only seen one. Ironically it belongs to my neighbour and is parked outside my house everyday, in the same colour that I'm waiting for. I feel like I'm being mocked 😩😁

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom