MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Sorry. I ordered in November 2021 a LR trophy in Silver
I had a phone call over a week ago from Vanarama. They said they were expecting an update within 5 days as to the status of my, (and the other 400!), order.
Iā€™ve heard nothing from them since so Iā€™m assuming there was no update. I have just emailed them as follows:
Further to our recent communication regard the delay in sourcing my order for an MG EV I was contacted by telephone over a week ago by someone from Vanarama, (I believe his name was Rob), who informed me that an update was expected from MG as to the status of, not only my order but I believe some 400 others, within 5 days. Those 5 days have long passed but I have heard no more.
As previously pointed out, the MG EV Facebook page has almost daily posts from people who ordered in the last few months and are already taking delivery of their vehicles whereas it would appear that no Vanarama orders are being fulfilled even though they were ordered as long ago as November and December.
Given that Vanarama are unable to provide the vehicle ordered and cannot give a date for delivery, I am considering taking advice as to my rights as a consumer having been advised by Vanarama that if I cancel my order I will be liable to pay for the installation of the charge point which had been included in the package.
I would remind you that in February I was told that my vehicle would arrive at the dealership on April 7th and that I would be able to collect it a few days after. As a result I agreed for the charge point to be installed on March 4th in readiness having spent over Ā£300 having an isolation switch fitted to my meter cupboard to satisfy the requirements of your installing company, Charge Point EV even though my Network Provider had said it wasnā€™t necessary.
Approximately 10 days after the charge point was installed I received a call from Vanarama informing me that the vehicle would not now arrive on the 7th April. No reason was given.
We are now nearly 8 months after ordering and nearly 3 since the delivery was cancelled and still have no information as to when the vehicle might arrive.
I should be grateful if you could provide some up to date information as to the status of my order.

Update from Hendy Exeter. Our White LR Trophy will be ready Wed or Thur this week coming. Typical we are away for a long weekend from Thursday morning but good news! Keeping fingers crossed.
This is great news. I am starting to feel hopefull as we are from the same dealer.
Do you mind asking Nigel if your status changed from TBA to At Sea to whatever or the car just appeared.
Thanks

Right, I have an idea..can you smell burning?..anyway, Iā€™m going to go to the dealership and stand outside in the car park, wave my hands around a bit and shout..abracadabra and see if my car appears..šŸ¤Ŗ

I had a phone call over a week ago from Vanarama. They said they were expecting an update within 5 days as to the status of my, (and the other 400!), order.
Iā€™ve heard nothing from them since so Iā€™m assuming there was no update. I have just emailed them as follows:
Further to our recent communication regard the delay in sourcing my order for an MG EV I was contacted by telephone over a week ago by someone from Vanarama, (I believe his name was Rob), who informed me that an update was expected from MG as to the status of, not only my order but I believe some 400 others, within 5 days. Those 5 days have long passed but I have heard no more.
As previously pointed out, the MG EV Facebook page has almost daily posts from people who ordered in the last few months and are already taking delivery of their vehicles whereas it would appear that no Vanarama orders are being fulfilled even though they were ordered as long ago as November and December.
Given that Vanarama are unable to provide the vehicle ordered and cannot give a date for delivery, I am considering taking advice as to my rights as a consumer having been advised by Vanarama that if I cancel my order I will be liable to pay for the installation of the charge point which had been included in the package.
I would remind you that in February I was told that my vehicle would arrive at the dealership on April 7th and that I would be able to collect it a few days after. As a result I agreed for the charge point to be installed on March 4th in readiness having spent over Ā£300 having an isolation switch fitted to my meter cupboard to satisfy the requirements of your installing company, Charge Point EV even though my Network Provider had said it wasnā€™t necessary.
Approximately 10 days after the charge point was installed I received a call from Vanarama informing me that the vehicle would not now arrive on the 7th April. No reason was given.
We are now nearly 8 months after ordering and nearly 3 since the delivery was cancelled and still have no information as to when the vehicle might arrive.
I should be grateful if you could provide some up to date information as to the status of my order.
Hi. I am in a similar position ( ordered Nov.21, charger install in March). I'll await the response to you from Vanarama with fingers crossed for a positive response. If not I'm off looking at alternatives.

Hi. I am in a similar position ( ordered Nov.21, charger install in March). I'll await the response to you from Vanarama with fingers crossed for a positive response. If not I'm off looking at alternatives.
Very similar to myself, early December order. Only difference is I held off the install with ChargedEV so will be paying part of the install cost myself.

What winds me up a bit (and I know that these circumstances couldnā€™t really be foreseen) is that when I ordered, I ended up agreeing to a slightly higher monthly payment in order to get one of their ā€˜pre-orderedā€˜ cars which was going to arrive a the end of April. I could have paid less but this would be a ā€™factory orderā€™. Itā€™s only a couple of Ā£ a month butā€¦.no car!

Something else which is annoying is, on their website they are quoting 5-6 months for an SR and approx 12 weeks average for a factory order LR. Not exactly accurate! Wonder if they are giving potential customers the true timescale?

I look forward to finding out what their response is to you. Iā€™m expecting a call from them by the end of next week with an update but canā€™t see it being positive.

Last edited:
Got a call this week, my Trophy LR in silver, ordered 6/12/21 will be ready for pick up Tuesday 28th June. Also just received a walk around video from my dealer, complete with a shot of my personalised number affixed. So now I believe it!
Great news šŸ‘šŸ‘ was there any pre warning like being built at sea or just a phone call, it's ready?? Again really happy for you šŸ‘

Great news šŸ‘šŸ‘ was there any pre warning like being built at sea or just a phone call, it's ready?? Again really happy for you šŸ‘
Just a phone call, was being updated every few weeks and the last update was not likely till September. This time I jokingly said, ā€hope you have good newsā€. Almost fell off my chair when I was told I could pick up a week later.

Just a phone call, was being updated every few weeks and the last update was not likely till September. This time I jokingly said, ā€hope you have good newsā€. Almost fell off my chair when I was told I could pick up a week later.
Congratulations nice to see more starting to come through , please post a photograph for all to see if you donā€™t mind , enjoy the new wheels.

What has happened to all the LR Trophy Connect models. Not seen or heard of any deliveries. It's almost as though they have fallen off the planet. And as usual not a word from MG.
It would be nice to hear something from them just once in a while. We are still here, still waiting.

What has happened to all the LR Trophy Connect models. Not seen or heard of any deliveries. It's almost as though they have fallen off the planet. And as usual not a word from MG.
It would be nice to hear something from them just once in a while. We are still here, still waiting.
I have mine, in black. Itā€™s two weeks old now! (A November order).

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom