MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

That Trophy is likely someone's cancelled order that the dealer can now offer to all the other customers who've been waiting so long. If someone accepts it the same will happen again when their car shows up.
Be interesting to know what dealers get multiple cars of this ship and what dealers get none at all and the reasons why.

Just a thought on missing out on grant money. I first discovered and ordered our MG Trophy LR in January and was very miffed when I found out about the grant that had changed 2 weeks before I ordered. The car that we ordered was £34,040 so over the grant threshold anyway. Delivery expected April.
Fast forward to April and delivery now changes to June/July MAYBE so I went looking for an ex-demo and found an SR Trophy 90 days old with 2500 miles on for 26,000. Bought that 2 weeks ago and cancelled my Arnold Clark order. Not miffed anymore that I missed the grant money and hopefully somebody will be offered a blue Trophy LR when my original order shows up.

That Trophy is likely someone's cancelled order that the dealer can now offer to all the other customers who've been waiting so long. If someone accepts it the same will happen again when their car shows up.
Be interesting to know what dealers get multiple cars of this ship and what dealers get none at all and the reasons why.
According to Miles at podcast when dealer have cancellation they then have to request MG UK to pass onto the another customer from their dealership, but MG UK might refuse and take back the car to allocate to different dealer who is first in queue. So the chances of the dealer able to pass onto their customer seems slim.

I have a LR Trophy on order from Tunbridge Wells MG since November which includes the £2,500 grant from the time. Is there anything stopping me from purchasing a SR as an interim solution including the current £1,500 grant and then part exchanging this once the LR arrives from Tunbridge Wells. The grant is connected to the car rather than individuals isn’t it? I could put one car in my name and one in my wife’s as well to avoid grant confusion.
Financially it probably wouldn't make sense, the biggest drop in value is as soon as you drive it off the forecourt.

Financially it probably wouldn't make sense, the biggest drop in value is as soon as you drive it off the forecourt.
Ordinarily, I'd agree, but with the secondhand market as it is at the moment, he might still be quids in on the deal. It all depends on when the bubble will burst and the market returns to "normal".

Ordinarily, I'd agree, but with the secondhand market as it is at the moment, he might still be quids in on the deal. It all depends on when the bubble will burst and the market returns to "normal".
On the subject of second hand car values just been offer £1300 more in May than I was in Jan. A dealer told me prices were starting to come down at the end of April but it would appear that it's just gone into reverse. PS
Please don't tell me this thread is only about delivery dates and that I'm spamming the thread.

On the subject of second hand car values just been offer £1300 more in May than I was in Jan. A dealer told me prices were starting to come down at the end of April but it would appear that it's just gone into reverse. PS
Please don't tell me this thread is only about delivery dates and that I'm spamming the thread.
I decided to look at we buy any car just to get a feel for our trade in car.

November last year £11,500
Feb £10,400
April £9800
Yesterday £8750

If this is a bell weather for overall market not good. But we’re gonna take to various people to get best offer.

I've whiled away some time whilst I wait for my car and looked back at ship arrivals on this thread.

2 in February, 3 in March, 1 in April.

1 to 2 days after docking, transporters were spotted on the M5 and M4, with dealers in the south contacting customers about deliveries.

1 to 2 weeks after docking, people were being contacted about their cars.

The ships were:

Durban Highway - 09.02.22
Viking Sea - 11.02.22
Sunlight Ace - 02.03.22
Viking Adventure - 10.03.22
Splendid Ace - 31.03.22
Iguazu Highway - 20.04.22
Grand Victory - 14.05.22

I wonder if they'll be back with more MG's in the future?
With Grand Victory docking 08.05.22, I presume the batch of SR might have been on that one... or is another May ship looking likely for a big cargo?

Feb £10,400
April £9800
Yesterday £8750

If this is a bell weather for overall market not good. But we’re gonna take to various people to get best offer.
Motorway was the best for me. Worth a shot. I’d estimate you can get £500+ above but above gives a steer on the direction or used car prices…

Motorway was the best for me. Worth a shot. I’d estimate you can get £500+ above but above gives a steer on the direction or used car prices…
Was Motorway easy to use? And did they offer quite a bit more than others? I'm just about to list mine to see if I can get more than my measly trade in price for my old car

Feb £10,400
April £9800
Yesterday £8750

lets just say, we buy any car are not the best!

Was Motorway easy to use? And did they offer quite a bit more than others? I'm just about to list mine to see if I can get more than my measly trade in price for my old car
Mine was worth about £8k and Motorway was the closest value to what I actually got too. Autotrader was a waste of time. Gumtree is worth a shot - free advert and I ended up selling to a local trader who reached out from there.

Mine was worth about £8k and Motorway was the closest value to what I actually got too. Autotrader was a waste of time. Gumtree is worth a shot - free advert and I ended up selling to a local trader who reached out from there.
Thanks for replying. That's decent then! My car is currently being valeted so I'll be listing on Motorway and perhaps Gumtree today. Might even give FB Marketplace a shot

Motorway was great but a faff for the pics. I had to take about 15 and they have to be exactly right. Fair enough but was a little bit of a pain. The good news was it went for more than they quoted, WAY more than WBAC and no fee!!! The money was in my account, he then drove away.

Dilema: Ordered LR Trophy Connect back in November. Been receiving regular delay messages until this week.
Dealer has called me to say they are taking delivery of a LR Trophy from the boat everyone has been talking about which I get first dibs on...
Do I wait for the Connect (currently slated to be available sometime in August) or take the Trophy non-Connect?!?!
If you take the Trophy over the connect it will invalidate your grant application meaning you will lose £2500... This happens because the grant application has the trim level listed on it, the only change you can make to the car that won't affect the grant application is colour.

This was my email this morning. As I've said before. Ordered in November, I'll be surprised to see it this year!!

Hi,

Further update as per my email dated the 4th April, we are experiencing significant delays with the build of all cars here at Hayle, be it MG, Peugeot or Kia. Unfortunately along with the chip shortages from the last couple of years there are now shortages in Neon gas (required for chip production) and some wiring looms which were predominantly sourced from the Ukraine and Russia. As you can imagine this is now having a further knock on effect with the production of all vehicles.

We are starting to see cars trickle in, but unfortunately it is a trickle so our original date, I'm afraid to say, will not be met and we are very much going to have to play it by year as I am unable to give you a firm date.

Obviously not what you want to hear and rest assured it is just as frustrating for us as it is for you as we wish to get you into your new car as soon as possible.

As soon as I have any news for I will let you know as well as answer any questions that you have so please feel free to contact me.

Kind Regards

This was my email this morning. As I've said before. Ordered in November, I'll be surprised to see it this year!!

Hi,

Further update as per my email dated the 4th April, we are experiencing significant delays with the build of all cars here at Hayle, be it MG, Peugeot or Kia. Unfortunately along with the chip shortages from the last couple of years there are now shortages in Neon gas (required for chip production) and some wiring looms which were predominantly sourced from the Ukraine and Russia. As you can imagine this is now having a further knock on effect with the production of all vehicles.

We are starting to see cars trickle in, but unfortunately it is a trickle so our original date, I'm afraid to say, will not be met and we are very much going to have to play it by year as I am unable to give you a firm date.

Obviously not what you want to hear and rest assured it is just as frustrating for us as it is for you as we wish to get you into your new car as soon as possible.

As soon as I have any news for I will let you know as well as answer any questions that you have so please feel free to contact me.

Kind Regards
"play it by year"

Reckon thats a Freudian slip right there.

I've been extremely lucky.

Was originally told April... then September.

But my dealerships called last week to say miraculously mine is arriving on he 18/19th of this month. Must be the shipment of black metallic paint vehicles someone else was talking about.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom