MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

I am not aware of any lease customers getting their cars as of yet ???.
It would appear clear to me, that given the huge shortage of cars, main dealers are getting the priority over the lease companies.
Which really comes as no surprise at all really, it is to be expected I guess.
Dealers will be looking to focus / satisfy it's own customers first.
Waiting on my lease, ordered Dec. Now September. My leasing company took 150 orders for the zs. Would make more sense to keep them happy surely, than one customer.

Keep us informed, mine was ordered in Jan from Baylis too. I’ve been told pretty much the same as you about a big delivery in August (End) suggested they would keep it until sept if I want to get a new reg. (although I never get an update unless I chase them) My part Ex offer was £12800 and I have also done around 4K Miles since. I truly think they are going to try and knock a fair bit off that offer. Hopefully will be proved wrong but I think it’s going to be a battle. I know of at least one other on this forum that has ordered from Baylis Glos too.
I also ordered from Baylis Glos back in November for a LR Trophy in black. Thankfully I don't have a car to part-x anymore after I sold it to take advantage of used car prices back in March, but when I ordered I was only told that they would guarantee the equity from the finance I had outstanding, meaning that they were definitely going to reassess the value of the car at the time of collection and would offer me less because my finance settlement would of been less... I was still being quoted for end of July the last time I spoke to Jordan but I am still awaiting a response from an email I asked seeking an update on delivery times.

I am tempted to go and buy a V8 if my order gets pushed back again though, getting really frustrating being without a car...

Waiting on my lease, ordered Dec. Now September. My leasing company took 150 orders for the zs. Would make more sense to keep them happy surely, than one customer.
This is true, but they simply don't have the volume to supply the huge numbers of cars to the lease companies, its as pure and simply as that really !.
Dealers are struggling to create any revenue on new cars, due to the slow through put.
The profit margin on new cars provided by dealers to lease by companies, is smaller due to their strength in buying larger numbers of cars.
This is why I think dealer retail sales will take priority over lease companies in my mind.
It's great to boast a large sale of 50 cars to a lease company, but you then have to be able to provide them numbers.
This is where it has all fallen apart.
MG are no longer taking ANY orders ( unless you want a HS ) all other orders are suspended until further notice.
They have held up their hands and admitted that they can NOT supply the orders they all ready have, let alone take anymore new orders.
The reasons for this has been covered on numerous threads.
VW closed down a number of their production lines a few months ago, due to supplier problems.
The wiring loom is pretty much one of the first thing to be installed into the car, when it arrives from the paint shop.
The vast majority of wiring looms are made in the Ukraine, so this has had a massive impact on production.
We find ourselves in a "Perfect Storm" situation unfortunately.

Was not surprised but yet still disappointed after hearing that it was mainly SR ZS's coming through on last night's pod cast as like a lot of us I ordered a LR in Nov 21. Then this morning a phone call out of the blue from MG Burnley they are expecting my ZS in at the end of the month. One step closer.

Was not surprised but yet still disappointed after hearing that it was mainly SR ZS's coming through on last night's pod cast as like a lot of us I ordered a LR in Nov 21. Then this morning a phone call out of the blue from MG Burnley they are expecting my ZS in at the end of the month. One step closer.
Great news!!!

Thinking September is realistic for my Jan order based on the Nov and Dec ones dripping through now...
I was December. Trying hard not to get my hopes up 🤣 my xceed was due back this month but kia have been spot on. Said keep for as long as you need it on the same terms same price but on a daily price so I don't have to pay for a full month if I don't need it. Feel for the ones that can't extend.

I was December. Trying hard not to get my hopes up 🤣 my xceed was due back this month but kia have been spot on. Said keep for as long as you need it on the same terms same price but on a daily price so I don't have to pay for a full month if I don't need it. Feel for the ones that can't extend.
That's very good of them, especially considering they could probably sell it at a premium right now 🙂

Hello guys just an update, so I placed my order on the 23rd February quoted for May/June delivery but been told last month that it’ll be delayed until August, received a call today from my dealer at MG Toomey that my car is arriving at the end of the month, they told me one of the customer who ordered before me just cancelled his order with the exact specs as I ordered (Trophy SR, Black Pearl)
If there’s a shipment coming by the end of this month, I am pretty sure a lot here in this forum will receive a call from their respective dealers. Goodluck guys. Next thing to do now is to sell my Mokka before the car arrives..

Well done. Could I ask what colour you ordered please? I am keeping everything crossed for my LR silver trophy to hopefully arrive soon.

Well done. Could I ask what colour you ordered please? I am keeping everything crossed for my LR silver trophy to hopefully arrive soon.
Miles ordered a Trophy Connect in silver as soon as the facelift was released.
He has now switched out his order for a SR Trophy in silver due to the wait time.
A family member has a LR Trophy in silver on order also.

What I don’t understand is how are cars allocated to all the dealerships nationwide? Like how is it possible that Tunbridge Wells MG for example, are saying they’ve had no cars come in from their hundreds of orders since the beginning and others are getting 60 cars in one go?
Is there anyone on here who has knowledge on this and can shed some light on the situation.
Im increasingly worried i am not going to have a car by the end of this year the way things are going 😓

What I don’t understand is how are cars allocated to all the dealerships nationwide? Like how is it possible that Tunbridge Wells MG for example, are saying they’ve had no cars come in from their hundreds of orders since the beginning and others are getting 60 cars in one go?
Is there anyone on here who has knowledge on this and can shed some light on the situation.
Im increasingly worried i am not going to have a car by the end of this year the way things are going 😓
Can I recommend that you watch the latest pod cast and all will be explained in detail.

Can I recommend that you watch the latest pod cast and all will be explained in detail.

I watched the podcast and it was insightful on delivery time estimates, 9months 😨 for new orders which they’ve stopped taking - is it 9 months for cars not yet built as well though on existing orders from say January time?
It also mentioned the struggles all dealerships are facing due to lack of car handovers but it wasn't addressed how cars are allocated to different dealerships. Miles seems to have received 15 LR cars that were customer orders and 60 SR that are up for grabs, but that doesn’t quite explain to me how some dealerships have had no cars at all delivered to them. Does anyone know?

I watched the podcast and it was insightful on delivery time estimates, 9months 😨 for new orders which they’ve stopped taking - is it 9 months for cars not yet built as well though on existing orders from say January time?
It also mentioned the struggles all dealerships are facing due to lack of car handovers but it wasn't addressed how cars are allocated to different dealerships. Miles seems to have received 15 LR cars that were customer orders and 60 SR that are up for grabs, but that doesn’t quite explain to me how some dealerships have had no cars at all delivered to them. Does anyone know?
If it helps I am number 20 in the queue apparently for an EV from Tunbridge Wells having ordered on 30th November.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom