MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

I know all manufacturers are in the same boat when it comes to fulfilling orders but when you order your car in 2021 it would be nice to take delivery before 2023. As others have said we ourselves are not desperate as we have use of a car but this situation where people are getting their cars delivered from 2022 orders before 2021 orders is just getting customers annoyed. Surely MG can see and understand this and therefore try and make sure that there’s some kind of fair system of allotment of vehicles.

What does that mean in reality though? Is that the earliest it would be? Or could it arrive earlier?
From most people's experience on here (myself included), it won't be earlier - it will be later. Don't be surprised if, after hitting September, they end up telling you January. Even if by some miracle the planets perfectly align and they sort all of the manufacturing issues they currently have - it'll take them months to catch up.

From most people's experience on here (myself included), it won't be earlier - it will be later. Don't be surprised if, after hitting September, they end up telling you January. Even if by some miracle the planets perfectly align and they sort all of the manufacturing issues they currently have - it'll take them months to catch up.
I go through phases like grief. One day I'm blasé and think it'll be here whenever and compared to some people in the world I'm lucky, to other days of utter despair and angry as this is my first ever new car and I am sick of using fossil fuel, whilst my charger is sat on my wall gathering dust. £65 to fill my sons 1 ltr clio the other day and it just sickens me.

Grey Trophy Connect SR
Ordered 18 Jan 22 from JCT600 Bradford (Good at regular updates)
2/3/22 'still expected June'
12/4/22 'now expecting your car in August 2022. However, it is incredibly difficult for MG to give us an accurate date therefore the aforementioned date is to be taken as a guide, your car could arrive earlier or later.'
TODAY: 'I have checked your car status this morning and the car has now been built and boarded a ship on its way to Portbury. The system shows the 16th July but this can change depending on the progress the ship makes.'
Fingers crossed!

Grey Trophy Connect SR
Ordered 18 Jan 22 from JCT600 Bradford (Good at regular updates)
2/3/22 'still expected June'
12/4/22 'now expecting your car in August 2022. However, it is incredibly difficult for MG to give us an accurate date therefore the aforementioned date is to be taken as a guide, your car could arrive earlier or later.'
TODAY: 'I have checked your car status this morning and the car has now been built and boarded a ship on its way to Portbury. The system shows the 16th July but this can change depending on the progress the ship makes.'
Fingers crossed!
That is what I call excellent customer service

I go through phases like grief. One day I'm blasé and think it'll be here whenever and compared to some people in the world I'm lucky, to other days of utter despair and angry as this is my first ever new car and I am sick of using fossil fuel, whilst my charger is sat on my wall gathering dust. £65 to fill my sons 1 ltr clio the other day and it just sickens me.
Me too, MrMatt2101. Currently waiting for my first ever new car (MG5 LR), which will also be the last before I hang up my keys for good in 5 years time, and the fun went out of it months ago. Hope you get better news from your dealer before too long.

I wonder if it’s worth popping into my dealer, for them to tell me “you’ll be the first to know” when I pass them to go shopping or just carry on past…answers on a postcard..

Hi guys, first post here. I placed a deposit down for my zs ev LR a few weeks back and the dealership told me I should expect it in the coming weeks. Just got a text from them this morning saying it's due in at the end of the month! Very excited.

It'd a shame alot of you guys have been waiting so long for their cars and still don't have them. Hopefully this all gets ironed out ASAP.

Hi guys, first post here. I placed a deposit down for my zs ev LR a few weeks back and the dealership told me I should expect it in the coming weeks. Just got a text from them this morning saying it's due in at the end of the month! Very excited.

It'd a shame alot of you guys have been waiting so long for their cars and still don't have them. Hopefully this all gets ironed out ASAP.
End of the month? Woah that's actually crazy, have they told you that it's been built etc?

That's great for you but frustrating for many others....

End of the month? Woah that's actually crazy, have they told you that it's been built etc?
As fas as I can tell, I'll be getting one of their allocated LR stock. The dealer showed me the incoming stock and there was a few LR and a decent supply of SR. I guess it's coming on the shipment which is due end of may.

As fas as I can tell, I'll be getting one of their allocated LR stock. The dealer showed me the incoming stock and there was a few LR and a decent supply of SR. I guess it's coming on the shipment which is due end of may.
You have probably received a cancellation. Enjoy!!! 😁👍

Yeah, I know. I couldn't imagine how it feels when I'm essentially cutting the line. They should allocate the stock to those who have pre ordered months ago.
That's interesting. So I guess MG's threat of reclaiming fake and cancelled orders to redistribute is complete balls. And dealers do have the abilities to reassign cancelled orders as they please. I hope you didn't cut in front of someone from the same dealership who might have ordered with the grant and got locked in and will eventually be forced to cancel and suck up the higher prices.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom