MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

7 year warranty is a concern when people get a serious fault and get told not a dealer issue, need to talk to MG UK as they would need to supply courtesy car. Talk to MG UK and are told to talk to dealer.

Dealing with MG UK is not the best, customer service is challenging.

They have certainly not excelled themselves for the ability to deliver cars to the UK people, some of which have been waiting up to 10 months.

Maybe we could be a lucky one and become a test dummy for one of the new prototype MG4’s. Wonder if the steering comes loose on these new models? All you have to do is give MG £30k and you get to drive around in a car that may not have Been fully tested.

To introduce a model without the ability to deliver for months after the launch just does not make sense. You would have thought that they would have stock cars available at launch.

We previously mentioned that transport shipping capacity is struggling. No room for ZS, but can find room for MG4.
Just had a call from dealership car is at docks Bristol awaiting transport. 😁

Just had a call from dealership car is at docks Bristol awaiting transport. 😁
That is great news. Was watching Leo Spirit and see that it is currently in Barcelona. It left Shanghai on 2nd July and ETA Bristol on 5th August.
Do you know when it did arrive. There has not been any ships into Bristol that has visited Shanghai for a few days now.
As far as I can see from the current list of arrivals expected at Bristol only Two have definitely loaded in Shanghai: -
Leo Spirit - Depart Shanghai 2nd July/ ETA Bristol 5th August.
Global Highway - Depart Shanghai 18th July / ETA Bristol 23rd August.

That is great news. Was watching Leo Spirit and see that it is currently in Barcelona. It left Shanghai on 2nd July and ETA Bristol on 5th August.
Do you know when it did arrive. There has not been any ships into Bristol that has visited Shanghai for a few days now.
As far as I can see from the current list of arrivals expected at Bristol only Two have definitely loaded in Shanghai: -
Ok, so it was a Jan order but allocated to a back order from November 21. Black Trophy LR. It must have been on Goodwood that is now in Zeebrugge. As nothing has gone into Portbury from Shanghai since. The dealer had a docking date of the 8th and a delivery date of 11th. So I thought it must be on Leo Spirit. I think Goodwood left Portbury on 22nd so 7 days for MG to notify the dealership of its arrival they certainly don't rush. Just a update UkChris has rightly pointed out that Freedom Ace arrived Portbury around 25th so it may well have been on that. However, there is no port call logged for this ship in China as it looks like its original start port was Japan. So my money is still on Goodwood!

Last edited:
Try freedom ace, it arrived about 5 days ago.

Try freedom ace, it arrived about 5 days ago.
Tried Freedom Ace but tracker I used stated it visited Japan (assumed Nissan & Toyota) then went straight to Singapore. If you have a site with better information of ports visited I would be very grateful if you could advise.

Probably a stupid question but has anyone heard anything positive from Vanarama? (Ordered November 21: LR Trophy White).
Positive in a sense of adding more months to the deadline than yes, got (extracted) an update saying hold onto september deadline but dont expect anything till Jan 2023

Dealership they used says no update on build stage, once on sea MG will notify us otherwise they dont bother. Dont see September being fullfilled based on that

Vanarama keeps saying its with senior management but apprently they cant use keyboard or a phone to get in touch with otherside

Positive in a sense of adding more months to the deadline than yes, got (extracted) an update saying hold onto september deadline but dont expect anything till Jan 2023

Dealership they used says no update on build stage, once on sea MG will notify us otherwise they dont bother. Dont see September being fullfilled based on that

Vanarama keeps saying its with senior management but apprently they cant use keyboard or a phone to get in touch with otherside
Is your dealership Greenhaus in Shrewsbury by any chance?

Tried Freedom Ace but tracker I used stated it visited Japan (assumed Nissan & Toyota) then went straight to Singapore. If you have a site with better information of ports visited I would be very grateful if you could advise.
According to vessel finder it was at Shanghai before Japan

Wow! Over half a million views on this thread alone! Whilst that is fantastic by any forums’ standards, it is a shame it is down to the subject matter (the odd lease or no lease diversion notwithstanding :) ).

What is the betting it will be at a million by the time my car arrives ? Being a very late adopter, i reckon that could well be the case. In fact i may have to learn the skills of others on here re: freight movements etc. as I am sure i will be the last to graduate from this thread.

Promise i will turn the lights out when that time arrives, after all, it will be close to costing the same to charge a car as it would be to fill it with petrol, come that time.

As an aside, it is fantastic to see some members eventually getting their cars now. I really hope we do not end up with a half million viewed thread wrt steering racks falling off!

Last edited by a moderator:
🤣🤣🤣 they did say they have about 400+ on their books. Mg says they received order end of Jan so no idea wdh happened
I wasn’t aware that the order didn’t go in until then. Vanarama certainly kept that to themselves.. I would guess this side of new year is out of the question.

I wasn’t aware that the order didn’t go in until then. Vanarama certainly kept that to themselves.. I would guess this side of new year is out of the question.
I called Greenhaus to get my order number for MG and MG confirmed 8-9 months from order date and confirmed my order was placed end of Jan. Now either vanarama forgot to place it or greenhaus or its just an MG quirk but i am thinking may be santa might bring it for xmas 🤣

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom