MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Would be an idea to get your order number and question MG UK. They will advise when they think it was ordered and also any update for delivery. My order number was ten digit starting with 30000?????.
I understand that dealers had got stock orders in March and were asked to make sure that all stock orders were changed to have a customer name or be cancelled. I think many orders had names updated and when this happened the order date changed to the date that the name was changed. Therefore a November stock order became a March order for a named customer.

I am on the same boat. They called me back in April few times and tried to pursuade me to cancel it. I am no deposit 3 years 10K for £308. Cant find that deal anywhere now. From 16 - 20 weeks, 1st of Sep was a big jump but even that looks like a pie in the sky atm

It seems that pricing has gone crazy
Mine will be £395/month on a 1+47 lease @ 15kpa with a free charger
Couldn't see any better deals than that anywhere.
I'm currently paying £235 for an ICE Seat Arona FR Sport DSG on a 3+36 deal . The new price Is for the same car is around £390 for a 1+47 .
So going the ZS EV route seems to make perfect sense (I hope!)

It seems that pricing has gone crazy
Mine will be £395/month on a 1+47 lease @ 15kpa with a free charger
Couldn't see any better deals than that anywhere.
I'm currently paying £235 for an ICE Seat Arona FR Sport DSG on a 3+36 deal . The new price Is for the same car is around £390 for a 1+47 .
So going the ZS EV route seems to make perfect sense (I hope!)
That is not a bad deal considering fuel prices. What delivery time have they stated now?

I ordered from Vanarama in Nov 21:
ZS EV Trophy LR in Black.
10k miles per year.
36 month lease with no upfront payments.
Free charger.
Free 1st years insurance for myself plus one named driver.
£250 Black Friday cashback.
Monthly cost £306 inc VAT.

I think it is a couple of hundred more per month now. Maybe they are hoping I cancel?

Last edited:
I ordered from Vanarama:
ZS EV Trophy LR in Black.
10k miles per year.
36 month lease with no upfront payments.
Free charger.
Free 1st years insurance for myself plus one named driver.
£250 Black Friday cashback.
Monthly cost £306 inc VAT.

I think it is a couple of hundred more per month now. Maybe they are hoping I cancel?
I saw one black one on the road and part of me was thinking, i should have got that instead. Anyone had any updates from Vanarama?

No update here from Vanarama. I ordered 12 Dec ‘21:

ZS EV LR Trophy in White
12k miles per year
3+35 month lease.
Free charger (though I’m now paying part of it)
Free 1st year insurance
Monthly cost - £323 inc VAT

Received the following update from MGUK over the weekend on my order for my Long Range Trophy Connect (White) placed on Dec 5th 2021. :(

Hi Nigel,

Thank you for your patience.

Regarding your vehicle order, we can confirm it is still on shortage awaiting factory build and unfortunately we cannot confirm an exact arrival date until production commences.

There is currently a longer waiting time, which could take 8-9 months from the order date. Your order was placed on 7th December 2021 as is shown on our system, we believe the production for your vehicle shall start soon.

We would recommend you to follow this up again with your purchasing dealer in 1-2 months and you shall be able to hear some updates in due course.

For any new enquiry to MG, please kindly submit your query via our contact form, as this mailbox is not always monitored.

Thanks again for taking your time contacting MG Motor, we hope the above information helps.

Kind Regards,

MG Call Centre Team

MG Motor Call Centre
Word for word the same as the email I just received, hoping its just generic and our car is on a ship.

Hi, newbie here, been lurking through all the delivery angst.

There were definitely ZS EV LRs on the Adriatic Highway which docked in the early hours of yesterday. I know this as I'm picking mine up on Thursday. :cool:

Ordered 18th December.

There were definitely ZS EV LRs on the Adriatic Highway which docked in the early hours of yesterday. I know this as I'm picking mine up on Thursday. :cool:

Ordered 18th December.
Nobody likes a smart arse 😎

Ordered 18th December.
This is great news! Hopefully it means a few other people will get a call.

Now as shouting “abracadabra“ didn’t work, I popped up to the dealership, stood in the car park and pulled out my wand and waved it about, to see if that worked, no car appeared but a woman did let out a scream, so I put it back in my pocket and went home…stop making up your own jokes..
Those old spells don’t work - Harry Potter is the way forwards. Spell of choice - Expectum MG-Cario. Just draw a zigzag on your forehead and get a twig with a unicorn hair inside for a wand.

It’s easy - I tried it and dealers can now turn stock cars into customer cars without a £1500 fine 😉

Ordered 18th December.
It’s stuff like this that makes me wonder why I haven’t got my car?…ordered 17th December….ZS EV LR in silver, this guy is picking his up Thursday and ordered a day later, mine says it’s not even built yet..I just can’t believe what’s happening, well I can and do..

Those old spells don’t work - Harry Potter is the way forwards. Spell of choice - Expectum MG-Cario. Just draw a zigzag on your forehead and get a twig with a unicorn hair inside for a wand.

It’s easy - I tried it and dealers can now turn stock cars into customer cars without a £1500 fine 😉
Ahh, is that where I’ve gone wrong?…I’ve never ever seen a Harry Potter film, but I’ll give it a go, think I’ll practice first in the garden…so just back in, waved the twig a round a bit and said the magic words..and a bloody pyramid appears…must be the Coventry accent?

Ahh, is that where I’ve gone wrong?…I’ve never ever seen a Harry Potter film, but I’ll give it a go, think I’ll practice first in the garden…so just back in, waved the twig a round a bit and said the magic words..and a bloody pyramid appears…must be the Coventry accent?
Cape town highway is due at.Portbury Bristol on 30th. Does anyone know of any other ships due after this date.

Cape town highway is due at.Portbury Bristol on 30th. Does anyone know of any other ships due after this date.
A couple of July possibilities have been kindly posted by Oakers ⬇️:
Next ships in with potential MGs aboard:

• Adriatic Highway - due 25th June
  • Cape Town Highway - due 30th June
  • Galveston Highway - due 11th July
  • Viking Adventure - due 27th July - she hasn't stopped in Shanghai yet (and may not!) - but this is a usual MG delivery vessel, so one to keep an eye on over the next week to see where she goes after her visit to Japan.

Direct line £456.97 fully comp for me and my wife paying monthly.
Direct line, not one of the cheapest out there..and paying monthly..I hope to get mine cheaper than that..but there’s only going to be me on it…and I’ll probably pay for it in one go..

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom