MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

For those of you who have ordered through Tusker. Do you know what stage the car is at when you have been issued a chassis number?
Further along than me, that's for sure. Ordered in Jan, got pushed back again to Oct. Usual email from Tusker citing the standard stuff, 'you'll be the first to know etc'. No chassis number, just a 6 digit (I think) order number.

I normally check it every few weeks as otherwise it’s depressing but my current car is making a noise I don’t like so I thought I’d check it as I’d rather not spend another penny on the current one. Hopefully rumours of a giant boat of MG’s is true.

It wouldn't make sense to have separate threads for different cars because the delivery issue is exactly the same. Although this thread sits in the ZSEV area, it's open to shipping update comment for all models :)

It wouldn't make sense to have separate threads for different cars because the delivery issue is exactly the same. Although this thread sits in the ZSEV area, it's open to shipping update comment for all models :)
I wasn’t aware of that, but in any case, the comment was about the NCAP rating for the new MG ZS EV, and it was stated that the SR variant didn’t have MG Pilot. It actually wasn’t relevant to the ‘shipping update’ thread anyway, but thanks for the heads up!

Further along than me, that's for sure. Ordered in Jan, got pushed back again to Oct. Usual email from Tusker citing the standard stuff, 'you'll be the first to know etc'. No chassis number, just a 6 digit (I think) order number.
To MrMatt2101, Why would they give you a chassis number before you get your hands on the car? I have bought 6 or 7 new (1st reg) cars from various other manufacturers and have NEVER got the chassis number months, weeks or even days before I pick the car up.

[ Edited Coulomb: Combined two posts, changed "To ricardoellis" to "To MrMatt2101". ]

Last edited by a moderator:
To MrMatt2101, Why would they give you a chassis number before you get your hands on the car? I have bought 6 or 7 new (1st reg) cars from various other manufacturers and have NEVER got the chassis number months, weeks or even days before I pick the car up.

[ Edited Coulomb: Combined two posts, changed "To ricardoellis" to "To MrMatt2101". ]
Hi Ukchris, haven’t you worked out the MG delivery process yet? If your name begins with M then notify chassis number, if your name begins with C then notify at sea, any other letters advise TBA. It’s very logical when you think about it 😂

The chassis number is so the car can be registered while still in China, then it can be paid for in full, the dealer gets their commission a month earlier - everyone is happy, apart from the customer who now owns something they have never seen and if there are any problems have to negotiate refunds. That’s my best guess anyway?

No idea how but it appeared on the leasing website (Tusker) messaged the dealer who advised it will arrive in September. Although I ordered March I think this was ordered originally a few months earlier.

@Ukchris

The post doesn’t say he has a chassis number - just an order number

I've had my LR Trophy Connect order from Tusker approved by my Company, Early Jan delivery advised by Luscombes Leeds - They have some Red TCLR on order, so i "should" be getting a sunroof model.

I'm not holding my breath.

@Ukchris

The post doesn’t say he has a chassis number - just an order number
This chat was started by Ricardoellis who enquired about when chassis number is issued. A few weeks ago on the chat a number of people were advising that they were being issued with chassis numbers - one member actually got registration document before the car arrived at the dealer.
Search for chassis on this forum and you should be able to see some of the posts.

Hi Ukchris, haven’t you worked out the MG delivery process yet? If your name begins with M then notify chassis number, if your name begins with C then notify at sea, any other letters advise TBA. It’s very logical when you think about it 😂

The chassis number is so the car can be registered while still in China, then it can be paid for in full, the dealer gets their commission a month earlier - everyone is happy, apart from the customer who now owns something they have never seen and if there are any problems have to negotiate refunds. That’s my best guess anyway?
If that's the case, VERY DODGY.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom