MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

I bought my car new 5/21 for £23000 and am trading in for £22500, using simple mathematics that = £500 for 14 months which in my book is better than paying £5000 over 24 months for sweet f... a..
Good point you have made there and in the current climate people are making or loosing very little money in there cars so it is a win win situation ATM but at some point this used car boom will crash I can see it going back to the days of been either thousands upside down or having to keep your PCP till the end to be in some sort of equity at the end market can't carry on like this forever.(everyones is different though depending on deposits they put down and so on)

My personal opinion and this is just in my circumstances I used to find before all this started with covid/war etc I'd allways have a PCP on all my cars and 12/18 months down the line I'd allways find my self in negative equity and it would either be a lump and bump in to the next car which I never advise (learnt a hard lesson from that) or just ride it out I've now gone lease for the very two reasons 1. I can't change my car and be a idiot as I used to be so no getting my self in to debt with cars .2 breakdown/tax combined in to price

I know it's all a long hard slog ATM but hopefully soon we will see our new shiney Mg on the drive

Hi guys I ordered my new zs trophy connect long range on Nov 7 last year so I don't mine waiting but I do mind waiting without a delivery date we were first told February then April maybe now maybe June surely they must know dates 5 months after my order. Does anyone have an idea?

[ Edit moderator: changed title Delivers → deliveries to be easier to search for ]
i ordered the same vehicle in march this year, was told may/june delivery then august/september las week told march next yesr

It goes into another car when/if I want it to.

I have purchased a LR ZS EV TC. My plan is to keep for at least the 7 years of the warranty and not be limited in any way by the miles I put on it. I didn’t look at how much a lease for 7 years would cost with unlimited mileage? It would probably have to be two leases to cover that period, and at the end I would own nothing.

Maybe someone more familiar with leaving could work out if I made the correct choice?

[edit]

Just looked on Select Car Leasing site for my car:

View attachment 9918

So that’s £7,500 a year !

After 7 years I would spend £53,000 and own nothing.
For 7y (or anything over 3-4y) leasing makes no sense and purchase is the way to go
However, for 2-3y the numbers require a lot more analysis. I did the maths and a ZSEV LR would need to be worth £19k after 3y for the PCP to be more cost effective. At current rates, easily doable. In 3y when hopefully the market has normalised, it’s questionable.

For 7y (or anything over 3-4y) leasing makes no sense and purchase is the way to go
However, for 2-3y the numbers require a lot more analysis. I did the maths and a ZSEV LR would need to be worth £19k after 3y for the PCP to be more cost effective. At current rates, easily doable. In 3y when hopefully the market has normalised, it’s questionable.
I agree with this. I have leased cars for close to 11 years now. Been great for me have a brand new car every two - three years and just having the one payment without a deposit (on most), and no MOT’s or tyres.

My personal circumstances have now changed, and I intend to retire in 3 - 4 years. With this in mind I wished to have a decent car with a known history to take me well into retirement. For this reason I have now decided to bin the lease hire route and opt for PCP, and then pay th final payment in 4 yrs time.

At that point I will have options. Have some decent equity in my car and use it for a few more years, or part hock it in for a newer shinier tech updated, further car, and pay the difference in cash.

That all said…. If the current energy prices keep going the way they are going….. BEV cars will be worth pennies and ICE cars will cost a fortune. The the thought of paying 50pence a KW for electric in as soon as October, is starting to concern me. Gawd knows what the public charging network will be charging.

sorry btw, guess I am adding to the off topic nature of this thread.

I have just contacted my dealer for an update on a delivery date for my new car a MG ZS EV Long range SE. The car was ordered in April 2022 and deposit paid, I have never had an update on delivery or status or any contact from my dealer. Is this normal behaviour for a dealer, I would assume they would contact me with an update at least. I have phoned them on several occasions to enquire what is the possible date for delivery without any good news or any updates just we are still looking at end of August. Am I being fobbed off by my dealer?

I have just contacted my dealer for an update on a delivery date for my new car a MG ZS EV Long range SE. The car was ordered in April 2022 and deposit paid, I have never had an update on delivery or status or any contact from my dealer. Is this normal behaviour for a dealer, I would assume they would contact me with an update at least. I have phoned them on several occasions to enquire what is the possible date for delivery without any good news or any updates just we are still looking at end of August. Am I being fobbed off by my dealer?
To put this into some type of perspective, some members who have ordered ZS EV LR cars in November of 2021 are STILL waiting for their cars to be delivered !.
If you only ordered in April this year, then honestly I would not expect any positive news this early.
Regarding updates from your dealer, it really depends on the dealer / sales person you are dealing with.
Some dealers are good and providing updates, others are absolutely rubbish !.
I was lucky that I chose to use a dealer ( which was almost 100 miles from my home address ) that called me every 3 - 4 weeks to give me an update.
A quick call to to say, there was no change on my date, but would call if anything changed.
Some people only want being contacted IF their cars have arrived ???.

Can I point you toward the existing thread for this.... Shipping Updates a quick read of that and you will see the state of deliveries currently.

In short, I think your more likely to win the lottery than take delivery in August on an April order.

I agree with this. I have leased cars for close to 11 years now. Been great for me have a brand new car every two - three years and just having the one payment without a deposit (on most), and no MOT’s or tyres.

My personal circumstances have now changed, and I intend to retire in 3 - 4 years. With this in mind I wished to have a decent car with a known history to take me well into retirement. For this reason I have now decided to bin the lease hire route and opt for PCP, and then pay th final payment in 4 yrs time.

At that point I will have options. Have some decent equity in my car and use it for a few more years, or part hock it in for a newer shinier tech updated, further car, and pay the difference in cash.

That all said…. If the current energy prices keep going the way they are going….. BEV cars will be worth pennies and ICE cars will cost a fortune. The the thought of paying 50pence a KW for electric in as soon as October, is starting to concern me. Gawd knows what the public charging network will be charging.

sorry btw, guess I am adding to the off topic nature of this thread.
I think if the cheap night rates vanish then the whole EV market will collapse.

I’m leasing purely on the basis of I’m fed up with having to pay maintenance etc tyres, services etc.

I think leasing at this moment in time is pretty sensible. With the advancements in battery technology moving relatively quickly, the average range of an EV is sure to rise in the next few years. I also think as more car companies expand their EV offering and there'll be more affordable EV's on the market, potentially driving the average price of EV's down.

Last edited:
It goes into another car when/if I want it to.

I have purchased a LR ZS EV TC. My plan is to keep for at least the 7 years of the warranty and not be limited in any way by the miles I put on it. I didn’t look at how much a lease for 7 years would cost with unlimited mileage? It would probably have to be two leases to cover that period, and at the end I would own nothing.

Maybe someone more familiar with leaving could work out if I made the correct choice?

[edit]

Just looked on Select Car Leasing site for my car:

View attachment 9918

So that’s £7,500 a year !

After 7 years I would spend £53,000 and own nothing.
There's bad lease deals out there for sure.

£5000 over 2 years is very different to £53k over 3.

Ultimately, you are paying for the depreciation anyway, regardless of whether you lease or buy.

Just pick the best deal that suits you.

For me there was no cheaper option than lease over salary sacrifice with full maint.

There's bad lease deals out there for sure.

£5000 over 2 years is very different to £53k over 3.

Ultimately, you are paying for the depreciation anyway, regardless of whether you lease or buy.

Just pick the best deal that suits you.

For me there was no cheaper option than lease over salary sacrifice with full maint.

You cannot get a ZS EV LR for £5,000 over 2 years. I want a car that I can drive as far as want, not be limited on mileage. Just checked that I have done 9,600 miles in 6 months, so would need at least 20,000 a year. There is no way leasing numerous EVs for 7 years is cheaper that buying one, unless you don’t drive very far. And if you don’t drive very far then buy a used EV.

This needs a different thread.

You cannot get a ZS EV LR for £5,000 over 2 years. I want a car that I can drive as far as want, not be limited on mileage. Just checked that I have done 9,600 miles in 6 months, so would need at least 20,000 a year. There is no way leasing numerous EVs for 7 years is cheaper that buying one, unless you don’t drive very far. And if you don’t drive very far then buy a used EV.

This needs a different thread.
You missed the bit earlier where I said that was my current car (Ioniq 38kwh)

When the MG ZS eventually arrives, it will be £280 a month, full maint, insurance included for 3 years, zero down. 10k miles a year.

If you can pay for depreciation, maint, insurance etc over the 3 years with a purchase option, then I would like to see that deal.

You missed the bit earlier where I said that was my current car (Ioniq 38kwh)

When the MG ZS eventually arrives, it will be £280 a month, full maint, insurance included for 3 years, zero down. 10k miles a year.

If you can pay for depreciation, maint, insurance etc over the 3 years with a purchase option, then I would like to see that deal.

Another thread.

For anyone tracking MG4 deliveries:

Good news emanating from MG this morning. Circa 1000 MG 4's (predominantly LR's) will be available for delivery to customers by the end of September. A further boat with slightly smaller quantities should be to follow in October.
They will be almost instantly snapped up, so a pre-order is the only way to stand a chance.
I hope there is also a motherlode of ZS on these ships...

I took delivery of a SE Long Range model yesterday from Elmo Drive which I am using to tide me over until my November Trophy LR Vanarama order is ready.

In the glove box there is a "Complete Vehicles Certificate of Conformity". This has the following dates on it, assuming the format is mm/dd/yyyy, as dd/mm/yyyy does not work with some of the given dates, for example 04/10/2022 (as we're not yet there), so must be an April date.

Date of Manufacture: 1st April 2022
Date Certificate Signed: 10th April 2022
Date Elmo advertised the car and allocated me the registration number: 29th June 2022
PDI Report (from Supplying Dealer): 6th July 2022
Date Elmo delivered (Delay may have been due to them installing their own telematics): 25th July.

I seem to recall some earlier post about build dates on documents in glove compartments suggesting the car(s) had been built months before delivery. I wonder if those posts were interpreting the date format as dd/mm/yyyy instead of mm/dd/yyyy.

So 3 months from being built to PDI

On my certificate of conformity it says
Date of manufacture 31/10)2021
The car was registered over here on 31/05/2022
I collected it on the 09/06/2022.
That's a long time between manufacture and arrival.

Attachments

• 16590170946051173538375661016512.jpg
    16590170946051173538375661016512.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 16590171135008691901868242039141.jpg
    16590171135008691901868242039141.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 110
For anyone tracking MG4 deliveries:

I hope there is also a motherlode of ZS on these ships...
Just bizarre.

So on a car you can't even order yet (MG website just has an expressions of interest function) they can supply a ship load in just over a month.

Whereas a car you could order almost a year ago still people waiting on orders from December.

"Pre order is the only way to stand a chance" - what a joke.

Just bizarre.

So on a car you can't even order yet (MG website just has an expressions of interest function) they can supply a ship load in just over a month.

Whereas a car you could order almost a year ago still people waiting on orders from December.

"Pre order is the only way to stand a chance" - what a joke.
Absolute joke

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom