MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

For you maybe. At least I know one way or another, since I don't get dealer updates.

Now whether their actual system is current is a different matter. Seems like only China knows what's really going on.
If I was waiting for SR delivery since January and seen all the stock orders and dealers currently offering SR in stock (just looked on Autotrader - brand new under £30K), I would have cancelled my order by now. It is disgraceful how Bodgerx has been treated by his dealer and MG UK.
D77161EF-0C9A-46BE-AD11-42567CAF3787.jpeg

If I was waiting for SR delivery since January and seen all the stock orders and dealers currently offering SR in stock (just looked on Autotrader - brand new under £30K), I would have cancelled my order by now. It is disgraceful how Bodgerx has been treated by his dealer and MG UK.
View attachment 9375
Autotrader has been shown to be misleading “in stock” actually means new orders… and I believe the order book is still closed but rumoured to reopen in Jul with price hike. Looking at that dealers own website, the only in-stock models are ICE.

Autotrader has been shown to be misleading “in stock” actually means new orders… and I believe the order book is still closed but rumoured to reopen in Jul with price hike. Looking at that dealers own website, the only in-stock models are ICE.
A lot of offers on Autotrader are to secure cars on order - Autotrader currently shows 106 offers on ZS EV’s. This advert actually states “In Stock” Chorley group had 60 SR stock cars given to them a few weeks ago - look at previous posts.

Although this one may well be, not every car on AT is actually available. It's been proven here so many times that "In Stock" doesn't actually mean they have the car. People are taking every single ad as good, rather than picking up the phone and checking which ones are kosher.

I don't disagree though that some customers have been treated terribly by their dealers. Whether or not they think it makes a difference, they will have to complain as vocally as they can to MG. It's them at the end of the day that seem to have no minimum standard for dealers that join their network, and had 'spare' SR cars to apparently give away but didn't take care of the waiting list first.

I question if Mangoletski update their website. They are still showing Motability having the LR ZS EV available. This was removed off the scheme months ago. Maybe worth a call to see what they really have?

On Friday the Motability scheme list of cars is updated. (They have a refresh every 3 months)
Currently there are only 65 EV choices on the scheme with the MG5 Exclusive being the only MG on the list. According to Motability this is still available as there are dealers with stock of this model. Currently the only option for me that is suitable is the Nissan Ayira but the advance payment is too much. Roll on Friday to see if there are any options added that are suitable for me? There could be a stock order Blue LR Trophy coming into one of the preferred dealers soon.

A lot of offers on Autotrader are to secure cars on order - Autotrader currently shows 106 offers on ZS EV’s. This advert actually states “In Stock” Chorley group had 60 SR stock cars given to them a few weeks ago - look at previous posts.
How come Chorley can always get hold of new mg's (Sr or lr) whenever they want when people have been waiting 7 or 8 months. Obviously there is some serious brown nosing going on!!!!

I question if Mangoletski update their website. They are still showing Motability having the LR ZS EV available. This was removed off the scheme months ago. Maybe worth a call to see what they really have?
Checkout their reviews, there is a lot of very dissatisfied customers

View attachment 9375
I put in a request with their sales team who have just called me back. They don't have any stock of Zs evs and don't know when they will be getting any. Quoted six months lead time on a new order. The last ZS EVs they had were sr. They said they are in the same situation as every other dealership.
A lot of this stuff online is being wrongly interpreted and is actually click bate. just saying. Their interpretation of stock is that they have a demonstrator but its not yet for sale. Auto trader advertising stretches the truth somewhat in that it says in stock but that doesn't mean they have stock that is for sale lol

Last edited:
On Friday the Motability scheme list of cars is updated. (They have a refresh every 3 months)
Currently there are only 65 EV choices on the scheme with the MG5 Exclusive being the only MG on the list. According to Motability this is still available as there are dealers with stock of this model. Currently the only option for me that is suitable is the Nissan Ayira but the advance payment is too much. Roll on Friday to see if there are any options added that are suitable for me? There could be a stock order Blue LR Trophy coming into one of the preferred dealers soon.
Hello everyone.
This is my first post on this forum.

Yesterday I ordered my first MG ZS Trophy EV SR in Dynamic Red through Motability.

I first checked its availability through Motability website a few weeks ago and I could see the ZS listed but then unlisted after I had test driven the car.

I assumed that I'd lost my chance of getting one.
I still went ahead and phoned the dealer and to my delight they put the order through, and I had a confirmation email by Motability that the order was indeed placed.

The dealer mentioned that they had pre ordered a few cars and did mention that I might be getting the car quicker than anticipated and that it might have the sunroof, which I would prefer.

I am not too fussed about how long it might take as I will have a car to go about until the replacement arrives.

The MG is my opportunity to be getting on the EV's world as I can't afford other brands of cars with the same size and specs.

So, if you are looking for the above car on the Motability scheme, it's worth a chat with your dealer.

How come Chorley can always get hold of new mg's (Sr or lr) whenever they want when people have been waiting 7 or 8 months. Obviously there is some serious brown nosing going on!!!!
There doesn't have to be anything nefarious to it, it may well be they were offered based on their size and sales history - not every dealer can sell 60+ cars in a matter of days. And as someone suggested, maybe some dealers have it in their agreement that MG supply them a minimum number of cars, but that's speculation.

Chorley are also a lot more switched on than many dealers I've spoken to that don't even have the initiative to chase their MG contact without being prompted 🤦‍♂️. Chorley, Luscombe's or whomever was given the chance, quite rightly took what was offered and got some income. I certainly wouldn't have said no...my only thought would've been to protect my business & pay my overheads. Someone at MG would have to explain why they didn't use these vehicles to clear waiting SR orders.

There doesn't have to be anything nefarious to it, it may well be they were offered based on their size and sales history - not every dealer can sell 60+ cars in a matter of days. And as someone suggested, maybe some dealers have it in their agreement that MG supply them a minimum number of cars, but that's speculation.

Chorley are also a lot more switched on than many dealers I've spoken to that don't even have the initiative to chase their MG contact without being prompted 🤦‍♂️. Chorley, Luscombe's or whomever was given the chance, quite rightly took what was offered and got some income. I certainly wouldn't have said no...my only thought would've been to protect my business & pay my overheads. Someone at MG would have to explain why they didn't use these vehicles to clear waiting SR orders.
Agree - also understand that the minimum number of cars works both ways. A few years ago the stock levels were not a problem and the dealers were getting cars delivered according to the agreed monthly supply and were having to hold stock whilst struggling to sell.

A lot of this stuff online is being wrongly interpreted and is actually click bate. just saying. Their interpretation of stock is that they have a demonstrator but its not yet for sale. Auto trader advertising stretches the truth somewhat in that it says in stock but that doesn't mean they have stock that is for sale lol

Some is not all.

At least two dealers had stock a few weeks ago.

My dealer said they had several cars, but they couldn't allocate to me.

Some of the photos picture brand new cars on the actual dealer lots. A lot of dealers aren't great at updating, so it looks like most of them have been sold now, but it wasn't long ago that this happened.

I'd expect it to happen again as well over the months as stock might come, and some larger dealers have spare that they sell but don't offer to waiting customers.

Hello everyone.
This is my first post on this forum.

Yesterday I ordered my first MG ZS Trophy EV SR in Dynamic Red through Motability.

I first checked its availability through Motability website a few weeks ago and I could see the ZS listed but then unlisted after I had test driven the car.

I assumed that I'd lost my chance of getting one.
I still went ahead and phoned the dealer and to my delight they put the order through, and I had a confirmation email by Motability that the order was indeed placed.

The dealer mentioned that they had pre ordered a few cars and did mention that I might be getting the car quicker than anticipated and that it might have the sunroof, which I would prefer.

I am not too fussed about how long it might take as I will have a car to go about until the replacement arrives.

The MG is my opportunity to be getting on the EV's world as I can't afford other brands of cars with the same size and specs.

So, if you are looking for the above car on the Motability scheme, it's worth a chat with your dealer.
Hi, Your post has surprised me. We wanted to order the LR ZS EV when it was released in November. Our existing car was 3 years old and we had been told to order a replacement.
I spoke to Motability a number of times to ask if the LR was to be put on the scheme. Was told that I need to keep an eye on the car search tool on the website and if it becomes available it will be listed there. All you could order from the list was pre-facelift SR models. I told Motability that dealers cannot order that model - answer was that some dealers had stock hence still on the scheme.
I had to wait until the list was refreshed on 1st January before I could order because that was when the LR appeared on the list.
Have just found out from yourself that the list of cars on the scheme with all the agreed advance payments is not the list and it is possible to order other cars.
I only spoke to them three weeks ago and was told that if I cancel my order I could only choose another car off the list and the MG was no longer available to order.
I have a feedback call from Motability on Friday with the Manager in charge of the MG contract - will be interesting to learn his response.
Please advise which dealer you managed to get the special deal from?
Never know - I might be able to approach a Tesla dealer and see if they have any hidden deals not on the Motability website.

I contacted Mangoletsi today about stock.

They said the last one just sold earlier today...

Quoting 3-6 months lead time on new orders.

Which seems a little optimistic given the books are closed and even current orders are blowing way past that upper bound.

They are making stuff up.

Some good news. MG have organised a party for all their customers waiting for their cars at the Albion Brewery in Bath . . . No, wait. That closed down a few years ago.

:)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom