MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Hi Mack1410,
I'm just a little south of you in Co.Durham, I ordered Black Trophy LR which was a Dealer Stock Order assigned to me on the 1st Dec 21. Currently told there is no build date and can only hope for delivery Sept-Dec. I secured the £2500 Grant and was given a very good Px Value and its a cash purchase. I note you originally ordered Silver Trophy LR in Feb 22 can you or anyone explain this logic.
I'm currently about to cancel this Order as I have been promised an SR for next week from Crawley Group Burnley.
I don’t think anyone other than MG UK can explain the logic. I doubt anyone gets a rationale as to why their car is here earlier than others waiting for the same car as their dealer probably wouldn’t know or in all honestly be that bothered as they’re selling a car to their customer. They won’t care about other dealers customers as it doesn’t impact them financially. The only person who could clarify this would be your dealer to see if they can obtain the reasoning for this from MG UK. If I were you that’s when I’d be telling my dealer they need to get an answer from MG and earn their money on this deal or you’ll take a stock car another dealer has. If they can’t (in theory) transfer your cancelled order to another customer, it actually will now negatively impact them as they can’t fill your space with a new order either. One less sale for the dealer when he probably needs them with the order books closed.

It's beginning to kick off now :)
Bill Hader Reaction GIF

his car may be a cancellation and he is next in line! it may be a ex demo they have. It may be a random delivery on the last boat to dock, that wouldn't be a first. Who knows, trying to figure out the logic of MG and how these cars arrive is impossible. I've been on this thread since December when my order went in. It arrives when it arrives there is no point of getting irritated, frustrated yes but one day hopefully soon you will post that your car has arrived. Keep smiling 😃

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi , im new here . we've ordered an MG ZS EV in August does anyone know any news of cars getting shipped in , The Garage keeps saying no word ? feel like we are getting mucked about . Said it would be middle September now saying possibly end of September . Thank you
Ordered long range zs ev last November changed 3 times latest is September hmm

So, when are the next likely ships due into Portbury...

Ivory Arrow due 26th May

Michigan Highway due 27th May

Have I missed any?

I really don't get this at all. There are still Nov Dec orders outstanding and later orders are receiving there's. Absolutely nothing against the individual customer. I'm happy your getting your car but wtf is going on??
I bumped into someone who had just got her mg5 the other day, she said that because she wasn't fussy about the colour it was easier to source.

Received a call yesterday from my dealer saying all the MG ZSEV orders in the system he was looking at have changed from having a physical date assigned to them which kept moving out a day at a time to now it just says awaiting shipment or something like that. He didn’t know what this meant but he said all his orders now showed this status as of yesterday. This was Richmond MG group in Guildford.

Has anyone else been told this by their dealer? I ordered my ZSEV LR Connect back in early Dec 21. Will just keep waiting.

Received a call yesterday from my dealer saying all the MG ZSEV orders in the system he was looking at have changed from having a physical date assigned to them which kept moving out a day at a time to now it just says awaiting shipment or something like that. He didn’t know what this meant but he said all his orders now showed this status as of yesterday. This was Richmond MG group in Guildford.

Has anyone else been told this by their dealer? I ordered my ZSEV LR Connect back in early Dec 21. Will just keep waiting.
Ordered 12th November meant to b April 4 weeks before it was due received a call saying will arrive 07 April and should b delivered to me by the 12th 2 days after that call I get another saying delayed will b September

Miles from Chorley and Sam Luscombe both have said that MG’s system has a default rolling 4 months until it’s confirmed as being on a ship.

Miles from Chorley and Sam Luscombe both have said that MG’s system has a default rolling 4 months until it’s confirmed as being on a ship.
It's possible it could have changed since yesterday, but it would be nice for others to confirm.

Not sure what benefit MG thought this would bring, although in a way it will stop dealers who don't understand the system giving out unrealistic dates.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom