MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

The fine may well have been an empty threat in the hope the majority would be cancelled and not transferred or they’re selecting a few cars for each dealer to check. Some dealers may have got the consent or are chancing a fine knowing it’s covered in the premium they can sell the car for due to demand.
You may well be correct here Emma, as I was told by my dealer that after the first of July, all the stock orders they had We’re promptly cancelled by MG.

Whether this is true or not, who knows.

One thing is pretty much clear, the whole ordering / purchasing of MG vehicles is absolutely dire and is peppered with holes and inconsistencies (well in my view).

An update from Baylis MG, Glos

They had a visit from their MG regional manager yesterday, who informed them that EVs should be arriving by the end of the year.

I placed my order on the 4th Dec for a Trophy LR in Blue.
'Start arriving by end of the year'!! What is he personally walking🚶‍♂️ over to drive them back🤣🤣🤣

Just picked up my MG ZS EV. Had a quick spin in city traffic. Have a longer drive home to get used to it. But loving it so far even though there is a lot to figure out and settings to find.

Ordered in Dec 14th picked up at Shiels Galway today July 21st.

I'll miss this thread, and wish everyone waiting a speedy delivery.

Just picked up my MG ZS EV. Had a quick spin in city traffic. Have a longer drive home to get used to it. But loving it so far even though there is a lot to figure out and settings to find.

Ordered in Dec 14th picked up at Shiels Galway today July 21st.

I'll miss this thread, and wish everyone waiting a speedy delivery.
Feel free to come back and gloat, when we are all sitting (spelling?? 🤣) on commodes and being fed through a straw!!

Well, just checked my Octopus order tracker, and its been updated from 1st September 2022 to 31st December 2022, that feels like another finger in the air date....

I have reached out to OctopusEV to find out if they have had any info....

TCLR in silver. Ordered in March.

Last edited:
Well, just checked my Octopus order tracker, and its been updated from 1st September 2022 to 31st December 2022, that feels like another finger in the air date....

I have reached out to OctopusEV to find out if they have had any info....

TCLR in silver.
When did you order

I hope MG have got a big boat or boats ! 14.6 thousand orders ,I've got no chance on getting my car (ordered in April 2022) don't know if its true hyundai are guaranteeing orders for September!

Thanks, they are just guessing

Leased ones seem to be struggling even more, dont know why or how
Just had a general response from octopus with the promise of a personal one in the next few days.

"Thank you for your email and I hope you are well. We heard from MG in the last day or so letting us know we will be expecting delays on some vehicles but they didn't specify when so we were waiting to hear before getting in touch with the drivers. We haven't been in touch with you directly about this yet as we have been left in the dark and unsure what was happening but these have come through today and these are just general delays which they are experiencing across the board unfortunately. There will be an email heading your way shortly on this topic to inform you as I appreciate you have just picked up on this rather than us reaching out.
I do apoloise on behalf of the dealer about this delivery though, I can appreciate the frustration this will cause and inconvenience.
Please let me know if you have any further queries at the time being, we will be in touch shortly."

It's nice that I am getting quite a personal reply (although that may be because I'm my companies salary sacrifice admin with Octopus!!).

From what I have seen in earlier posts in this thread, dealers don't see lease orders as a priority so they may be being bumped down the queue.

Like a lot of people here I ordered the vehicle cos of the features I could get at the price point when I ordered, there is nothing close to that at the same monthly price, especially now, so I'm just gonna have to sit and wait unless I give up on an EV completely or commit to a much higher fee.

Just means my current car has to make it through another MOT now 😬😬😬

Just had a general response from octopus with the promise of a personal one in the next few days.

"Thank you for your email and I hope you are well. We heard from MG in the last day or so letting us know we will be expecting delays on some vehicles but they didn't specify when so we were waiting to hear before getting in touch with the drivers. We haven't been in touch with you directly about this yet as we have been left in the dark and unsure what was happening but these have come through today and these are just general delays which they are experiencing across the board unfortunately. There will be an email heading your way shortly on this topic to inform you as I appreciate you have just picked up on this rather than us reaching out.
I do apoloise on behalf of the dealer about this delivery though, I can appreciate the frustration this will cause and inconvenience.
Please let me know if you have any further queries at the time being, we will be in touch shortly."

It's nice that I am getting quite a personal reply (although that may be because I'm my companies salary sacrifice admin with Octopus!!).

From what I have seen in earlier posts in this thread, dealers don't see lease orders as a priority so they may be being bumped down the queue.

Like a lot of people here I ordered the vehicle cos of the features I could get at the price point when I ordered, there is nothing close to that at the same monthly price, especially now, so I'm just gonna have to sit and wait unless I give up on an EV completely or commit to a much higher fee.

resign your self poss christmas press way its going. read this thread just for fun

Totally agree with your point on that. Got similar response from Vanarama on delays. They are not willing to commit to a specific year never mind day or month. It is understandable to have delays across the board but they should be consistant rather than some stock cars turning up before old orders have been fullfilled regardless of who they are from

Totally agree with your point on that. Got similar response from Vanarama on delays. They are not willing to commit to a specific year never mind day or month. It is understandable to have delays across the board but they should be consistant rather than some stock cars turning up before old orders have been fullfilled regardless of who they are from

Oh absolutely. My new estimates delivery date is 31st December, that is obviously a placeholder, so I'll see if it updates again in the next few days.

resign your self poss christmas press way its going. read this thread just for fun
Yup, to be honest I've been expecting this email for a while now. I even poked them a few times this month trying to, in the nicest possible way, tell them I didn't believe the delivery date and could they let me know a more realistic one 😂😂

Between me and my wife we've seen 4 transporters loaded with MGs on the M5 and M4 today. Not sure how many were ICE ZS but there were definitely a bunch of ZS' and an MG5 on it's way somewhere.

Either clearing portbury of a previous delivery in anticipation of needing the space or they've just had a delivery.. just glad to see some on the move!

Oh absolutely. My new estimates delivery date is 31st December, that is obviously a placeholder, so I'll see if it updates again in the next few days.
Realistic date for your MG to arrive depends on which route Santa takes this year 🤣 a full size ZS might not be possible but there is every chance you may be able to get a hot rod version of it, definitely made in china in a factory close to your MG missing its vital parts

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom