MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

I had an email from Vanarama yesterday informing me that they were still awaiting an update from MG as when their orders might be fulfilled. It seems none of the apparently, 400 orders placed in November last year have arrived and although they’re saying September, they really have no idea. I’m resigned to not seeing it this year. The alternative is cancelling but then I am liable for the cost of the charge point. I think it’s called “a rock and a hard place!”
Same here, you never know vanarama has a boat of their own docking soon 🥱🥱🥱

are vanarama the registered keeper? I though they were just a broker. I would have thought in your case Novuna were the owner and keeper.

my outgoing lease was brokered by nationwide vehicle solutions but the owner and keeper were lex vehicle leasing.
Yes I think you're right .
I have to say nationwide were really good with me last time around but just couldn't compete with the Vanarama deal this time .

Hi , im new here . we've ordered an MG ZS EV in August does anyone know any news of cars getting shipped in , The Garage keeps saying no word ? feel like we are getting mucked about . Said it would be middle September now saying possibly end of September . Thank you
I ordered November last year and still no delivery date. You might be lucky if your dealer has an order on the way or a cancellation but otherwise, join the queue!

I had an email from Vanarama yesterday informing me that they were still awaiting an update from MG as when their orders might be fulfilled. It seems none of the apparently, 400 orders placed in November last year have arrived and although they’re saying September, they really have no idea. I’m resigned to not seeing it this year. The alternative is cancelling but then I am liable for the cost of the charge point. I think it’s called “a rock and a hard place!”
Glad I'm not leasing.

Does anyone know why I can't seem to get updates on the 'Goodwood', as the last location I can get on vesseltracker is 24/6/22 off of Kuala Lumpur.

Glad I'm not leasing.
You keep saying that, but the reality is, in normal circumstances it isn't that bad.

I think the Vanarama thing is especially bad as they seem to be using another Intermediary. Tusker seem to be direct to dealer orders.

I have been promised delivery dates which come and go. What more frustrating I have pay for the car! They tell me the car is in the UK but where? I am just wandering if there is a Custom import hold up due to lack of staff?

I have been promised delivery dates which come and go. What more frustrating I have pay for the car! They tell me the car is in the UK but where? I am just wandering if there is a Custom import hold up due to lack of staff?
There's no custom's hold ups, it doesn't take 6 months to clear new cars of a ship.

If you are saying you have already paid for the car then you really shouldn't have. Deposit, yes, fully paid, no.

You keep saying that, but the reality is, in normal circumstances it isn't that bad.

I think the Vanarama thing is especially bad as they seem to be using another Intermediary. Tusker seem to be direct to dealer orders.
This is something that has concerned me but Vanarama haven’t addressed it when I’ve asked the question. They tell me that my car is coming via a dealership in Shrewsbury however they don’t appear to be MG main dealers. In fact they seem to be a used car dealership. That said, I doubt that dealership is the same for all Vanarama orders… But could there be an issue with Vanarama’s partners?

There's no custom's hold ups, it doesn't take 6 months to clear new cars of a ship.

If you are saying you have already paid for the car then you really shouldn't have. Deposit, yes, fully paid, no.
Thanks for your reply. Do you think I am entitled to compensation? Like a free service.

Thanks for your reply. Do you think I am entitled to compensation? Like a free service.
You’re contract likely confirms they will not provide any compensation. But, it would be highly unusual to take full payment for the car if they don’t have the goods to supply. You could at least ask them to return the funds to you, less the deposit, until they are in receipt of the actual car. At which time you can send the balance back to them.

Did you offer to pay the full balance or did they ask for it and on what basis?

This is to confirm we have received your email. We are currently gathering more information and will get back to you as soon as we can.

Thanks for your patience.

Kind regards,
MG Call Centre Team

Thank you for getting in touch with MG motor!

With regards to your query, your vehicle order status is currently on shortage awaiting factory build.

Please be advised we cannot confirm an exact arrival date until production has been confirmed. Also, we cannot provide a timescale of when production will commence.

At this moment, we only advise MG customers to continue to liaise with their purchasing MG dealer for upcoming delivery updates.

We're sorry for any inconvenience caused and your patience is much appreciated.

Kind regards,
MG Motor UK
__________________________________ N

So basically you lease it from a leasing company that's leasing it from another leasing company who presumably have bought the car from mg or they leasing it as well. Confusing or what🤔🤔🤔

You’re contract likely confirms they will not provide any compensation. But, it would be highly unusual to take full payment for the car if they don’t have the goods to supply. You could at least ask them to return the funds to you, less the deposit, until they are in receipt of the actual car. At which time you can send the balance back to them.

Did you offer to pay the full balance or did they ask for it and on what basis?
They ask for the payment three day before the agreed date of collection. Two days before they called me it wouldn't be ready but couldn't tell me why, but was in the country. They have offered me a courtesy car in the meantime and hope the car is ready for next week.

They ask for the payment three day before the agreed date of collection. Two days before they called me it wouldn't be ready but couldn't tell me why, but was in the country. They have offered me a courtesy car in the meantime and hope the car is ready for next week.
Oh, well in that case they are likely justified to request the payment. My contract confirms if I’m paying cash it has to be paid 10/5 working days prior to the car being provided to me dependent on the method of payment. I would presume there is a delay in getting the transporter arranged to deliver the car to the dealer. I think one of the ships was also slightly delayed in getting into port and could have missed the transporter that was due to take it. If they have offered you a courtesy car they have offered a way for you to mitigate your loss whilst there is a small delay with the car arriving.

My order is with Vanarama, a lease deal so probably different from yours but my point is that in February they told me the car would arrive on April 7th. It didn’t and they still haven’t explained why. They now say September (possibly), but I’ve stopped holding my breath.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom