MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Interesting that they may be being released in batches of around 80.
Maybe a reel of chips came in, and MG UK's share of that happened to be 80. It looks like a reel of larger chips is about 125 parts.

I hear stories of cars manufactured complete except for one ECU missing one board which is missing one chip; they park them somewhere while waiting for the chips. When they arrive, they do a run of that board and its ECU, install them in the car park (?), final test, and deliver.

Maybe they only had parking space for 80 incomplete vehicles.

Or I could be totally wrong, and 80 is somehow a good batch size for manufacturing from scratch.

I wonder how these dealers are surviving with no new cars to sell or even fixed dates for delivery. Cash is king in the car business. Maybe above average sales and below average deliveries is something they can handle financially. Their overheads are pretty much fixed, will be interesting to see what happens in 6 months time.
My dealer Is multi franchise but delivery is an issue with most makes. Used sales are well up and profit margins higher than discounted, fixed dealer fee new cars.such as those sold on Affinity.

I wonder though when the new car absense will result in second hand car non availability, not many of us are selling without buying.

I wonder though when the new car absense will result in second hand car non availability, not many of us are selling without buying.
It's already happening, that's what had has driven the prices up in the second hand market.

Second hand car dealers near me have forecourts that are around half full at the moment, and auction prices are rising as Joe public turns to them for better deals, pushing used car dealer prices up too. It all has a knock on effect 👍🏻

I wonder how many are SE models and those ordering Trophy models will be let down.

I was all set to order the connect but it was the dealer that talked me out of it on day of ordering saying it only really benefits someone that don't have a smartphone

I was all set to order the connect but it was the dealer that talked me out of it on day of ordering saying it only really benefits someone that don't have a smartphone
Just been into the dealership, they said they have been allocated 150 vehicles coming in next week but they have no idea what models.

Latest one phoned dealer any news on my car, sorry system has not been updated due to Chinese new year 🤷‍♂️🤣🤣🤣

It's already happening, that's what had has driven the prices up in the second hand market.

Second hand car dealers near me have forecourts that are around half full at the moment, and auction prices are rising as Joe public turns to them for better deals, pushing used car dealer prices up too. It all has a knock on effect 👍🏻
A friend of mine in the UK purchased a 6 month old Discovery last year for mid 40's from his local Land Rover dealer. Just before Christmas last year the same dealer phoned offering him £10k over his original purchase price to sell it back to them as they are so low on stock and have people offering ridiculous money for lightly used models!

Just had an email conversation with my dealer.
I ordered Nov 23rd, like most of us was told March. Now have been told June!! I have told him my C3 which has done 185K is due a potentially very expensive MOT in early June so I really hope its here before then as I don't want to be spending money on something that I not be able to recoupe. He has agreed with this and is hopefully it will be here before then. I have suggested a potential loan car. Watch this space!!

Here in France our dealers are still being ridiculously optimistic - despite this batant pish on their website, my dealer has still not returned a single call or email in the last 5 weeks now - gotta love the combination of French non-existant) and Chinese customer service :cry:

Screenshot 2022-02-15 at 18.03.16.png

I have placed an order on the 13th of January. Been told the delivery will be either end if March or definitely early April. Now being told it will be early June.
Anyone here placed an order in January for the ZS Lr model?
When was your estimated delivery date.
End Jan and quoted mid June. Unsure whether this is pessimistic or not!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom