MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Unless you’re Mystic Meg, you can’t.

5 days from landing to dealer to PDI to you also looks a bit optimistic
PDI? Im going off the info they have given. All i know is the car was one they had pre-ordered or something. Presuming that will be to boost their sales figures. Its a black trophy long range with sunroof which I understand arent made any more and he logged into something then said its currently at sea. Only reason I ask is my current car is a gas guzzler and i dont want to fill it up with petrol any more lol

PDI? Im going off the info they have given. All i know is the car was one they had pre-ordered or something. Presuming that will be to boost their sales figures. Its a black trophy long range with sunroof which I understand arent made any more and he logged into something then said its currently at sea. Only reason I ask is my current car is a gas guzzler and i dont want to fill it up with petrol any more lol
Look at my previous post- will attach image to remind ships due to arrive.

Attachments

• F295796A-267B-492E-B3C1-F9050B729B4F.jpeg
    F295796A-267B-492E-B3C1-F9050B729B4F.jpeg
    922 KB · Views: 333
Thanks. So fingers crossed its on sunrise ace. Lets hope it gets a tail wind so it arrives here quicker
As a rough guess - Leo Spirit docked on 2nd August and people on this forum were saying cars at dealer 2 weeks later.

PDI is Pre Delivery Inspection. The car will have an amount of inspection done at Portbury (at the very least make sure there is no damage from the shipping) then the dealer has a number of checks / updates to do before handing over the keys. Somewhere amongst this the registration plates will need to be fixed. I thought that dealer does this but saw photo of MG4’s being delivered with number plates already in place.

Well, at some point in the (probably distant) future there's going to be a blue TLR (with pano roof) up for grabs. I'm done with all the ev bs and staying ice. At least I'll be able to drive a new car before I shuffle off this mortal coil!
Off to my dealer tomorrow and if still no news on the ZS its a no from me.
I’ve already done it, cancelled the ZSEV Lr Trophy in blue and ordered a petrol Skoda Kamiq 12 week delivery.

Very interesting story. MG send a message to all the dealers (I was shown a copy) to show delivery time to be quoted for all new orders.
This showed 30 weeks for the MG ZS EV and some petrol models were as low as 12 weeks.

At the same time they are having interviews with the press stating 12 months delivery for the ZS EV?

MG have no problems producing the new MG4 and MG5, but due to the semi conductor shortage and now the reduction in hydro-electric power the ZS is struggling. It must be the flux capacitor in the sunroof module that is holding everything up.
Unless there is the mother of all shipments incoming, I don't know how they propose to clear the backlog, let alone promise 30 weeks on new orders. Mine was ordered 1st November, but not even built yet.

The customer cancellations probably don't move anyone much further forward... Aside from the few the dealers do offer them down the chain, I imagine the rest aren't canceled off the system and are instead are sold on.

The nerd in me is waiting to see the ZS Q2 & Q3 registration figures.

Unless there is the mother of all shipments incoming, I don't know how they propose to clear the backlog, let alone promise 30 weeks on new orders. Mine was ordered 1st November, but not even built yet.

The customer cancellations probably don't move anyone much further forward... Aside from the few the dealers do offer them down the chain, I imagine the rest aren't canceled off the system and are instead are sold on.

The nerd in me is waiting to see the ZS Q2 & Q3 registration figures.
I wanted to believe the vast majority of dealers weren’t offering them to people off the street and were passing it down to people waiting. My optimism is wearing thin seeing the numbers of people saying I’ve rang round and got a cancelled one. Not just on here, but on social media platforms as well. I’d ring myself, but I’m not paying the prices they’re selling them for to get the car sooner. I’m impatient, but not that impatient. I guess you’d pay the extra though if it means you get one with the sunroof rather than order one without.

The cut and paste response from MG has changed when chasing delivery :-

“Please be advised that, as a brand, we fulfil all customer orders as soon as we can, including retail and Motability customers. The order will be fulfilled in order with the same priority unless specified by the dealer with the initial order.”

The bit at the end has changed - unless specified by the dealer with the initial order.

Realise they are covering their backside but what does this mean - dealers can choose to swap cars around to suit themselves?

Just looked on Autotrader and saw MG4 deals.
29 adverts - some say order now for October Delivery. If anyone is interested may be an opportunity?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom