MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Suggest you read through the 179 pages of this thread. It might take you 3 months to do so. It is possible you may not have your car even after that.

There is a worldwide shortage of all new EVs.
We all know about the world wide shortage of new cars, but when someone has been waiting as long as this person for a motability car while others are getting cars delivered within a few weeks of ordering then thatā€™s when people get frustrated.

We all know about the world wide shortage of new cars, but when someone has been waiting as long as this person for a motability car while others are getting cars delivered within a few weeks of ordering then thatā€™s when people get frustrated.
Does it being a ā€œmotability carā€ make a difference?

Can anyone answer my question?
I ordered a MG Trophy in Battersea blue on 06/10/21 through Motability . After nine months I am still waiting for delivery. How long am I expected to wait? I am ready to give up had no help from Motability and dealership are mushrooms (
Although interest could be registered beforehand, I think the books on the facelift ZS EV didn't open until 01/11/21?? So the clock would officially start then if I recall rightly. Or is it the ICE ZS you ordered? Either way, I think the recent podcast(s) indicated something like a 9 month wait time currently, so even taking that October date as good you'd be looking at early July. I'm not sure that Motability makes any difference there...

Then there's a bunch of people who were told that MG is holding back their cars for registration until the change of plate, so there are 2021 orders that customers now won't receive until this September.

At this point, playing spin the bottle with a calendar will probably yield a more accurate date than any that you'll get from MG.

Just donā€™t know which one itā€™s on though, anyone know the names of the boats due in July at all??
Victorious Ace is a possibility for June deliveries. Just left Livorno, Italy

Adriatic Highway left Shanghai on 29 May, due Suez 11 June

Splendid Ace is due to arrive in Shanghai today

Can anyone answer my question?
I ordered a MG Trophy in Battersea blue on 06/10/21 through Motability . After nine months I am still waiting for delivery. How long am I expected to wait? I am ready to give up had no help from Motability and dealership are mushrooms (
Hi, I ordered my motability ZS Exclusive petrol auto back in November 15th. I was told to expect it April/May but when I phoned the dealer two weeks ago I was given the quite specific date of August 19th. I'm crossing my fingers!
Just as an aside, if you do decide to choose another vehicle, you'll wait ten months to a year to get anything. I've looked!

All of my colleagues who ordered EVs at the same time as me through our company scheme have either taken delivery or, at the very least, have a firm delivery date. The car park is filling up with Teslas, VWs, Hyundais etc.
Ordering a Tesla now has a 9 month waiting list. Lots of people prepared to splash out Ā£60k+ for them !

Jaguar iPace has no fixed delivery. Another Ā£65k+ EV that people buy.

Hyundai Ioniq is way more expensive than the MG ZS EV. The Kona is a smaller car and does not look or feel as premium a car as the ZS EV.

The Skoda Enyaq BEV is far more expensive than the ZS EV when you spec it out the same - though is a bit larger.

The VW ID3 interior is not a patch on the ZS EV, and is now just as hard to get new as the ZS EV.

Not defending MG, but where will you find a similarly sized BEV with the range, features and price of the ZS EV. It really is worth the wait - IMHO.

MG social media confirming a 9 month wait... Baffled why some customers were still being given a 4 month rolling date:

Was told my car was expected around the end of May, got a call on Thursday saying they expect the car to be with them on the 10th of June 'but no guarantees until it's actually arrived'.

Another week to wait but here's hoping. Black Trophy LR ordered Feb.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom