MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Not jealous 🤢, much🤬but that's the exact spec car I ordered in November from Vanarama and still awaiting delivery. Enjoy!!
This is the second car I was offered in the space of 6 weeks.. I was offered the same car in White sometime in June. I suppose it could be that the dealer group have some cancellations, so there just offering them up the chain to the next customer waiting for that model. I've seen so many messages about Vanarama on here, Can only assume that either no-one has cancelled an order (highly unlikely with the forever extending wait times, or that for some reason they can't get hold of any stock, whilst other dealers seem to be able to).. Maybe Vanarama and MG GB have had a falling out and there now back of the Que for any stock??

This is the second car I was offered in the space of 6 weeks.. I was offered the same car in White sometime in June. I suppose it could be that the dealer group have some cancellations, so there just offering them up the chain to the next customer waiting for that model. I've seen so many messages about Vanarama on here, Can only assume that either no-one has cancelled an order (highly unlikely with the forever extending wait times, or that for some reason they can't get hold of any stock, whilst other dealers seem to be able to).. Maybe Vanarama and MG GB have had a falling out and there now back of the Que for any stock??
Had a conversation with dealer used by Vanarama to order cars. None arrived yet, none in the process of being shipped.

They have been assured by MG that by end of this year all of these 400 odd orders will be fulfilled. MG does not update dealer on build stages but only updates them when they are built and on the sea

Hey all, as with many I've followed this stream but haven't posted til now.

I've got a TLR in Silver on order via Vanarama - ordered late November 2021.

As with others, I've thought about cancelling but the deal I got was just too good. Circa £300 for 20k miles a year for 3 years. I do a lot of company miles so the MG made sense, I had a look at the few others but tbh the £ and Spec just made the ZS a no brainer.

I've attempted to pin Vanarama down to no avail and I've spoken to Novuna (formally Hitachi) but because the vehicle is through a broker they pass the buck.

It's frustrating, but I'm going to hold out, borrowing a mates Zoe to get used to Leccy vehicle and fortunate to have another car I can use if I need too. Just ICE cars aren't very lucrative in mileage with the price of petrol atm 🤣🤣

Thanks to everyone who has been posting and keeping the stream going, it's really interesting to see everyone's experiences.

Don’t think I’ll bail out, apart from the fact some of us have had a free charger fitted, some have got really cheap deals (unfortunately I didn’t) which you won’t get anywhere near now if you want to lease. Also getting it from anywhere else will take longer if you cancel and start again. People leasing with vanarama are possibly only looking at leasing.

even my deal which isn’t anywhere near as cheap as others have is about £60pm cheaper than the equivalent deal now and that wouldn’t have the sunroof.

I have looked at other cars, particularly the Niro EV 3, staying with vanarama so I wouldn’t have to pay the charger cost and it’s about £100pm more expensive over 5 years as opposed to the 3 years I have leased the mg for. I don’t really want to pay over £30k to lease a car that costs £39k
That's the reason why I don't lease, you never own the car!

I will be glad when all of the November / December 2021 orders have been for filled you have all been waiting patiently. Then maybe my January order for monument silver LRTC might appear November / December fingers crossed

We had to look at every option, but nothing compared to the spec that the MG came with.. even if not perfect it has plenty of tech that other "premium" brands want to charge extra for.

Especially eye-watering when we're needing to buy two, all of a sudden costs jump by anything from £10k upwards for an alternative with inferior equipment, so I'm pretending I haven't ordered it and will be surprised when I get the phone call.

Late January order so I'm hoping it does come before November, means I have to spend a fortune on a service for the current car though! :-(
I was the same with my current lease. It’s due to end in mid October but I’m handing it back early as I would need to renew my insurance, get a major service and mot so to keep it for the extra couple of months it would cost me an extra £1500. So fingers crossed it comes before end of year!

That's the reason why I don't lease, you never own the car!
Fine, but the actual ownership experience of leasing for me was no different to full ownership, I didn't feel any different about the car and had minimal obligations.

The deal on my last car was £220 per month for 2 years, fully maintained, zero down for a 38kwh Ioniq. No purchase option came anywhere close.

Fine, but the actual ownership experience of leasing for me was no different to full ownership, I didn't feel any different about the car and had minimal obligations.

The deal on my last car was £220 per month for 2 years, fully maintained, zero down for a 38kwh Ioniq. No purchase option came anywhere close.

£5,000 spent and you have nothing at the end of it?

What would you get for £5k, what would it be worth after 2 years, how much extra would you have spent just to keep it running and can you just get the dealer to fix any problems you get under warranty?

I was just wondering that’s all :)

If you purchase a car the payments made create equity into the car. Renting means you have no ownership or equity in the car. You could lease EVs for 10 years and spend literally thousands of pounds but actually own nothing at the end of it.

EVs have very long lives, much more than ICE cars.

In the long run, buying always make more sense than renting. Unless of course you prefer the generally lower rental payments and aren’t worried about actually owning it. This is just my opinion and others have different opinions.

Last edited:
Nice I ordered the same as you from same dealer on 06/01/22 so I hope I will get a update soon last update 07/07/22 no production dates available at time of check
Nice I ordered the same as you from same dealer on 06/01/22 so I hope I will get a update soon last update 07/07/22 no production dates available at time of check😔
I ordered LRTC same date as you and had notification expected to dealer 29/09/2022, delivery to us some 10 days later

£5,000 spent and you have nothing at the end of it?
Yes, but what happens with the equity in the car you own when you sell it? You don’t typically bank it…it goes into another car.

Ultimately, there was no new purchase option that comes close to the deal I got if you planned on keeping the car up to 3 years.

Yes, but what happens with the equity in the car you own when you sell it? You don’t typically bank it…it goes into another car.

Ultimately, there was no new purchase option that comes close to the deal I got if you planned on keeping the car up to 3 years.

It goes into another car when/if I want it to.

I have purchased a LR ZS EV TC. My plan is to keep for at least the 7 years of the warranty and not be limited in any way by the miles I put on it. I didn’t look at how much a lease for 7 years would cost with unlimited mileage? It would probably have to be two leases to cover that period, and at the end I would own nothing.

Maybe someone more familiar with leaving could work out if I made the correct choice?

[edit]

Just looked on Select Car Leasing site for my car:

45DCEC11-0B32-4291-B912-6835E03C0424.png

So that’s £7,500 a year !

After 7 years I would spend £53,000 and own nothing.

Last edited:
I also ordered in January with Octopus, I haven't had any such email yet.

View attachment 9864

is your tracker at the same point? I'm sure the 'Getting car ready' wasn't ticked before for me...

Where is the tracker from? I ordered through Vanarama in November last year but only get a text every few weeks saying they are trying to fulfill my order. Last date given was September but if it’s not on a boat now that seems very unlikely.

Last edited by a moderator:
What would you get for £5k, what would it be worth after 2 years, how much extra would you have spent just to keep it running and can you just get the dealer to fix any problems you get under warranty?
I bought my car new 5/21 for £23000 and am trading in for £22500, using simple mathematics that = £500 for 14 months which in my book is better than paying £5000 over 24 months for sweet f... a..

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom