MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

If it helps I am number 20 in the queue apparently for an EV from Tunbridge Wells having ordered on 30th November.
Oh dear 😅 it does help to know that there is some form of a queue system I guess, but if you are #20 in the queue for a November order, i hate to think where I stand in the queue 😓 Although I imagine you must be #20 in the queue for a silver trophy LR?
I hope TW starts to get some cars in, so that this queue starts moving, but how cars get assigned to dealerships remains a mystery to me.

I probably need to look into something like ONTO for when my lease ends..worst time ever to be found without a car 😩

If it helps I am number 20 in the queue apparently for an EV from Tunbridge Wells having ordered on 30th November.
How do you know that you are #20 on the list? Is this something you figured out from your order number or did they tell you this? I'd be curious to know where our order sits in the queue if there is any.

I just pushed them to tell me a few months ago. I have tried emailing them this week but no response so far. I am encouraged that November orders in silver LR trophy are coming through though.

I watched the podcast and it was insightful on delivery time estimates, 9months 😨 for new orders which they’ve stopped taking - is it 9 months for cars not yet built as well though on existing orders from say January time?
It also mentioned the struggles all dealerships are facing due to lack of car handovers but it wasn't addressed how cars are allocated to different dealerships. Miles seems to have received 15 LR cars that were customer orders and 60 SR that are up for grabs, but that doesn’t quite explain to me how some dealerships have had no cars at all delivered to them. Does anyone know?
I think what your getting at here is - previously MG UK had stated that all dealers order’s had to be cancelled & only customer orders left in the system to help with manufacturing demand & all non customer ordered cars would be allocated to a customer order possibly at another dealership, I believe it was mentioned in the podcast that Chorley group had for filled all there SR & 15 LR customer orders, I don’t know, but if other dealers are still awaiting their SR orders, how have Chorley group managed to get these 60+ cars to sell to new customers.

I don’t know, but if other dealers are still awaiting their SR orders, how have Chorley group managed to get these 60+ cars to sell to new customers.
According to Miles, they where approached by MG themselves and asked if they wanted to take some SR models, in order to ease the burden on any potentially customers still awaiting their cars.
They said there was about 60 ( ish ) SR models in differing spec’s.
They accepted the full offer straight away, is my understanding,
To be fair, Miles did make the announcement of these cars on the Tuesday night pod cast.
Suggesting that if anybody was still waiting for their cars, or would consider switching from a LR to a SR, then to contact the guys at Chorley Group.
I know that some members have already done this and arrangements are now underway.
The Chorley group won an award for selling more MG’s than any other dealer in the U.K. and would like to keep this tittle.
They have a good relationship / understanding with MG head office I guess.

According to Miles, they where approached by MG themselves and asked if they wanted to take some SR models, in order to ease the burden on any potentially customers still awaiting their cars.

They have a good relationship / understanding with MG head office I guess.
Yes, this is just MG picking winners and losers. I can imagine how frustrating it is for other dealers seeing Chorley Group being given preferential treatment but it’s business. If I had a 200+ orders waiting for fulfillment and did not have any support from MG I would be way less enthusiastic about selling MGs.

MG must think they have too many dealers and want to cut back on that number. After all the cars sell themselves!

Yes, this is just MG picking winners and losers. I can imagine how frustrating it is for other dealers seeing Chorley Group being given preferential treatment but it’s business. If I had a 200+ orders waiting for fulfillment and did not have any support from MG I would be way less enthusiastic about selling MGs.

MG must think they have too many dealers and want to cut back on that number. After all the cars sell themselves!
Classic case of not what you know it’s who you know.

There maybe some truth here, only yesterday I was contacted by MG themselves, to inform me that the dealer we bought our previous Gen1 ZS EV where not dealing with MG anymore !.
There where one of these multi franchises dealerships.
MG did recommended other dealers, that I could take my car too for service and warranty work.
It offered three dealers, one was only 10 miles away, the second one is a relatively new dealer about 20 miles away.
The last offering was about 30+ miles away.
Strangely enough, they missed off another newish dealer that is only about 12 miles away and I told them so.
At the last count I think MG had about 130 dealerships in the U.K. ?.

Classic case of not what you know it’s who you know.
Although this maybe true, I have to wonder how much REAL effort some of the other lethargic dealers I have spoken too, really try ?.
A few weeks ago, I entered a relatively new local MG dealership with my son.
He he was considering buying a new HS PHEV as the start of his electric journey.
There was a HS PHEV in his chosen colour on display in the showroom.
I could just tell by my son’s face, it was an easy sale !.
About six feet away from the car, was a sales man sat at his desk happily browsing the internet, not a care in the world !.
We walked around the car and my son sat in the drivers seat.
I waited to see how long it would take him to get the salesman off his arse and ask if we needed any help.
After 10 minutes I was ready to leave in a bad mood.
Then my son approach the salesman and politely said:-
“Sorry, if you are busy but can you help me please”.
His responce ( I kid you not ) was this :- “It depends on what you want !!!!! “.
My son’s reply - “Well - I had come in to buy a new car, but not from you” and we left !.
He went to leave his important business on the computer and I stopped him getting up.
Then in a loud voice I said :-
“Don’t bother getting up mate, I can see you are busy doing bugger all, we are going to a dealer who can be bothered to sell us a car”.
So, we should now be over critical of people who want to go the extra mile and some just don’t give a sh*t to be honest !.
I have no time for people like this and vote with my feet !.
I will drive pass 5 dealers until I get somebody who can treat my correctly.
I can get a feel for somebody in five minutes, if I don’t like them then, I move on.
Life and my ability to kept calm with time wasters is way to short anymore.

[...] The Chorley group won an award for selling more MG’s than any other dealer in the U.K. and would like to keep this tittle.[...]
The award means nothing if the whole network isn't being offered an equal opportunity to receive deliveries - you can't fight fairly with one arm tied behind your back. So did MG offer this 60+ SR stock to all dealers is the question.

And just to be clear, this isn't about Chorley or singling those guys out - they have brick & mortar business to run, so I cannot fault them at all for taking the opportunity to get some actual cash in. What I'm trying to ascertain is how it works when it comes to MG supplying the network as a whole. Have MG sent so many SR this month, that the not only will the existing orders for them at all dealerships be satisfied, but they then had 60+ spare give away on top? I may be having a senior moment, but it's not clear to me.

As at this morning it seems that not all dealers even knew about this SR drop... so did the offer go out to everyone but some were lax in their admin, and therefore missed it? Or is it that MG just picked a select few dealerships? Because if it's the latter it means that just by virtue of the dealer you pick, you could inadvertently shaft yourself when it comes to waiting time.:unsure:

I wish someone from MG would have the stones to shed some light on their overall allocation process. Where's that Guy Pigounakis follow-up interview we've been waiting for...? 😂

Although this maybe true, I have to wonder how much REAL effort some of the other lethargic dealers I have spoken too, really try ?.
He he was considering buying a new HS PHEV as the start of his electric journey.
About six feet away from the car, was a sales man sat at his desk happily browsing the internet, not a care in the world !.
I waited to see how long it would take him to get the salesman off his arse and ask if we needed any help.
His responce ( I kid you not ) was this :- “It depends on what you want !!!!! “.
My son’s reply - “Well - I had come in to buy a new car, but not from you” and we left !.
He went to leave his important business on the computer and I stopped him getting up.
“Don’t bother getting up mate, I can see you are busy doing bugger all, we are going to a dealer who can be bothered to sell us a car”.
So, we should now be over critical of people who want to go the extra mile and some just don’t give a sh*t to be honest !.
I can get a feel for somebody in five minutes, if I don’t like them then, I move on.
Good for you. When I bought an Ioniq 28kWh a few years ago, I saw a good deal in Worcester, 70 miles away, but it had already been sold.

The salesman phoned me back 10 minutes later and said they had another Ioniq they could do for the same price. When I went to pick it up, he was so helpful sorting everything out so I could drive it away that afternoon. Also, the next day he phoned to see if I had a good journey and if there were any issues with the car.

Good customer service pays off because I went back to him to see if he could get a Kona any quicker than my local dealer, and he did. When I went to pick that up, it was the same excellent service, and after sales phone call.

What I'm trying to ascertain is how it works when it comes to MG supplying the network as a whole. Have MG sent so many SR this month, that the not only will the existing orders for them at all dealerships be satisfied, but they then had 60+ spare give away on top?
Sorry @Nutnut I am unable to answer the first part of your question 🙋🏻‍♂️.
Regarding the second part of extra volume of SR cars, I can say only this.
When the face lift was first launched by MG ( like other manufactures ) they decided to lead with the range topping spec LR model, in order to attract maximum attention, in an effort to gain new orders.
Makes sense to me ???.
The follow up plan, as best as I can understand it, was THEN to follow up quickly, with the second wave of SR models.
Well we all know what happened next a multitude of problems !.
I think MG have then tried to react by offering any unclaimed customer cars, from this batch of cars to customers as many customers a result !.
That is to the best of my understand how they approached the supply problem, in the best way that they could under the circumstances.

Last edited:
You do make a good point, I myself have walked out of a few dealerships because they have ignored me & just couldn’t be bothered, one even replied when I asked if he could unlock a car “ oh that means I’ll have to go find the keys” so I said “don’t bother, I’ll go elsewhere “ if this is the case here then maybe a few will not be getting their franchise renewed.

There maybe some truth here, only yesterday I was contacted by MG themselves, to inform me that the dealer we bought our previous Gen1 ZS EV where not dealing with MG anymore !.
There where one of these multi franchises dealerships.
MG did recommended other dealers, that I could take my car too for service and warranty work.
It offered three dealers, one was only 10 miles away, the second one is a relatively new dealer about 20 miles away.
The last offering was about 30+ miles away.
Strangely enough, they missed off another newish dealer that is only about 12 miles away and I told them so.
At the last count I think MG had about 130 dealerships in the U.K. ?.
@Lovemyev I assume being in North Wales you referring to Gallagher in Chester that are not MG anymore

Just checked in with my dealer as two weeks after I ordered he indicated the finance company asked a question. Only to say it was then fine and no other info needed. After this I suddenly panicked and wanted to check the order had gone in ok as presume they wait for the ok from the finance before placing the order, but no response to the email. With the news of no new orders I thought I best ring and check even though I didn’t want to be a pain as I only ordered in April. Mine has definitely been ordered, but no changes. This seems odd that my date hasn’t been pushed back from the 1st September although not sure he even checked as he answered pretty quick without any background clicking away. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Sorry @Nutnut I am unable to answer the first part of your question 🙋🏻‍♂️.
Regarding the second part regarding extra SR cars, I can say only this.
When the face lift was first launched MG ( like other manufactures ) decided to lead with the range topping spec LR car to attract maximum attention, to gain new orders.
Makes sense ???.
The follow up plan, as best as I can understand it, was to then follow up quickly, with the second wave of SR models.
Well we all know what happened next !.
I think MG have then tried to offer any unclaimed customer cars from this wave to customers as a result !.
That is to the best of my understand.
Makes sense that they'd planned for a wave of SR (y). To me though, it feels like they dropped the ball on a proper wave of LR to launch with... minus the demos, I'm not convinced they've supplied that many relative to the order numbers.

I'm interested to see how many LR are on this current shipment/delivery wave.

I can quite understand the logic of MG to get as many cars out to customers as they possibly can, but the thing that really pi***s me off is the fact that the customers who ordered the top of the range Trophy Connect last year are being s**t on from a great height. I'm sure MG could have been more customer service friendly if they wanted to be. Parts shortage or not !!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom