MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

When I first enquired at Chorley Group they quoted late Dec delivery if I ordered quickly. By the time I had quotes and decided on model and colour etc they were quoting Jan. Then after I ordered it was Jan but possibly Feb.... At this point I said if its arriving in Feb I'd rather take it in March anyway on a 22 plate.

Had an email today from salesperson stating system states end of April. I have asked if that likely to be best case scenario and could slip. I think if it goes much past that I would question whether I wanted to wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just as a matter of interest, don't want figures! What has the dealership said about the value they quoted for your PX - assuming you are PXing - if the value of your PX goes down (or in the strange world of secondhand cars we are currently experiencing)..it goes up?
Hi mate! I put an order in about the middle of August and was given an amount of P/X for my MB [ mod: Mercedes Benz ] B180. When I went to collect the middle of November, the dealer said the Mercedes had gone up in P/X value and gave me £500 extra on the trade-in!

Last edited by a moderator:
When I first enquired at Chorley Group they quoted late Dec delivery if I ordered quickly. By the time I had quotes and decided on model and colour etc they were quoting Jan. Then after I ordered it was Jan but possibly Feb.... At this point I said if its arriving in Feb I'd rather take it in March anyway on a 22 plate.

Had an email today from salesperson stating system states end of April. I have asked if that likely to be best case scenario and could slip. I think if it goes much past that I would question whether I wanted to wait.
I've been told May, but could be a little sooner, ordered from Chorley Group Burnley on 2nd Nov. Was originally told Jan.

I've been told May, but could be a little sooner, ordered from Chorley Group Burnley on 2nd Nov. Was originally told Jan.
Looks like the viking sea vechicle carrier is on its way to Bristol due to arrive 11th Feb it has come from shanghai hopefully carring boat load of mg ordered mine 1st November and told 5th Jan was at dock in Shangai waiting to be loaded so fingers crossed 🤞 it's nearly here

Looks like the viking sea vechicle carrier is on its way to Bristol due to arrive 11th Feb it has come from shanghai hopefully carring boat load of mg ordered mine 1st November and told 5th Jan was at dock in Shangai waiting to be loaded so fingers crossed 🤞 it's nearly here
Hopefully mine's on that one too. I'll keep an eye out across the Bristol Channel next Friday. If I see it, I'll take a picture and post it. :)

Hopefully mine's on that one too. I'll keep an eye out across the Bristol Channel next Friday. If I see it, I'll take a picture and post g

Hopefully mine's on that one too. I'll keep an eye out across the Bristol Channel next Friday. If I see it, I'll take a picture and post it. :)
Be great to see photo get another discussion going 😀 good luck and finger crossed to all those waiting 🙂

I ordered mine in November the day after the YT podcast. Was told dec/jan.
I got an email (in January) stating that the car is now expected on May. Whilst it is frustrating for us as buyers it must be more so for dealers as they don’t get paid until we get the car and pay up.
I will just wait and hope for the best, swearing under my breath the whole time.

No options elsewhere, just how things are out there ,hard to stay enthusiastic about the " waiting on new car " thing when it's so long

At least we are not wearing it out😂😂

I just hope they don’t bring out another new model that will do 400 miles on full charge whilst we are waiting. How would we get on could we cancel our order 🤔🤔

At least we are not wearing it out😂😂

I just hope they don’t bring out another new model that will do 400 miles on full charge whilst we are waiting. How would we get on could we cancel our order 🤔🤔
yes, it's totally up to you if you cancel or not. You may lose your deposit mine is £100 so no a lot of money. But I would sooner not lose it. However the chances of a 400 mile new model at the same price point is not going to happen anytime soon. Notwithstanding the dealers are still waiting on the delivery of the new lr model. Since its launch my dealership has had 2 LR ZS that's their total delivery so far.

yes, it's totally up to you if you cancel or not. You may lose your deposit mine is £100 so no a lot of money. But I would sooner not lose it. However the chances of a 400 mile new model at the same price point is not going to happen anytime soon. Notwithstanding the dealers are still waiting on the delivery of the new lr model. Since its launch my dealership has had 2 LR ZS that's their total delivery so far.
The deposits are refundable.

Speaking to my Kia dealer he said its near enough impossible to keep a deposit if a customer cancelled a order 👍

We have ordered two LR models that are an SE. I was tempted to go for the SR Trophy, but didn’t as dealer said we’d be waiting longer. Suspect he may have been talking rubbish…

Hi , im new here . we've ordered an MG ZS EV in August does anyone know any news of cars getting shipped in , The Garage keeps saying no word ? feel like we are getting mucked about . Said it would be middle September now saying possibly end of September . Thank you
YOU are lucky ordered a HS in September 13th still waiting now February. And heard nothing still from garage.

Yes, hoping that's the case, and that Bristol Port will post some pictures again so we can see what's on there!

Vanorama didn't have any change to give me about my estimated early April estimate, which has been stable for a couple of months now.
The called me last week to say moved to mid April… checked paper work and it states mid April anyway.

Maybe they told a batch of customers end of March? As mentioned pushed back 2 weeks

SR and LR Trophy models are almost the same weight (only 10kg more for LR) - I'm suspecting there is some software locked battery capacity in there in the SR which potentially can be enabled at the later date..........if true this might be working well for MG to manage the recent withdrawal of plug-in grant for higher priced model

Can Chorley MG make a deep dive into any SR's they already got and do a compare when they get hold of an LR ?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom