MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

I had the same thought when I read it. Less than a 3 week wait is going to drive some people over the edge. šŸ˜‚

Itā€™s infuriating for those waiting, I do get that. However, itā€™s exceptionally good luck for the ones that manage to source one quickly. I did it when I first looked to order, I rang dozens of dealers to see if anyone had oneā€¦I came up empty handed and strangely most of them said they wouldnā€™t have stock until June/July. The dealer must have known it was coming though as you couldnā€™t take new orders as of the 11th June, so it had to be a cancelled order they knew they could reallocate.
If that's not an Aesop's Fable, then it's definitely a big old kick in the clackers as someone who is waiting. It's not down to the customer though, so I don't see the point in raining on their parade.

If an order is cancelled then there shouldn't be a car free to sell, MG should tell the dealership to move that car to a waiting customer. Maybe it's a fudged grant car, and the original buyer was diddled. I still can't wrap my head around what MG's process is šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«

All I can do is hope mine just turns up out of nowhere, because as of yesterday it isn't built yet.

I (apparently) must be lucky too . Assuming I get mine when I should as I ordered my SE LR only a couple of weeks ago > I ordered white as it was showing as 5-6 month delivery. I've checked a number of lease companies today and most are saying "coming soon" or "call for details" except vanarama which are offering SE SR's or LR's in a range of colours in 5- 8 months . Do they know something nobody else does?
Vanarama quoted me 3-4m when I ordered in Jan. That soon moved to Sept (8m). A few posts back you might see that it appears no one has received a car from them yet (despite some having ordered back in Nov).

I've placed my order for SR Trophy Connect in April through Tusker (fulfilled by Brindley Wolverhampton) with an estimated delivery date of late September. I've received an update today advising new lead time is now mid-April 2023.

I've questioned the change with Brindley, and their response was:
MG are estimating a 9 ā€“ 12 month lead time from the time your order was placed which was April 2022, therefore I have amended the delivery date to reflect the worse case scenario. This lead time applies to all models and colours of electric vehicles within the MG range.

Due to the unprecedented and undiminished demand for their EV range MG have taken the decision to temporarily suspend our ability to place new orders until they can reduce the lead times to an ā€˜acceptableā€™ level. Therefore, the lead time may change in the coming months.

I suppose the silver lining is that I own my current car so I'll just need to wait and see if the date changes again.

Vanarama quoted me 3-4m when I ordered in Jan. That soon moved to Sept (8m). A few posts back you might see that it appears no one has received a car from them yet (despite some having ordered back in Nov).

Well I have to say that none of this is filling me with much confidence in either Vanarama or MG!

I must admit, reading back at some unfortunate people looking at seafare routes and the names of ships expected at certain ports to get there hopes up, people being left with out vehicles for months, people losing out on the government grants (when they clearly ordered before the cut-off points), having no meaningful updates from MG, cars not being built then turning up a few days later, it all sounds rather bad from MGā€™s point of view. The information seems all rather disjointed and in most cases, non-existent. I am very fortunate, in that I was allowed to order a car (from the recent reasons I have since learned from joining this forum). I actually have a lease car that runs out in January, I can however return this car early at as small cost, should the car I am buying rock up early. I hope for my sake ( šŸ˜‚) and all of you whom have had cars on order for many months, that my car arrives late december / early January. I just do not want to go through the forecast hell of having an argument over the possibility it arrives next year without the sunroof, then being told, ā€take it or Leave it ā€œ. I will keep you informed. Please donā€™t stone me if it arrives in the next few months!! LOL. I have been told not being built yet, but we all know that is just a crock of horse crap, as it seems that formation is irrelevant.

Just to add to my previous post, before I ordered a ZS EV LR, I looked at ordering one on Tusker under Salaray Sacrifice Scheme. MG Had removed them from there site hence was unable to order one. Just checked today, the ZS (SR SE Only) and HS are back and available to order. Weird. Both have a lead time of 52 weeks though.

Just an update, picked up the ZS EV today. It's was well worth the wait. The amount of car you get for the price is brilliant.

Drives lovely, comfortable and nippy.

Also as an added bonus, I actually ordered the LR model not the SR I thought I was getting. So I'm happy with that.

Fingers crossed for those still waiting, you haven't got much more time to wait left.

Just an update, picked up the ZS EV today. It's was well worth the wait. The amount of car you get for the price is brilliant.

Drives lovely, comfortable and nippy.

Also as an added bonus, I actually ordered the LR model not the SR I thought I was getting. So I'm happy with that.

Fingers crossed for those still waiting, you haven't got much more time to wait left.
on Friday didn't your dealer say it was still at sea?

It is either one of two situations...

1. It was a cancelled order that nobody else at that dealer has wanted (down to colour and spec) and let's face it this is the unlikely scenario considering how long some people have been waiting.

2. the Dealer has seen an opportunity to sell at a higher price (because of removal of government grants etc) so that they can make a bit of profit while the others just continue to wait because whats a couple more months when you have been waiting since November.

I know which option I think has happened here :)

Either way, congrats with getting one, I compromised on colour to get mine early (had it for nearly a month) and love it, even the colour is growing on me.
I'm sure the pink will grow on you eventually lol

Even though it isn't the guys fault, he struck lucky, but there'll be some ruffled feathers tonight šŸ˜±
Sorry if I've ruffled feathers, that wasn't my intention. I just wanted to point out that there are a few cars around if you're lucky enough to find them. I've had confirmation that it's all PDI'd, fully charged and waiting for me in the morning. šŸ¤ž

Sorry if I've ruffled feathers, that wasn't my intention. I just wanted to point out that there are a few cars around if you're lucky enough to find them. I've had confirmation that it's all PDI'd, fully charged and waiting for me in the morning. šŸ¤ž
Out of interestā€¦ which dealer is it? Colour and spec? Youā€™re quite close to meā€¦so hoping my dealer hasnā€™t done what I think they may have doneā€¦

I have a build number.....what do I do? Could it be at sea, even as we write? This might just stop me cancelling my order....cause I am so fed up with this....

I have a build number.....what do I do? Could it be at sea, even as we write? This might just stop me cancelling my order....cause I am so fed up with this....
Email to [email protected]
Your order number is usually a 10 digit number starting with 30000
From this they may be able to give you a more informed estimation for the delivery than your dealer.

It is not your fault. The dealer must have been given a stock model to sell or got some special agreement to sell a cancelled order. They are not allowed to offer the car to people in the queue because they will risk a Ā£1500 fine for changing names on the existing customers order.

Please tell me it is not Blue. You already mentioned it was LR Trophy šŸ˜¬
There was a long range trophy blue for sale at the closest Dealer to me (Cwmbran) but I bought from MG Cinderfordā€¦affinity black TRophy,ā€¦lrā€¦ I did see a black trophy lr that had to be on affinity in bathā€¦on auto trader but it was Ā£4000 more then what we had it for!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom