MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Is it a dealer or MG cancellations cos if dealer they will still get car and sell a the higher rate?

I'm pretty sure in the terms they can cancel and refund the deposit.
I know they can cancel but surely this order went through to MG, unless it didnt and the dealership somehow messed up and are trying to cover it up. But supposing the order went thought to MG then MG should be able to help somehow, customers cant be left hanging like this. It’s unacceptable in the current market where the average wait is over half a year! To cancel after half a year of waiting is despicable to say the least!

If you think of it like a new games console being released. People at various shops all over the country put in pre orders, release date comes around and shops get individual allocation and start working through their pre order list. Now someone in one shop might have pre ordered a month before someone in the shop next door who got theirs.

MG aren’t sitting with a list of all uk orders and allocating out by date order list. Cars are rocking up at Portbury and some poor sod has to try to spread out what stock they have randomly got so that there is a relatively even cover across the uk, otherwise, a single dealer in one town could snaffle a boat load if they got their orders in ‘first’ and the rest of the country would be on this forum asking why MG are only supplying 1 dealer! Just got to wait……
OK but I don't want a b..... games console
Exactly. And I'd really like to know that as well!
Hi, glad to hear at least 1 person agrees with me 👍

i have checked my contract and my dealer can cancel the order 3 months after the expected delivery date. Come the 1st December they can cancel my order. The contract is very clear that all they have to do is return my deposit in full and they have no further liability to me. Not good news for all of us with TBA as a date I presume.

Hopefully in the next few days we will understand what is going on. It could be one of many things. It could even be MG Darlington pulling the plug on MG because like other dealers they have seen no cars delivered when other dealers are getting some. We simply do not know and hopefully the members of the forum who got the news today will get info out of MG UK? I was only talking to my dealer this afternoon and there was no mention of cancellation of orders.
Hopefully another dealer will be able to help out the people who have been cancelled?

i have checked my contract and my dealer can cancel the order 3 months after the expected delivery date. Come the 1st December they can cancel my order. The contract is very clear that all they have to do is return my deposit in full and they have no further liability to me. Not good news for all of us with TBA as a date I presume.
Or very good news... Can never hit the 3 month mark if they never confirmed a date 🤣

If u got the 10 digit order no. Could it not just be taken up by a different dealer and the the dealer that cancelled will not get your order to sell?

Or very good news... Can never hit the 3 month mark if they never confirmed a date 🤣
Mine has an estimated date of the 1st September. I’m sure it will be hidden on the paperwork somewhere. All contracts have to have an end date to be legally enforceable. You can’t have an open ended contract.

Nissan opened Sunderland plant in 1984. A lot has changed since then. A Nissan Micra used to cost £4,995. Now they start(!) at £17,235.

In 2020, the cost of getting an MG from China to Portbury was around £200.
By January 2022, the cost was over £1000 (due to demand for international shipping, and high fuel prices).

The cost of taking the car from Portbury to a dealer (take Chorley as an average half-way up the country - some dealers will be more, some less) is around £200 per car (based on 10 cars on a wagon).
Actually Miles, Haltwhistle in Northumberland is the geographic centre of Great Britain and not Chorley 115 miles away.

Hopefully in the next few days we will understand what is going on. It could be one of many things. It could even be MG Darlington pulling the plug on MG because like other dealers they have seen no cars delivered when other dealers are getting some. We simply do not know and hopefully the members of the forum who got the news today will get info out of MG UK? I was only talking to my dealer this afternoon and there was no mention of cancellation of orders.
Hopefully another dealer will be able to help out the people who have been cancelled?
What iow dealer did you order from? Ordered mine from prem Newport on 12th April and not had any updates yet

Got the dreaded call today, update from MG saying nothing expected till 2023. Opted to cancel and just go for an in stock petrol HS. Maybe go electric when supplies get better. :(
Congratulations, the 4000th post on the 200th page of this thread.
Share Discover GIF

What iow dealer did you order from? Ordered mine from prem Newport on 12th April and not had any updates yet
Westridge Garage - Ryde.
If you only ordered on 12th April I would not expect any info yet. There was another member on a couple of weeks ago that ordered from Prem in Newport on 6th Jan that is still waiting.

Westridge Garage - Ryde.
If you only ordered on 12th April I would not expect any info yet. There was another member on a couple of weeks ago that ordered from Prem in Newport on 6th Jan that is still waiting.
I was going to go with Westridge, but when they said waiting times upto 18 months I went to prem cos they quoted Oct 1st for delivery

I was going to go with Westridge, but when they said waiting times upto 18 months I went to prem cos they quoted Oct 1st for delivery
When I ordered in Jan was given May delivery by Westridge. Would guess that both dealers do not have a scooby for timescales when deliveries will actually arrive. Both dealers are yet to receive one car since November last year if you exclude the demonstrators. All we can do is sit and wait to see what happens next.

Hi All.

I have been chasing Vanarama for some updates, has anyone received their ZS EV from Vanarama yet? See their email below:

"
Thanks for getting in touch, sorry for not replying sooner.

All of our MG ZS orders have factory build numbers starting with 30000, we just don’t have confirmed build slots from China yet. This is mainly due to the lockdowns of all the major cities in China, in the last few months.

As soon as we have further news, we will be in touch, but please let me know if you have any further questions."

Does any of this help us on knowing when we will get our vehicles? Their last "estimate" was August.
I had a phone call on Monday from vanarama advising me that they’ll phone me at the end of the week but to prepare for bad news. There cars haven’t been built yet but should be soon as the factory is starting up again but to expect delivery to be put back to possibly December (initially May, then September).

When I ordered in Jan was given May delivery by Westridge. Would guess that both dealers do not have a scooby for timescales when deliveries will actually arrive. Both dealers are yet to receive one car since November last year if you exclude the demonstrators. All we can do is sit and wait to see what happens next.
My only reassurance is that mine is through motability, which means dealers have to supply their orders before normal customers

My only reassurance is that mine is through motability, which means dealers have to supply their orders before normal customers
Snap - mine is Motability also. I spoke at length with Motability earlier this week and the Motability account manager for MG is now aware of the situation and arranging a meeting with MG UK to discuss what is going on with delivery.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom