MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Is it just 5 of us on here?

According to TW, they've sold over 400 vehicles since 1st of November, but not received a single customer car yet...
I am with TW too. Ordered in December, Trophy LR. Please include me if you decide to club together. Thanks!

Dilema: Ordered LR Trophy Connect back in November. Been receiving regular delay messages until this week.
Dealer has called me to say they are taking delivery of a LR Trophy from the boat everyone has been talking about which I get first dibs on...
Do I wait for the Connect (currently slated to be available sometime in August) or take the Trophy non-Connect?!?!

Dilema: Ordered LR Trophy Connect back in November. Been receiving regular delay messages until this week.
Dealer has called me to say they are taking delivery of a LR Trophy from the boat everyone has been talking about which I get first dibs on...
Do I wait for the Connect (currently slated to be available sometime in August) or take the Trophy non-Connect?!?!
Depends on how you purchased it. If I correctly understand what Miles said, changing anything other than the colour will lose the £2.5k grant if that's originally what discount you got. I don't know if that'd apply to Affinity also since that appears to have reduced too.
The grant is claimed on behalf of the customer, using their name, the vehicle make and model (eg. MG ZS EV Long Range Trophy Connect) is locked in at this time.

The grant is only paid out once that vehicle is registered to that customer. The grant process is audited frequently, so we need to be very clear that any change to specification or customer name will lose the grant. The dealer cannot register the vehicle to anyone else (or themselves) and claim the original grant. The customer cannot change their order (eg from Trophy Connect to Trophy, or from Long Range to Standard Range) without cancelling the original grant and reapplying (which may lose the entitlement altogether).
If something like that doesn't impact you, then I'd probably take the car that's here now unless you really want the Connect features.

Last edited:
I've whiled away some time whilst I wait for my car and looked back at ship arrivals on this thread.

2 in February, 3 in March, 1 in April.

1 to 2 days after docking, transporters were spotted on the M5 and M4, with dealers in the south contacting customers about deliveries.

1 to 2 weeks after docking, people were being contacted about their cars.

The ships were:

Durban Highway - 09.02.22
Viking Sea - 11.02.22
Sunlight Ace - 02.03.22
Viking Adventure - 10.03.22
Splendid Ace - 31.03.22
Iguazu Highway - 20.04.22
Grand Victory - 14.05.22

I wonder if they'll be back with more MG's in the future?

Take the non-connect and use your phone for the music / connected services?

Depends on how you purchased it. If I correctly understand what Miles said, changing anything other than the colour will lose the £2.5k grant if that's originally what discount you got. I don't know if that'd apply to Affinity also since that appears to have reduced too.

If something like that doesn't impact you, then I'd probably take the car that's here now unless you really want the Connect features.
Dealer has written to powers that be and thinks they may be willing to change my order details and maintain the original grant. Still waiting for the formal confirmation - if not, the decision is made for me and I carry on waiting.

I tried to change the colour about a month after ordering. Was told I couldn't change it. I have to cancel and reorder and lose the grant. Decided to stick to original colour.

Dealer has written to powers that be and thinks they may be willing to change my order details and maintain the original grant. Still waiting for the formal confirmation - if not, the decision is made for me and I carry on waiting.
It’s great that your dealer is giving you this option to go for a “lesser” car version which isnt what you ordered and going through such lengths to check you still get the grant etc..don't get what their incentive is especially when there are thousands still waiting on the car that they did order for.
Guilty of sounding a bit bitter 😅 waiting on a black trophy LR myself 😆 i went for the Non-connect version for the very reason I was told it would take less time than the connect, so doesnt sound very fair to me that the connect clients are given the option to downgrade. That’s just me 😬

Stay with the connect.

It’s great that your dealer is giving you this option to go for a “lesser” car version which isnt what you ordered and going through such lengths to check you still get the grant etc..don't get what their incentive is especially when there are thousands still waiting on the car that they did order for.
Guilty of sounding a bit bitter 😅 waiting on a black trophy LR myself 😆 i went for the Non-connect version for the very reason I was told it would take less time than the connect, so doesnt sound very fair to me that the connect clients are given the option to downgrade. That’s just me 😬
I would presume it’s to try and satisfy some of those that ordered the connect model and have waited 6 months already with no idea when they will get it. I guess they have the consent from MG UK as it’s one less connect to make which requires more chips. 🤷🏻‍♀️

As long as it goes to people that ordered a significant time ago and they don’t have anyone else waiting on the books for that car for a significant period of time, then I think that’s fairer than giving it to someone who ordered a trophy yesterday. I say this and I only ordered in April and would understand if those waiting infront of me were offered to switch to the same one I was waiting for. When I’m one of the longest waiting customers I would hope they would offer me an alternative.

Cash is a good enough incentive alone. That's a sale the dealer can get money in for now vs at an unknown date later in the year. One in the hand...

And it's a good thing that they're offering early customers a chance of at least of getting a car sooner, even if it's not what they originally wanted.

I would presume it’s to try and satisfy some of those that ordered the connect model and have waited 6 months already with no idea when they will get it. I guess they have the consent from MG UK as it’s one less connect to make which requires more chips. 🤷🏻‍♀️

As long as it goes to people that ordered a significant time ago and they don’t have anyone else waiting on the books for that car for a significant period of time, then I think that’s fairer than giving it to someone who ordered a trophy yesterday. I say this and I only ordered in April and would understand if those waiting infront of me were offered to switch to the same one I was waiting for. When I’m one of the longest waiting customers I would hope they would offer me an alternative.
I would agree if they had a car that was unallocated which sounds insane as there are so many people on here with November orders still waiting on a trophy LR (non-connect), basically same waiting time as yourself, and still no idea when their cars will arrive.
A lot of what MG is doing at the moment isnt making sense to me so makes sense this isn’t ither 🤪
Good for you if you can get your hands on the LR non-connect, id definitely go for it, i dont think the connect adds too much more to the car if you’ve got a phone that has large data package and can use live traffic features, music, etc from your phone, although you may miss things like voice commands, which judging from my mercedes doesn’t always work all that well anyways - always repeating myself and calls the wrong contact, must be my accent 😆. Thing worth considering is the Connect may have a better re-sale value as it’s the top spec version.
All the best to you 👍🏻

I tried to change the colour about a month after ordering. Was told I couldn't change it. I have to cancel and reorder and lose the grant. Decided to stick to original colour.
That's strange, because it's the spec of the car which is affected by the grant, not the colour of it. Short range and long range are different spec, as are SE, Trophy, and Connect. Changing between any of these means cancelling the original order and reodering the new spec.

I am with TW too. Ordered in December, Trophy LR. Please include me if you decide to club together. Thanks!
I can make it a magnificent 7, but if TW really has taken 800 orders then we'll need Yul Brynner, Charles Bronson, Steve McQueen and the rest of the gang.

I have a LR Trophy on order from Tunbridge Wells MG since November which includes the £2,500 grant from the time. Is there anything stopping me from purchasing a SR as an interim solution including the current £1,500 grant and then part exchanging this once the LR arrives from Tunbridge Wells. The grant is connected to the car rather than individuals isn’t it? I could put one car in my name and one in my wife’s as well to avoid grant confusion.

I would take the trophy, the trophy connect features are so small that to me they aren’t really worth it

That's strange, because it's the spec of the car which is affected by the grant, not the colour of it. Short range and long range are different spec, as are SE, Trophy, and Connect. Changing between any of these means cancelling the original order and reodering the new spec.
Not sure what the problem was, tried doing it through leasing company they said mg saud it can't be done. Got in touch with mg directly and they said the same.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom