MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

If MG are still prepared to supply the vehicle to the dealer then I don't see how the dealer can claim Force Majeure. The war in Ukraine does not in any way impede the dealer from retailing the car, brought to these shores by MG, to his customer.
As I said, they need to speak to the dealer to see on what basis they’re cancelling the order under the contract. It gives you the ability to then look into the reasoning further and push back with the dealer.

I am beginning to think it is only Darlington as no one from elsewhere on this forum has had their orders cancelled. I am gutted.

I ordered car on the 8th December and was told end of March but hopefully sooner. 1st April I was told by dealer “there is no way I told you March as we knew in December, no cars would be delivered until late June”. He obviously didn’t check the order form before he called me! Emailed them on the 11th June, replied 12th telling me it was now Sept/Oct. Phone me 15th June to cancel the order saying MG just could not supply the cars.

Mine was a cash/px sale with the gov grant. It does state on the order form that “All vehicles may be subject to price increase” but nothing about cancellation if not delivered within 3months of initial delivery date.

I also emailed MG on the 11th June and they have not had the decency to reply but I do know that in April my car didn’t have a build date.

Whatever the issue is doesn’t matter, I am without a car that I very much wanted and I am having to start to search again at a time when prices have increased, no gov grant and petrol thru the roof. Yesterday was a very sad day.
This is quite dreadful. I'm shocked. So sorry to hear about it and wish you all the best in your search.

I am beginning to think it is only Darlington as no one from elsewhere on this forum has had their orders cancelled. I am gutted.

I ordered car on the 8th December and was told end of March but hopefully sooner. 1st April I was told by dealer “there is no way I told you March as we knew in December, no cars would be delivered until late June”. He obviously didn’t check the order form before he called me! Emailed them on the 11th June, replied 12th telling me it was now Sept/Oct. Phone me 15th June to cancel the order saying MG just could not supply the cars.

Mine was a cash/px sale with the gov grant. It does state on the order form that “All vehicles may be subject to price increase” but nothing about cancellation if not delivered within 3months of initial delivery date.

I also emailed MG on the 11th June and they have not had the decency to reply but I do know that in April my car didn’t have a build date.

Whatever the issue is doesn’t matter, I am without a car that I very much wanted and I am having to start to search again at a time when prices have increased, no gov grant and petrol thru the roof. Yesterday was a very sad day.
Can i suggest that you call MG directly and via reception find out an appropriate person to contact, with an e-mail and if possible number. Even better if they can put you straight through.

Can i suggest that you call MG directly and via reception find out an appropriate person to contact, with an e-mail and if possible number. Even better if they can put you straight through.
Is there a number to call? I have only ever had an automated line with nobody answering.

No one has been able to reach anyone from MG directly through phone. Don’t waste your time and minutes.

Is there a number to call? I have only ever had an automated line with nobody answering.
If you mean the Call Centre number, then same here... never have I gotten an answer. Basically I'm convinced their customer advisors are actively avoiding direct contact.

In this case though with nothing to lose & sour grapes to fuel me, I'd be quite bolshy about it :LOL:. I'd maybe try going at from a different angle, until I can get someone on the phone.

I’ve looked on their car finder for new cars this morning and seen loads of very basic ads with little to no information which weren’t on a few days ago. Almost as if certain dealers are expecting new cars to arrive soon and not have buyers for them. Or they are starting to build the waiting list in anticipation of the order book opening again. Or just some incompetency?

Car cancelled

Just spoke to dealership again to see if there is anything they can do but he told me MG have cancelled and they can do nothing about it.

So maybe if you are still waiting, the same route should be expected in the days to come.

Do we know of anyone actually receiving a silver long range yet?
A few have been delivered - but not many. No SEs or TCs and 3 Trophys based on what's been said in the tracking thread.
silver_lrs.PNG

Car cancelled

Just spoke to dealership again to see if there is anything they can do but he told me MG have cancelled and they can do nothing about it.

So maybe if you are still waiting, the same route should be expected in the days to come.
when did you order out of interest?

Car cancelled

Canceled just like that? Did you ask how many orders were canceled altogether?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom