MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Dealer contacted me today saying my 14th January on the SE LR is due to be delivered on 7th November.

I wrote them an email last Friday saying that I am thinking of cancelling my order as I have placed a deposit for MG4 elsewhere.

I have emailed them many times before asking for an update and they never had any.

Contacted MG UK to confirm the status of my order to double check.
If MG UK says it's still on shortage then that would indicate that the dealer is bluffing and dont want me to cancel my order

They’re taking the biscuit as well £36,000.00 😬
This is why there is little incentive to supply waiting customers (or give them the opportunity to switch to a different colour/spec) - in this market with this type of car, price gouging is a thing.

This is why there is little incentive to supply waiting customers (or give them the opportunity to switch to a different colour/spec) - in this market with this type of car, price gouging is a thing.
I think it’s just specific dealers, not all! I mean the fact the car has been cancelled is due to the reduction in part ex value. My dealer has confirmed again after my conversation with them that regardless of when my car arrives my part ex value will be honoured. This dealer just seems to want to make an extra amount regardless. It’s the same dealer who said they only apply for the grant once the car arrives. Seems to be a multitude of errors for a quick buck.

I had a similar conversation as you in August same response (built) then nothing until I phoned dealer on Thursday to be told that car arrived that day. Have you checked with your dealer ? I ordered 3 days before you exact same car, could it have been on the same ship as mine?
Wow - no, I haven't checked with dealer - but I will. Thanks for that.

It was €250 for the rear windows, I don't actually know the spec lol it's not limo black but its dark enough
Sounds good, I had "blah blah something 15 blah" fitted to my Mod1 on the back 5 windows. Well worth it, looking to get ALL the windows done on the new one.

Just did update for ships arriving to UK. You will see two new ships.

Boheme - just came out of Suez and now routed for Southampton. Was in Shanghai for 49 hours and departed on 30th July. Has called at Thailand and Singapore on the way but still has a good load on board.

Grande Roma - has just left Singapore and is on the way to Shanghai - empty. Portbury forward movements shows ship expected 24th September.

Attachments

• AC638BCE-1F7E-455B-AEC5-C33B89CC1F7C.jpeg
    AC638BCE-1F7E-455B-AEC5-C33B89CC1F7C.jpeg
    922 KB · Views: 127
They have so many excuses already. I thought that China was still heavily reliant on the old coal powered electricity production. Suppose if the coal ships can’t navigate the rivers then that will be giving more excuses. In any case the excuse will only impact ZS production. New MG5 and MG4 will not be affected.

Ships are still able to navigate in Shanghai.

Shanghai is where the Yangtze meets the East China Sea. Chongqing shown in the video is over 1000 miles upstream. Wuhan is only 500 miles upstream - wasn’t the Yangtze river supposed to be highly polluted here according the the Chinese statements.

Probably the most realistic lead time really, and anything arriving before that is a nice surprise...

"In addition to the MG4 deliveries, the brand has confirmed that the facelifted MG5 production lines are now working flat out to meet demand. A large number are expected to land in the UK before the end of the year.

However, MG buyers hoping to pick up an MG ZS any time soon will be in for disappointment. Bosses have confirmed to Electrifying.com that new customers will be looking at a 12 month wait for their cars. According to MG, the ZS has been the model most affected by the global semi-conductor shortage."
Very interesting story. MG send a message to all the dealers (I was shown a copy) to show delivery time to be quoted for all new orders.
This showed 30 weeks for the MG ZS EV and some petrol models were as low as 12 weeks.

At the same time they are having interviews with the press stating 12 months delivery for the ZS EV?

MG have no problems producing the new MG4 and MG5, but due to the semi conductor shortage and now the reduction in hydro-electric power the ZS is struggling. It must be the flux capacitor in the sunroof module that is holding everything up.

Then why is my Se Lr with no sunroof delayed?
I am completely at a loss as to how MG are running things. As a former operations director of a large company, I have absolutely no idea of their processes.

For example, we have a LR Trophy in Red on order (end of Feb). Our parents ordered a black LR Trophy six weeks later. Theirs is on the way, ours is TBA.

The folks at MG Central assured me, and I have it in writing, that they are producing cars in order number sequence. B****CKS!!

One would imagine for workflow that they're doing batches of model, or colour, but that doesn't make sense either.

I'm now convinced they're working on some kind of 'he who shouts loudest' process which is truly shambolic.....

Very interesting story. MG send a message to all the dealers (I was shown a copy) to show delivery time to be quoted for all new orders.
This showed 30 weeks for the MG ZS EV and some petrol models were as low as 12 weeks.

At the same time they are having interviews with the press stating 12 months delivery for the ZS EV?

MG have no problems producing the new MG4 and MG5, but due to the semi conductor shortage and now the reduction in hydro-electric power the ZS is struggling. It must be the flux capacitor in the sunroof module that is holding everything up.
MG's strategy:-
  1. Tell press 1 year delivery for ZS EV
  2. Tell dealers 30 weeks
  3. Deliver in 30 weeks
  4. Get praise from press for "speedy delivery" of cars

MG's strategy:-
  1. Tell press 1 year delivery for ZS EV
  2. Tell dealers 30 weeks
  3. Deliver in 30 weeks
  4. Get praise from press for "speedy delivery" of cars
Dealer I spoke to on Saturday said no way would they offer to any prospective customer 30 week delivery on a new ZS. They know that this is just not achievable.
They had 3 ZS LR cars arriving next month - all three ordered on 1st November. All other orders are still TBA.

MG’s strategy…

1. Tell press, everything is rosey in the garden
2. Tell dealerships everything is rosey in the garden
3. Tell customers everything is rosey in the garden
4. Tell gardener he’s used weed killer on the roses.

In 3 weeks the government should update the actual cars registered in the UK between April and June this year. We be interesting to see the facts for how MG are addressing the ZS EV backlog.

I’ve adopted an attitude of realism , I ordered January 6th and at this stage doubt I take delivery in 2022 ?

On the plus side, I’m paying 35400 ( euro ) for top spec so could easily sell for a profit

What alternative have I elsewhere, I don’t care for the look of the Nissan Aryia and waiting time on the Renault Megane is long too

They said they would reduce my part ex value significantly. They also said it was due to arrive in November which is quite clearly a fib. I knew it’s and they knew it
I can see why they would do it under normal circumstances. There would have been a large difference between part ex value over the course of 9 months so their contracts reflect that. However, these are not normal times and your car may be the same value or even more than November so your dealer was definitely gouging.

My dealer tried that when I picked my car up and the sale had been agreed 2 weeks prior. They'd taken so long to get to that point because they were utterly useless, that my settlement figure had expired and the new one was £400 less because of the most recent payment. I refused and told them the amount they'd agreed was the absolute minimum I was prepared to accept and only because of the convenience. After 5 minutes of arguing they backed down.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom