MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

I can't believe the nerve of MG, they have just sent me an email inviting me to book a test drive in " the new MG4" what's the point if they can't supply us with the cars everybody has ordered since they unveiled the NEW ZS 😠😠😠

It should, I agree. But your posts do seem to insinuate that the delivery of the vehicle, is the persons fault. It is not. MG have created the delivery issue, not the person who has ordered. a vehicle. To claim someone is a “que jumper“ is petty IMOH.
I'm not implying that the customer who is lucky enough to get their car before people who ordered theirs MONTHS earlier, its that b....y mg obviously can't arrange a p..s up in a brewery. Sorry if I upset people with my previous rants as it DEFINITELY wasn't my intention.

I can't believe the nerve of MG, they have just sent me an email inviting me to book a test drive in " the new MG4" what's the point if they can't supply us with the cars everybody has ordered since they unveiled the NEW ZS 😠😠😠
I got this too. Not pleased, along with all the Facebook ads for the MG4.

Hi I am leasing a mg ev sr from motability , the dealers said September (holcroft), but I am thinking it will never happen also I have got a nice new charger hurray hurray still no car,I ordered it on the 21.4.2022 whats the score ☹️☹️😯

Hi I am leasing a mg ev sr from motability , the dealers said September (holcroft), but I am thinking it will never happen also I have got a nice new charger hurray hurray still no car,I ordered it on the 21.4.2022 whats the score ☹️☹️😯
September seems overly optimistic unless there was a preorder / cancellation that has been reassigned to you.
There’s an order tracker thread, based on that less than half of Nov orders have been fulfilled, so there’s some way to go. However, as you might have seen on here, others ordering later have seen their cars arrive sooner.

I ordered Holdcroft back in February 16th and currently my status is TBA

Right, I’ve had an idea, when your dealer says, your car is here, you tell him to give it to the person that’s been waiting the longest for that type of car (colour, spec etc) now as for the £1.5k payment to change names-fine, you pay that, now stay with me here, when you get to the top of the list, you get a car and someone else has paid the fine, so it doesn’t really cost you anything and if everyone does the same, it’ll only cost the last person on the list £1.5k…I don’t know how I come up with those brilliant ideas…I will say, I was out in the Porsche yesterday and got burnt to a crisp, maybe that had something to do with it..🤣🤣🤣

Right, I’ve had an idea, when your dealer says, your car is here, you tell him to give it to the person that’s been waiting the longest for that type of car (colour, spec etc) now as for the £1.5k payment to change names-fine, you pay that, now stay with me here, when you get to the top of the list, you get a car and someone else has paid the fine, so it doesn’t really cost you anything and if everyone does the same, it’ll only cost the last person on the list £1.5k…I don’t know how I come up with those brilliant ideas…I will say, I was out in the Porsche yesterday and got burnt to a crisp, maybe that had something to do with it..🤣🤣🤣
I'm just hoping for the car this year, anything sooner would be a bonus.

Galveston highway is anchored off Minehead waiting for the tide to go into rpd (was supposed to of got there 2100 yesterday)

My charger is sitting idle as well,it has been on my wall since end of Feb.

mmmmm this could be a potential mess that I'm in too. My deal is a five way agreement. MG/Vanarama/Dealer/ Novuna/ Me
Vanarama will be the registered keeper of the car with a contract to supply me, the hirer the car . But my finance agreement ( I'm leasing ) is with Novuna. My finance documents (signed on 24th June) say that Novuna may increase the monthly rental for a number of reasons.

"Rental payable under this agreement has been calculated on the assumption that there will be no change in :the estimated purchase price of the vehicle quoted by the manufacturer or supplier at the time Novuna Vehicle Solutions placed the order for the vehicle. Import duty. Tax law or practice, the rates of taxation or capital allowances or any other change which adversely affects our net after tax rate of return on our investment in the vehicle.If these assumptions are or become incorrect and we have not delivered the vehicle to you, you may terminate the agreement; or if you wish to take delivery of the vehicle we will be entitled to increase the rentals to compensate us for an reduction in our net after tax rate of return on our investment in the vehicle"

When does the dealer or Novuna pay for the car? At time of order or at another time?

I was told 5-6 months delivery which Vanarama are still quoting . The dealer apparently confirmed this to Vanarama who have told me I can expect delivery in late November.
My charger is being installed in September so it will be interesting to see what happens there if the car is delayed or cancelled.

This section is interesting too.

"If at any time during the period prior to the estimated delivery due date of the Vehicle the estimated delivery date is extended by more than 10 weeks, then, following receipt of 14 days prior written notice, either you or we have the right to terminate the Agreement without liability to the non-terminating party. Such notice will only terminate the hire agreement if the vehicle is not delivered before the date on which the notice expires."
are vanarama the registered keeper? I though they were just a broker. I would have thought in your case Novuna were the owner and keeper.

my outgoing lease was brokered by nationwide vehicle solutions but the owner and keeper were lex vehicle leasing.

And me the idle bugger has not done anything since it was installed. I must ring Ohme and ask about the warranty

And me the idle bugger has not done anything since it was installed. I must ring Ohme and ask about the warranty
Think it 3 years from install and the sim runs out after 3 years so the subscription on that will need some sort of renewal

are vanarama the registered keeper? I though they were just a broker. I would have thought in your case Novuna were the owner and keeper.

my outgoing lease was brokered by nationwide vehicle solutions but the owner and keeper were lex vehicle leasing.
Agreed. Novuna will be the owner.

Did you get a reply from Vanarana, in particular with respect to whether you'd have to pay for the charger if you cancelled due to the huge delivery delays?
They have confirmed that if I cancel the order for the car I would be liable for the cost of the charge point.
I had an email from them yesterday (8/7), informing me they were still awaiting an update from MG. It’s very unsatisfactory.

Had a bit of a non-update from Vanarama today. Still not seen any deliveries from they order and build dates all showing TBA. Still trying to push MG to give an accurate update.

From what we’ve seen, cars seem to randomly appear and based on the spreadsheet on this forum, about 30-40% of 2021 orders have been fulfilled so whilst it seems strange they’ve had none, hopefully it’s a matter of time before at least some of their orders are fulfilled.

I saw someone on here reference delivery of LR SE, and as they seen to be less common than Trophy models, hoping a decent shipment will see a chunk taken out of this order book.
I had an email from Vanarama yesterday informing me that they were still awaiting an update from MG as when their orders might be fulfilled. It seems none of the apparently, 400 orders placed in November last year have arrived and although they’re saying September, they really have no idea. I’m resigned to not seeing it this year. The alternative is cancelling but then I am liable for the cost of the charge point. I think it’s called “a rock and a hard place!”

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom