MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Agree with you. Unfortunately we hear all about the bad news where people have problems and not so much about the people who have a good experience. When I read the thread where the steering came apart with no warning and then saw the response from the dealer I did find it concerning.
I have had issues with cars but never the steering wheel column failing.
I do tend to take these reports with a large pinch on salt tbh. A steering column fault as reported is clearly a one off and a warranty repair regardless of the purported dealerships response.

I am on the 7th change of delivery date. Finger cross to day is the date. But I wont hold my breath until I have got the steering wheel in my hand.

There should be an option 3. From the many stock cars that are on order you should be given the exact model that you ordered. They are still manufacturing the exact model that you ordered.
😂 Ain't going to happen, they are struggling with the orders they currently have!

I am on the 7th change of delivery date. Finger cross to day is the date. But I wont hold my breath until I have got the steering wheel in my hand.
Honestly, if they were messing me about this much I'd ask them to hold the deposit and return the rest of my cash...see how quickly they sort the issue then.

Good luck! Hope it goes well... share some pics if it does :)

I hope SAIC are pumping cars out at an alarming rate, because the Chinese government is struggling to contain Covid cases in Shanghai and there is talk in the news that there may be another lockdown. That's all we need..!!

I got the long-awaited call from the dealer. My car has arrived, got to them this morning, and it should be ready for collection next week.

Order: Black, LR "Exclusive". Ordered on Dec 14th from Sheils in Galway, Ireland.
(Ireland only has two models, Excite (no sunroof) and Exclusive (sunroof))

I think the ZS is too new to get an overall picture on reliability. The steering column thing is hopefully a glitch, but older models like the MG6 etc. don't have a good rep for sure.

There is the long warranty as well I suppose, but quality isn't all about whether it's going to start falling apart in 3 years.
But fact that it a 5 star ncap rating surely helps, as the older mg models only managed 3 star ncap.

I am still trying to get my head around having to pay for the car before it arrives at the dealer?
I have purchased a number of cars in the past and always left a deposit and then paid the balance upon collection after examining the car to make sure I am happy.
My car is through Motability so have no idea what their arrangement to pay is for them. I do not pay a deposit and upon delivery I have to take a special code sent to me from Motability to be able to collect the car and then have to pay the dealer the advance payment which in my case is about £1100 from memory.
Is this pre-payment just an MG thing?

I am still trying to get my head around having to pay for the car before it arrives at the dealer?
I have purchased a number of cars in the past and always left a deposit and then paid the balance upon collection after examining the car to make sure I am happy.
My car is through Motability so have no idea what their arrangement to pay is for them. I do not pay a deposit and upon delivery I have to take a special code sent to me from Motability to be able to collect the car and then have to pay the dealer the advance payment which in my case is about £1100 from memory.
Is this pre-payment just an MG thing?
No same for all makes of car if an advance payment is required you pay upon collection. Some have no advance payment and then you just turn up with pin number from Motability and off you go.

But fact that it a 5 star ncap rating surely helps, as the older mg models only managed 3 star ncap.
I do believe i read the SR got a lower rating as it din't have ACC/LKA etc .

A car from 10 years ago that had a 5* rating would be lucky to get 2* now due to the lack of modern bells and whistle.

Hallelujah Hallelujah I have now just received the car in my hands with a 89% charge battery.
I took out a two year service plan total price: £149.18. I don't know if that is the standard going price for Guilford Surrey area?
Congratulations 😂. You must be ecstatic! When was the car actually shipped here?

Can't comment on the service plan but there are threads on it that contain some helpful things to look out for:
Perforation check (needed for paint warranty) is not included in the low mileage plans and some dealers charge extra for this... I was quoted £34 for the perforation inspection ... Although if you need any updates (which MG usually pay the dealers to do them) ..then you can negotiate it for free... Or get the update and perforation inspection done together elsewhere for free.

I don't know if I am ecstatic its more of the case of been stress relieved of all the problems!
Now come the time to get grip with the new technology from the previous model, what fun.
I kept the a dash cam from previous car NextBase but I see the lead is not very adaptable. Is there a shorter lead one can buy?

I don't know if I am ecstatic its more of the case of been stress relieved of all the problems!
Now come the time to get grip with the new technology from the previous model, what fun.
I kept the a dash cam from previous car NextBase but I see the lead is not very adaptable. Is there a shorter lead one can buy?
just tuck the excesses in the roof liner.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom