MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

I contacted Mangoletsi today about stock.

They said the last one just sold earlier today...

Quoting 3-6 months lead time on new orders.

Which seems a little optimistic given the books are closed and even current orders are blowing way past that upper bound.

They are making stuff up.
Dealers must be so desperate that in order to get people through the doors they are making up stories and then they can hit you with the big sell when they get you face to face.
I had one salesman try and convince me that I could buy a car cheaper than Motability deal - was an interesting chat.

Hi, Your post has surprised me. We wanted to order the LR ZS EV when it was released in November. Our existing car was 3 years old and we had been told to order a replacement.
I spoke to Motability a number of times to ask if the LR was to be put on the scheme. Was told that I need to keep an eye on the car search tool on the website and if it becomes available it will be listed there. All you could order from the list was pre-facelift SR models. I told Motability that dealers cannot order that model - answer was that some dealers had stock hence still on the scheme.
I had to wait until the list was refreshed on 1st January before I could order because that was when the LR appeared on the list.
Have just found out from yourself that the list of cars on the scheme with all the agreed advance payments is not the list and it is possible to order other cars.
I only spoke to them three weeks ago and was told that if I cancel my order I could only choose another car off the list and the MG was no longer available to order.
I have a feedback call from Motability on Friday with the Manager in charge of the MG contract - will be interesting to learn his response.
Please advise which dealer you managed to get the special deal from?
Never know - I might be able to approach a Tesla dealer and see if they have any hidden deals not on the Motability website.
I was told that the LR version it's not currently available on the Motability scheme, that's why I am getting the SR version. I hope it's not the old faced version, that's not what I test drove and want.

The dealership is Wayland's, in Oxford.

I got a call from Tusker this morning. The SR Trophy Connect I ordered in January is being delivered to me next Weds, 6th July.

My first EV, exciting, but I will miss the Ford Focus, it was a lovely car to drive.
Out of interest did they give you any information regarding actual build date.
It seems that cars are just turning up out of the blue. Mine is showing TBA so I am hoping mine also appears from nowhere

I was told that the LR version it's not currently available on the Motability scheme, that's why I am getting the SR version. I hope it's not the old faced version, that's not what I test drove and want.

Waylands have been really good with me, updates every two weeks, even if to tell me no change, car arrived the day before they forecast.

Off topic I know but the new EV platform used for the MG 4 looks good. My ZS EV hasn’t arrived yet but I am already thinking about it’s replacement on that platform.

Hi Guys,
Anybody know what the process is for stating a new thread?
C46D8041-469F-4D06-81D5-E18B0B714765.jpeg

This button. But please do a quick search beforehand to ensure there isn’t an existing one.

Some is not all.

At least two dealers had stock a few weeks ago.

My dealer said they had several cars, but they couldn't allocate to me.

Some of the photos picture brand new cars on the actual dealer lots. A lot of dealers aren't great at updating, so it looks like most of them have been sold now, but it wasn't long ago that this happened.

I'd expect it to happen again as well over the months as stock might come, and some larger dealers have spare that they sell but don't offer to waiting customers.
This is where the system is wrong, dealers that get 'stock' cars offered by mg should be allowed to offer them to customers on there waiting list with no financial penalty to either dealer or customer.
I would like to hear what other members think about this.

Last edited:

Thanks - will discuss with Motability on Friday when they call me. Will be really interesting to see response. Still amazed that a dealer can offer a car that was removed off the scheme weeks ago.

Off topic I know but the new EV platform used for the MG 4 looks good. My ZS EV hasn’t arrived yet but I am already thinking about it’s replacement on that platform.
It does look good - pricing will be key. Best put down a deposit now, or you'll be dust & bone before you get one.

Out of interest did they give you any information regarding actual build date.
It seems that cars are just turning up out of the blue. Mine is showing TBA so I am hoping mine also appears from nowhere
No, it had been sitting as “Final delivery checks” for a few weeks and now it says “Delivery Arranged”. Had a Chassis number too but no build date.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom