MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Update to the above farce…….Dealer has now informed me that they are NOT prepared to bridge the gap of the 2.5k government grant that they seem to have messed up and that if I still want the car, I will have to pay it as they now will not “sit on the stock indefinitely until the appeal is processed”. If I’m not prepared to pay the extra 2.5k, they will simply refund the original £500 deposit to me and make the car available again for sale to anyone that wants it!
Absolutely fuming that this is their stance but at the end of the day, I know that they’ll just throw another few grand on the sticker price and flog it to anyone cos they can, and what can I do about it? Nothing!!
Long, tall & short of it is I’m allegedly picking it up tomorrow pm but another £2500 lighter in the wallet (unless by some miracle the appeal is successful with the government!). Never will I ever be using Chapel House dealership again, even for servicing!
Take your paperwork to a lawyer. They'll probably draft you a letter making it clear that you are paying the additional £2.5k under protest.

Paying up because the supplier has you over a barrel doesn't negate the fact that you have a contract to receive the goods at an agreed price. But don't take legal advice from the internet. See a lawyer. They deal with this sort of dispute on a daily basis.

Has anyone tried phoning MG UK directly to try and get a update on delivery of there car ?
I see lots of messages on here of people getting email replies , but none to say they have tried calling directly.

Has anyone tried phoning MG UK directly to try and get a update on delivery of there car ?
I see lots of messages on here of people getting email replies , but none to say they have tried calling directly.
I think a few people said they tried, but no one answered the phone.

Dublin is not big enough to take one of the lager vehicles transports that come in from China, most of time, the transports go to UK and then over to Zeebruggee after this and unload for the rest of Europe. If there are any cars for Ireland they are put on a smaller car transport and that comes from Europe into Dublin instead.
Just spoke to one of my Irish buddies that I used to work with. He told me that a lot of cars are delivered into Cork. Looked on Google Maps and by chance there is a car transporter ship in harbour off loading. See below.

They also get a lot of Cargo into Shannon Airport which has a very long runway. The runway was extended years ago to be an alternative runway should the space Shuttle miss Florida - next bit of land after USA. Bit of anorak info for you.
4F7DFC13-C763-4181-9B49-1B14E6C2E275.jpeg

I ordered mine though new car discount ZS EV Blue normal range in May, I was told that the car arrived in UK. Below is part of their email..

'We will be in touch to book delivery very soon, we are just waiting on MG offering us delivery dates, the car is in the UK so as soon as ready to be booked nick will be in touch'.

Good luck calling. Tried only yesterday every time it answers straight to music and after 60 seconds an automated voice says no one is available, please try later.

So Tusker phoned me yesterday to say my estimated order date of September has been moved back to Mid Feb 2023. They said that MG have just issued a blanket 12 month lead time from the order date now due to shortages.
Currently on the phone to them to see about alternative cars in stock...

I've just been going through my lease documents as I was becoming concerned about price increases and I can see that Novuna can increase my payments should there be an increase in the invoice price of the car Or VAT or some other bits and bobs . I'm assuming that as I only order the cr three weeks ago there won't be any changes. However, if that happens I can cancel my agreement if I've not accepted the car. I can keep my present car for six months under my lease agreement.
One thing I have noticed is that Vanarama quoted an xcess mileage charge of 15ppm but the finance documents state 9.91 ppm .

Ordered ZS SE LR in white.

So Tusker phoned me yesterday to say my estimated order date of September has been moved back to Mid Feb 2023. They said that MG have just issued a blanket 12 month lead time from the order date now due to shortages.
When did you place your order?

I'm in a similar position, but they advised my estimated delivery time will be mid/end of April 23!

If you log into Tusker, there is a page for "arriving soon" cars, but apart from Teslas Y, Genesis and Audi etrons, they don't seem to have anything else. I've looked at the Kia Sportage, but that's coming up £200 extra a month on a three-year term with a 7,500 miles allowance - compared to MG on 12,500 miles and a two-year lease. Not to mention the lead time for Kia is now around 24 weeks.

Would be interesting to know if Tusker offers you anything outside of that published list.

Mine has just updated from Sept to late Oct. Am devastated. Ordered Jan.

Who was your salesman? They're a bit of a mess there atm because their EV guy is going to be off for a couple of weeks with a family emergency.
so I did mine through Octopus, it was MG that told me they were my dealer. Will try give them a call and who knows they might allocate it to me.... :ROFLMAO:

Roadrunner, I find a letter to the CEO of MG may work wonders also most company’s don’t like bad publicity of any kind, so maybe a letter into BBC watchdog or your local paper, wouldn’t look at letters from solicitors as they work out at loads of money, asked for one a few months ago, £600, I said thanks, but no thanks, I just sent my own letter to the CEO and had managers jumping all over the place…good luck with the ongoing issues..

Roadrunner, I find a letter to the CEO of MG may work wonders also most company’s don’t like bad publicity of any kind, so maybe a letter into BBC watchdog or your local paper, wouldn’t look at letters from solicitors as they work out at loads of money, asked for one a few months ago, £600, I said thanks, but no thanks, I just sent my own letter to the CEO and had managers jumping all over the place…good luck with the ongoing issues..
Putting messages all over every social media platform usually has the same effect. Both for MG and the dealer in question.

I have come to the conclusion that nobody from the dealer to MGUK to SAIC know what each other are doing.

All the excuses contradict each other. I am fed up of being treated very poorly. I feel like I am almost begging for them to supply me with a car.

Basically if you order via a preferred dealer you have a better chance than if you go to a small dealer. I failed here going to a small local dealer.

If you commit to order a car you have less chance of getting it than if you tell all dealers to contact you once they have a car on their forecourt - guaranteed to get a car within a few weeks although you may have to travel to collect. Again failed here - they have me on a list, try to get more market share by releasing stock to people who are not prepared to wait, using all the parts up that was supposed to build my car.

I really can’t see a car materialising any time soon. They really don’t care - for every one of me there are a hundred that will buy the car.

Either sit and wait until MG decide to prioritise me to supply me a car over some dealers who need stock to sell, or worse still they could decide to cancel it because to supply my vehicle at the November 2021 price list is not as profitable as using the parts to make one without a sunroof and sell for a grand more.

It is disgraceful how we are being treated now and it is a concern how are they going to be if there are any problems with the cars once they are delivered - getting through to customer services is a joke.

That sucks, I spoke to Octo today aswell and got told they still expect my 1st September quoted date to be accurate but I seriously have my doubts (Silver LR connect ordered end of March)
Well, I can't see this happens... I asked if they received any and they said few but delivered to customers which ordered before me.... I ordered early January a pre-ordered car.
I did receive an order number but it was only 5 digits so not sure what info I can get from MG...
My gut feel is that we will be lucky to see the cars before Christmas.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom