MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

That doesn't give me a lot of confidence on my so called September delivery. I can't see many people dealing with MG for another car after this.
To be honest, yes the comms are appalling, but it’s no different for other companies, my colleague has been waiting for a VW Touareg for nearly a year now and it’s not in build yet, ford have stopped custom orders of Fiesta and are only offering standard configs until further notice, and the octopusEV portal have ‘longer delivery’ tags on nearly half the cars on there! (Ironically though, NOT on the ZS EV!!!!!)

Had a slightly different response from MG UK today than the usual copy and paste reply.

Thank you for getting in touch.

Regarding your vehicle order, it is currently still on shortage awaiting factory build and we cannot confirm the exact arrival date until production commences.

There is currently a longer waiting time, which could take 8-9 months from the order date, however, the delivery ETA varies by each car spec.

As your order was placed in January, we believe it is not long for it to be fulfilled. We would recommend you to follow this up again with your purchasing dealer in 2 months and hopefully you would be able to hear some updates in due course.

Thanks again for taking your time contacting MG Motor, we hope the above information helps.

Had a slightly different response from MG UK today than the usual copy and paste reply.

Regarding your vehicle order, it is currently still on shortage awaiting factory build and we cannot confirm the exact arrival date until production commences.

There is currently a longer waiting time, which could take 8-9 months from the order date, however, the delivery ETA varies by each car spec.

As your order was placed in January, we believe it is not long for it to be fulfilled. We would recommend you to follow this up again with your purchasing dealer in 2 months and hopefully you would be able to hear some updates in due course.

Thanks again for taking your time contacting MG Motor, we hope the above information helps.

I feel like someone has posted that response before, I think it might be in MGs playbook listed under "copy_and_paste_default_response_NEW_USETHISONE"

Just heard from Chorley Group. 4 transporters arrived out of the blue with MGs and Nissans, including my Silver Trophy Connect Lo g range that I ordered on 21st November. Collecting it next week.
Will update tracker once I have my grubby hands on it.
Congrats! I wonder when those arrived here.

This is the kind of news that's good to read - I hope that come September MG have cleared a good few more.

Just picked up my MG ZS EV. Had a quick spin in city traffic. Have a longer drive home to get used to it. But loving it so far even though there is a lot to figure out and settings to find.

Ordered in Dec 14th picked up at Shiels Galway today July 21st.

I'll miss this thread, and wish everyone waiting a speedy delivery.
Another Scotland order delivered...

I feel like someone has posted that response before, I think it might be in MGs playbook listed under "copy_and_paste_default_response_NEW_USETHISONE"
Yes, and I think a lot of people joining this thread are repeating the same mistake of late - getting the same response from MG and also asking the same questions and making the same points that have been brought up multiple times before.

Just a little bit of reading a few pages back would save time.

That doesn't give me a lot of confidence on my so called September delivery. I can't see many people dealing with MG for another car after this.
In my view, the best thing MG have had is value for money. If you can not get the bloody car, what else is left?

The price is rising (now that thier master plan is coming to fruition) , so what is left? Shocking comms, order a car and get delivery in four months (proven crap), no after sales comms, zero reports on status of order, lies, lies and video tape (well you tube), only thing left for MG marketing, is to get the proven liar of the king of fantasy, Sir Boris of Johnson, in at the helm so he can post “wibble”: to every question posed from a buyer/potential buyer. “Phwaaa phwaa, and some more Phwaa.

I have no doubt that most vehicle manufactures are having serious head aches re: production and meeting demand. However, MG really need to learn customer relations, should they wish to be a mayor player (good or bad, justa the truth please!!)

Still interested in Bodgers point. Why the comment Bodge-boy? We all gonna turn on each other cause some member gets a car before another?.

apologies if i have this wrong, text can be confusing lol, but i take it from your arse post, that you are miffed that someone from Scotland (lol) Ireland, has been bestowed the fabled ZS EV

Any similarities to the email I got from MG UK on 5th July ?

Thank you for your correspondence and I’m sorry to hear your disappointment about the late delivery.

We would like to let you know that the New MG ZS EV Long Range has been an incredible success since its launch, there has been a high demand on this vehicle.
We understand your frustration, unfortunately, as my colleague has suggested, we cannot confirm the exact arrival date until production of your vehicle starts.

Current lead time is 8-9 months from the order date, however, please be advised that the ETA is subject to change, depending on a number of factors, including but not limited to shortage of semi-conductors, logistic challenge, etc.

MG fulfils customer orders including the retail and motability customer orders as per the oldest order date, however, the production date varies by car spec, hence it is not always comparable with other orders.

For the dealer stock on Autotrader, I’m afraid that we cannot comment on this without further looking into it in detail. However, if the dealer has the stock arriving, it could only be the case that the dealer stock was ordered before your vehicle order.

As your order was placed in January, we believe it is not long for your order to be fulfilled. We would recommend you to follow this up again with your purchasing dealer in 2 months and hopefully you would be able to hear some updates in due course.

Still interested in Bodgers point. Why the comment Bodge-boy? We all gonna turn on each other cause some member gets a car before another?.

apologies if i have this wrong, text can be confusing lol, but i take it from your arse post, that you are miffed that someone from Scotland (lol) Ireland, has been bestowed the fabled ZS EV
No, relax, it was mearly an observation- if you read back in the thread there have been a few deliveries to Scotland based posters.

As mentioned previously, confused with Galloway.

Just had a general response from octopus with the promise of a personal one in the next few days.

"Thank you for your email and I hope you are well. We heard from MG in the last day or so letting us know we will be expecting delays on some vehicles but they didn't specify when so we were waiting to hear before getting in touch with the drivers. We haven't been in touch with you directly about this yet as we have been left in the dark and unsure what was happening but these have come through today and these are just general delays which they are experiencing across the board unfortunately. There will be an email heading your way shortly on this topic to inform you as I appreciate you have just picked up on this rather than us reaching out.
I do apoloise on behalf of the dealer about this delivery though, I can appreciate the frustration this will cause and inconvenience.
Please let me know if you have any further queries at the time being, we will be in touch shortly."

It's nice that I am getting quite a personal reply (although that may be because I'm my companies salary sacrifice admin with Octopus!!).

From what I have seen in earlier posts in this thread, dealers don't see lease orders as a priority so they may be being bumped down the queue.

Like a lot of people here I ordered the vehicle cos of the features I could get at the price point when I ordered, there is nothing close to that at the same monthly price, especially now, so I'm just gonna have to sit and wait unless I give up on an EV completely or commit to a much higher fee.

Just means my current car has to make it through another MOT now 😬😬😬
I've saw a few comments about lease deals not been as important as a PCP, cash, hp etc but I spoke to my dealer regarding this and she said they don't see it as a lease on the system they just see my finance company which is mg finance it may be different for certain companies but mine was ordered direct from the main dealer hope that helps

I've saw a few comments about lease deals not been as important as a PCP, cash, hp etc but I spoke to my dealer regarding this and she said they don't see it as a lease on the system they just see my finance company which is mg finance it may be different for certain companies but mine was ordered direct from the main dealer hope that helps
Ahhh fair, although if your lease is through MG then that would be why MG finance comes up. My leave is with OctopusEV so, like Vanarama/Tusker it would be easy to single out as a lease deal and therefore low value/less important than looking after a direct private customer.

Well at least some part of the factory seems to be working :LOL:

It's amazing how MG have managed to build all these MG4's to completion and ready for shipping to Europe with all the build shortages there are at the moment. I wonder how many parts from other models have gone into finishing their flagship new car.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom