MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

For those of us that are waiting on the car transporter Autosun that was expected in Portbury on 2nd Sept, I have found out some stuff!

It arrived at 20:55 and is currently docked but it seems a bit odd that it came from a Spanish or Portuguese port. Does that sound like it is chock full of MG LR SE in black?
It gives no indication about what's on it...

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of us that are waiting on the car transporter Autosun that was expected in Portbury on 2nd Sept, I have found out some stuff!

It arrived at 20:55 and is currently docked but it seems a bit odd that it came from a Spanish or Portuguese port. Does that sound like it is chock full of MG LR SE in black?
It's possible that it was dropping off a bunch of LHD cars for Spanish/Portuguese dealerships on the way here.

Autosun was at Portbury on the 26/08 so anything she had would have been unloaded then i would think.

there were reports that vehicles were being transported to europe to be fitted with DAB radios around about April, if this is true it would explain the build dates and arrivals. Doesn't help of course just an observation. Time for another pointless email to MG to find out if the 9 month wait is over yet. Lots of ships are expected at Portbury, Southampton and Tilbury over the next 8 weeks.

there were reports that vehicles were being transported to europe to be fitted with DAB radios around about April, if this is true it would explain the build dates and arrivals. Doesn't help of course just an observation. Time for another pointless email to MG to find out if the 9 month wait is over yet. Lots of ships are expected at Portbury, Southampton and Tilbury over the next 8 weeks.
I've just done the same......9 months here and counting. I'm not holding my breath. It's not the waiting, it's the not being told anything that's the worst.

Don’t know where they’re storing them at Southampton ? Looked in the open air yards yesterday near dock gate 10 couldn’t see any thing , unless they’re down near dock gate 4 or 8n the multi-storey car park near the cruise terminal
saw plenty of Teslas and Fords plus import jap cars

Morning Carol is due into southampton next, thats been to Zeebruger, sweden and antwerp, so not holding out any hope for that one. Dignity Ace has been direct from China and due into Portbury tonight. Right part of china for ZS EVs who knows?

I've put an order in for a MG4 Trophy. Let's see what turns up first The ZS LRTC or the the MG4
I put an order in for ZS LRTC in late March 2022 told at time expect Sept if lucky Aug, just got phone call from dealer now expected March 2023. Was looking forward to next month now gutted

Morning Carol is due into southampton next, thats been to Zeebruger, sweden and antwerp, so not holding out any hope for that one. Dignity Ace has been direct from China and due into Portbury tonight. Right part of china for ZS EVs who knows?
Could be they load the ship with left and right hand drive cars for Europe and UK. Off loading in Europe, they probably load other makes for the UK market. (That's what I'm hoping anyway)

Question for the room , I had expected my ZS to arrive this month ( no chance getting it this year now however) and so had a home charger installed in the middle of July , MG dealer supplied the material free as part of the deal , dealer however told me the other day that were I to cancel my ZS order , he would return my 500 euro deposit but need to deduct 490 euro for cost of Home charging unit , in light of the fact that my cancelling would allow him to jack up the price of my car by nearly 5K to a fresh buyer , is it unreasonable of me to think he should not charge anything for the home charger? , at the end of the day I was led to believe that my car would arrive months ago

Suspect he holds all the cards but I’d be inclined to put this to him if I did indeed opt to cancel if I’ve no car in six months

Question for the room , I had expected my ZS to arrive this month ( no chance getting it this year now however) and so had a home charger installed in the middle of July , MG dealer supplied the material free as part of the deal , dealer however told me the other day that were I to cancel my ZS order , he would return my 500 euro deposit but need to deduct 490 euro for cost of Home charging unit , in light of the fact that my cancelling would allow him to jack up the price of my car by nearly 5K to a fresh buyer , is it unreasonable of me to think he should not charge anything for the home charger? , at the end of the day I was led to believe that my car would arrive months ago

Suspect he holds all the cards but I’d be inclined to put this to him if I did indeed opt to cancel if I’ve no car in six months
Did MG not pay for both the charger and the installation for you? I was told when I ordered in January that they would be covering the cost of all (I pay them the seai grant and claim it back, but basically its free)

It sucks but the dealer is perfectly entitled to recover the cost of the charger back from you, just lucky its only 490 and not more. If you talk to them and explain how you feel, they may (as an act of good faith) wave the cost? You don't get if you don't ask! If you cancel your order and they keep the 490 deposit it would more than likely guarantee you would never return as a future customer, but if they at least return the 500 and let you keep the charger it may not sour your experience with them for any future business (hope that makes sense). You could also ask them that if the car has not arrived by the next estimated delivery time then you get to keep both charger and depost, it puts the responsibility on dealer to push for your car as well.

As for the car, it would be madness if they didnt increase the cost of the car (when it eventually arrives) before selling it on to a new customer, any business would do this.

Tell them to come around and take the charger off the wall and give you your £500 back…what are they going to do with a second hand charger?

I would think it would cost quite a bit more than 500 euros to get installed today
It was fitted six weeks ago , I paid the electrician and I’ve applied for the grant but apparently MG provided the unit itself , 490 seems a lot for what it is actually

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom