MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Just looked on Autotrader and saw MG4 deals.
29 adverts - some say order now for October Delivery. If anyone is interested may be an opportunity?
Should my dealer not get an orange trophy in ready for me on an October delivery, having been told I am first on my list, i may end up breaking, or at least seriously testing the swear filter on here!

seeing some members posting some pics of the dynamic red (which is the colour of the ZS I have on order) I may be swayed, it looks really nice on the 4.

Oh well, gonna be fun times with MG ordering and delivering process over the coming weeks / months! 😁

Well, at some point in the (probably distant) future there's going to be a blue TLR (with pano roof) up for grabs. I'm done with all the ev bs and staying ice. At least I'll be able to drive a new car before I shuffle off this mortal coil!
Off to my dealer tomorrow and if still no news on the ZS its a no from me.
Well, the deed is done. I visited the dealer today to find my order is still TBA, so I've cancelled.

However, some people never learn - and I'm one of them :rolleyes:.
I've only gone and reserve ordered an MG4 Trophy, that's all. Why, o why am I so weak :cry::)

My dealer has seven MG4s being delivered in September, one showroom car, one demonstrator and five for sale. He's not been told which model/colour combos though. However, if my choice (Orange Trophy) just happens to be one of the five, then I could be driving by October. Upside is the MG4 is more suitable and less expensive than the ZS.

On the downside though, if one of the sale cars is not my combo, the dealer can't give me any idea as to a delivery date - possibly out of the frying pan??

The cut and paste response from MG has changed when chasing delivery :-

“Please be advised that, as a brand, we fulfil all customer orders as soon as we can, including retail and Motability customers. The order will be fulfilled in order with the same priority unless specified by the dealer with the initial order.”

The bit at the end has changed - unless specified by the dealer with the initial order.

Realise they are covering their backside but what does this mean - dealers can choose to swap cars around to suit themselves?
I had another test drive of the ZS, it is the exact spec I'm waiting for and it's given me the strength to carry on waiting, it's even better than I remember

Arghh.. my dealer phoned me to say I can collect my car 6th or 7th November.
However MG UK tells me it's still on shortage.
Dont know who to believe.
Time to pay the dealer a visit and show me the status on the car.

Well, the deed is done. I visited the dealer today to find my order is still TBA, so I've cancelled.

However, some people never learn - and I'm one of them :rolleyes:.
I've only gone and reserve ordered an MG4 Trophy, that's all. Why, o why am I so weak :cry::)

My dealer has seven MG4s being delivered in September, one showroom car, one demonstrator and five for sale. He's not been told which model/colour combos though. However, if my choice (Orange Trophy) just happens to be one of the five, then I could be driving by October. Upside is the MG4 is more suitable and less expensive than the ZS.

On the downside though, if one of the sale cars is not my combo, the dealer can't give me any idea as to a delivery date - possibly out of the frying pan??
Seems like it's all about snagging one of the initial batch if you want to be on the road this year. Don't rule out dealerships that may not have such a big waiting list, and ring around if yours isn't able to secure you an early model...you might pinch one that way:

Arghh.. my dealer phoned me to say I can collect my car 6th or 7th November.
However MG UK tells me it's still on shortage.
Dont know who to believe.
Time to pay the dealer a visit and show me the status on the car.
I'd be interested to see what they tell you...mine is also still on shortage also according to MG. I never hear a peep from the dealer though 😑.

I am completely at a loss as to how MG are running things. As a former operations director of a large company, I have absolutely no idea of their processes.

For example, we have a LR Trophy in Red on order (end of Feb). Our parents ordered a black LR Trophy six weeks later. Theirs is on the way, ours is TBA.

The folks at MG Central assured me, and I have it in writing, that they are producing cars in order number sequence. B****CKS!!

One would imagine for workflow that they're doing batches of model, or colour, but that doesn't make sense either.

I'm now convinced they're working on some kind of 'he who shouts loudest' process which is truly shambolic.....
My view is that there are dealers with contracts that have minimum number of cars that they have to sell. When customers are scarce, MG can guarantee giving these dealers cars. However the contracts have backfired on them - now MG are struggling to supply the demand and the big dealers are still demanding the minimum number of cars.
This is the reason why there are stock cars floating around.
Unfortunately I picked a small friendly family run dealership that has no such contract and is therefore at the back of the queue.

My fault - should have found a big dealer to order the car that has more sway with MG to get more cars.

My view is that there are dealers with contracts that have minimum number of cars that they have to sell. When customers are scarce, MG can guarantee giving these dealers cars. However the contracts have backfired on them - now MG are struggling to supply the demand and the big dealers are still demanding the minimum number of cars.
Unfortunately I picked a small friendly family run dealership that has no such contract and is therefore at the back of the queue.

My fault - should have found a big dealer to order the car that has more sway with MG to get more cars.
Not so sure it's quite like that, I picked up my LRTC in red yesterday from small dealer and had good handover, everything, car and final price(finance) as agreed last year albeit I ordered 6/12/21. Whilst the Chorley's and Luscombe's have had stock cars to sell, I think they have customers still waiting from last year for their exact selected models.
Keep the faith with local family run business hopefully they'll serve you well when you get the car.

If you see large dealers with cars to sell, they are most likely cancelled orders which they have chosen to sell to new customers rather than serve their backlog. Luscombes, for one, have admitted doing this.

Large dealers have no ongoing relationship with their fleet drivers who might live at the other end of the country. Luscombes don't need to keep us happy, they just need to keep Tusker happy.

Small dealers are more likely to do the right thing, which means they are not selling 'stock' cars at inflated prices on Autotrader.

Popped into the dealership to see if they had any MG4 in…no, hope to get them in a few weeks, asked if I wanted to book a test drive?..no thanks, I’ll have a look around it..asked my name, said he’d spoken to me the other day (more a week or so ago) did anyone ring me back, he asked..no..oh, I’ll get someone to sort that, told him not to bother, he told me, hopefully my car would be here in a few weeks ( oh how I laughed) till he asked when I ordered it, “only back in December, still says it’s on shortage“ he for some reason, changed from a few weeks time, to maybe next year..

If you see large dealers with cars to sell, they are most likely cancelled orders which they have chosen to sell to new customers rather than serve their backlog. Luscombes, for one, have admitted doing this.

Large dealers have no ongoing relationship with their fleet drivers who might live at the other end of the country. Luscombes don't need to keep us happy, they just need to keep Tusker happy.

Small dealers are more likely to do the right thing, which means they are not selling 'stock' cars at inflated prices on Autotrader.
I can only speak for myself when saying Luscombe's did right by me, they had a car available (I believe from a cancellation) matching my November 2021 order and supplied it to me, bringing my delivery forward by a month or so

My dealer did the correct thing back in March and handed back all the stock orders as per the instruction from MG - remember the £1500 fine. They obviously did not realise that these stock orders they had were then released for the big dealers to grab and take. It is just disgraceful.

I am still waiting to know who my new dealer will be - in 7 days my dealer has the franchise removed and will not get any more deliveries. I wrote to MG and am yet to get a response - not sure they have the cut and paste paragraph to answer my question?

Popped into the dealership to see if they had any MG4 in…no, hope to get them in a few weeks, asked if I wanted to book a test drive?..no thanks, I’ll have a look around it..asked my name, said he’d spoken to me the other day (more a week or so ago) did anyone ring me back, he asked..no..oh, I’ll get someone to sort that, told him not to bother, he told me, hopefully my car would be here in a few weeks ( oh how I laughed) till he asked when I ordered it, “only back in December, still says it’s on shortage“ he for some reason, changed from a few weeks time, to maybe next year..
Yet you can call the big dealers and ask if they have any stock arriving. Oh yes sir, have a few at sea expected in the next four weeks - was there any particular colour you wanted? Give me a deposit and can put your name against it.

I can only speak for myself when saying Luscombe's did right by me, they had a car available (I believe from a cancellation) matching my November 2021 order and supplied it to me, bringing my delivery forward by a month or so
I'm guessing you are not a Tusker or Motability customer @Striker.

I'm guessing you are not a Tusker or Motability customer @Striker

Quite correct, though I was a private customer, with an existing order on backlog and not a new customer jumping the queue by getting a cancelled car

In my case, they did look after their customer and not go for new business, as per your comment

Like others interesting to see the latest messaging from MG UK re the status of my order from early Dec 2021. Still TBA but this new section below about my dealer having an influence on the priority. I'd be interested to hear from Miles what this exactly means as my dealer tells me they have no control or influence on the priority of their orders?????

Regarding your vehicle order, we can confirm it is still on shortage awaiting factory build.
Unfortunately, we cannot comment on the status of other customer orders without checking the detail, their purchasing dealer would be the best contact for advice.
Please be advised that the order will be fulfilled in order with the same priority unless specified by the dealer with the initial order.

Quite correct, though I was a private customer, with an existing order on backlog and not a new customer jumping the queue by getting a cancelled car

In my case, they did look after their customer and not go for new business, as per your comment
According to the tracker on this site you did jump the queue. Dealers are not providing cars on a first come first served basis. I'd suggest they are serving their most profitable customers first (retail, no discount, financed by the dealer etc)

Luscombe have admitted making cars available for new customers ahead of existing customers so I don't buy into their 'we are one of the good guys' pitch.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom